• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New PokeDex

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
Years
  • I've been looking at the new HG/SS PokeDex's and I like the new design of it.
    It's unique that's for sure.

What do you guys think?

New PokeDex

New PokeDex

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Its pretty interesting, but honestly, I just miss the original ones. I'm not going to wish that it would come back, as with each new generation a new pokedex is made because of uber crazy technology, but yea, I like the original much better. But I do like this one better than the Gold and Silver versions.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly, I'm really satisfied with the new PokéDex design. It is more modern, up to date, and was given a sleek shine as well. Also, the added touch screen ability of it was really well put together. It makes the PokéDex look more like a digital book filled with pages, which reflects the more country-style appearance of Johto, yet it also seem more realistic. Overall, it is definitely great to have on the touch screen. It gives the players a chance to make more use of it and it looks a lot more organized. Not to mention, it is very simple which is a plus. Oh yes, I'd also like to mention that with the new PokéDex style they have kept it as the Johto Dex from the start of the game, so this means the newer generation Pokémon shall not be available until after the National Dex is obtained. I have to agree with the way they did this because then it would have given the game too much of a newer style generation rather than a remake, so it works. Definitely a large leap of improvement from the originals as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    What Aero said, pretty much. xD
    My only beef with it is that they made the female pokedex pink (they did this in D/P/Pt as well, right?).
    I really wish we could choose a color. Oh well, at least it's a nice shade of pink.

Years
  • I really the style of the new pokedex it looks modern and not all high tech the pokedex is one of the best features I like in the game

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • Honestly, I'm really satisfied with the new PokéDex design. It is more modern, up to date, and was given a sleek shine as well. Also, the added touch screen ability of it was really well put together. It makes the PokéDex look more like a digital book filled with pages, which reflects the more country-style appearance of Johto, yet it also seem more realistic. Overall, it is definitely great to have on the touch screen. It gives the players a chance to make more use of it and it looks a lot more organized. Not to mention, it is very simple which is a plus. Oh yes, I'd also like to mention that with the new PokéDex style they have kept it as the Johto Dex from the start of the game, so this means the newer generation Pokémon shall not be available until after the National Dex is obtained. I have to agree with the way they did this because then it would have given the game too much of a newer style generation rather than a remake, so it works. Definitely a large leap of improvement from the originals as well.

Everything you said is true lol

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • Its actually pretty nice. I just wonder how would you view their Area, Cry, Size and stuff? There isn't any way to check that from the given video we saw, was there?

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I really like the new design, a high tech look that was similar looking to Ash's at the time he was in the Johto region. it is probably my favorite design thus far. I really liked the original pokedex but this ones high tech design has me won over. I love the placement of the blue light and its like a handheld pocket book. Very very cool.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • I think gamefreak made the new pokedex look more like the DS so that it actually looks like you are using it. Such as having two screens and similar dimensions.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    Thats cool, it looks like some sort of a combination of a DS and the original pokedex so it looks more techy. Definetly a great improvement.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Its actually pretty nice. I just wonder how would you view their Area, Cry, Size and stuff? There isn't any way to check that from the given video we saw, was there?

Actually, there probably is. There is never a Pokédex without it, and I doubt this one will be excluded. It is a needed feature for players and to keep the PokéDex alive. However, they never went into details about the Pokémon they only showed the basic interface of it. The only way to check size, footprint, cry, etc. is to actually press the selected Pokémon for extra details. This is why nothing of the such was seen, so more than likely this feature will be included.

I think gamefreak made the new pokedex look more like the DS so that it actually looks like you are using it. Such as having two screens and similar dimensions.

You have a good point on this as now that I look at it, you can see the relation. Though, this also gives a reason for why they made it function by touch screen as well. If the 'Dex wasn't situated the way it is now, then it wouldn't have given a realistic sense in making it part of the touch screen. So, I'm glad it was built this way [Double Screen], because I find it may come in a lot less of a hassle and more easier to function.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The first thing I said about the new Pokedex was "It looks like a Cell Phone!"

Which, I love the new design for it. Not too excited about the Pink Girl Pokedex (would be nice to give you a choice of colors), but yes, nice shade of Pink at least. I'm also glad they kept some of the old design (the blue button in the front, it flips up, and it's taller, not wider, like the old Johto Pokedex).

Yes, really a good thing. They're doing a really good job with the designing and everything so far. :D

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • I like how the new design isn't so fat and how it now looks more like a cell phone. The colors are prettier as well. And the new layout on the inside is gorgeous as well.

Ayselipera

Its cool, but I prefer the first one just for nostalgic reasons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back