• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon Game or New Region Technically Confirmed (sorta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    i watched this video: https://youtu.be/0AzBZaJT7YQ

just to simplify everything, it says that the guy that says that you will see his region in due time, is technically correct.
    In the guide book to pokemon X and Y it says there is 13 berries in pokemon X and Y that you can legitemately get. there are 14 that you will have to trade the berries from a different game. BUT!, you cannot, under any circumstances, ever, bring items from any previous gen due to pokebank putting them in your bag before transferring them. So that means that there will be a new game or a remake in the works. (technically)

Years
  • That has been going on from a few people since October, and while the whole thing with berries in the Guidebook does rise a suspicion, it still hasn't been confirmed officially. We'd have to wait until official word from GameFreak before really deciding anything.

Although I have wondered about this, and a new region might be a good addition for the 3DS, because I know Kalos left some here wanting more.

Years
  • The names may not have been revealed, but as you stated earlier this has been confirmed technically so I'm speculating about the next region. Also if you talk to an old woman in the Couriway Hotel she will say something about a waterfall somewhere in the world that runs backwards, and in Canada specifically at the Bay of Fundy, the tide there is so strong that waterfall on the Saint John's River flows backwards, maybe a hint for a new region based on Canada?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    well that would be freakin awesome. and there was also this thing that said there is the bottom of france missing from kalos. so maybe the next thing will be the other half of it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Although I have wondered about this, and a new region might be a good addition for the 3DS, because I know Kalos left some here wanting more.

I totally agree. Kalos felt real narrow in places; especially when surfing along grassy banks that you can't walk on. Pokemon needs more open routes and secret places.

I would love to revisit Hoenn and see the underwater city, volcano, and sky tower in new graphics. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are my favorite legendary trio so I can't wait to see their new story on the 3DS. Get me my treecko and I'm good to go =P

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    seriously i think they would bring in so much money if they made ruby and sapphire again. hopsefully they release a trailer this year. but anyway if anyone find anymore info about this post it here.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    i watched this video: https://youtu.be/0AzBZaJT7YQ

just to simplify everything, it says that the guy that says that you will see his region in due time, is technically correct.
    In the guide book to pokemon X and Y it says there is 13 berries in pokemon X and Y that you can legitemately get. there are 14 that you will have to trade the berries from a different game. BUT!, you cannot, under any circumstances, ever, bring items from any previous gen due to pokebank putting them in your bag before transferring them. So that means that there will be a new game or a remake in the works. (technically)

There's kind of a huge hole in that theory: https://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

There's more than 13 berries you can legitimately find in x and y right off the bat, and secondly there's 13 you can breed via berry crossbreeding. In short, you can get the number of berries you stated in the game already, 34 varieties in fact if you count fixed locations and random wild encounters. 47 varieties in total including mutated/crossbred berries.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There is no doubt going to be another region. The one guy in game names all the regions and says his home region still is not one of them and then we get the strange trinket or whatever. It might be like BW2, how it added 3 towns. But we may get more this time.

I don't know if it will be in 6th Gen or not though, but right now..... anything is possible with the pokemon games. Can't really trust anything.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    There's kind of a huge hole in that theory: https://www.serebii.net/xy/berryfields.shtml

There's more than 13 berries you can legitimately find in x and y right off the bat, and secondly there's 13 you can breed via berry crossbreeding. In short, you can get the number of berries you stated in the game already, 34 varieties in fact if you count fixed locations and random wild encounters. 47 varieties in total including mutated/crossbred berries.

There actually are 14 berries that cannot be received in Pokemon X and Y.

Razz, Bulk, Nanab, Wepear, Pinap, Cornn, Magost, Rabuta, Nomel, Spelon, Pamtre, Watmel, Durin, and Belue.

The Strategy guide was referring to these berries in particular. These berries have never had any effect. Those that were there during RSE days were only good as Pokeblok ingredients. In Gen 4, they were Poffin or be traded for special accessories. If you got them in Gen 5, they were only good for selling to the lady that buys food items.

These are not in the games and so far there is no way to get these berries in Gen 6. So they'd either have to make a new game, a la remake of some kind, or make another generation that can backwards port berries into Gen 6. This is considering that the "Bonus Region" that has been rumored isn't more than more attractions on the Pokemon Global Link as well or that the Berry Region mentioned is a PGL attraction. The Strange Idol thing has a higher chance of belonging to another generation than the berries.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hopefully we get another region added by updating X/Y.

They aren't adding more to Kalos. If anything extra appears, it'll be as added games, Remakes/Thirds. X and Y are pretty much finished and done with as far as the producers and developers are concerned. All they need to do now is finish unveiling all the things already in the game that can't be received without their help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I think/hope that there will be another region and it will be the other half of France or England or Germany. I prefer England but I don't mind Germany.
    We would be able to visit Kalos after we beat the elite four of the first region, just like in HGSS and GSC.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wonder if they might be considering doing something like Gold/Silver for the sequel games, having you start in a new region and return to Kalos post game.

Could be interesting, I could understand why they wouldn't want to do that with the first set of games but maybe the sequels will be a different case. They'll have all the Kalos assets so they'd mainly be creating a new region and just messing around with the existing one.

Although the 14 unobtainable berries being berries that only ever had any use in Hoenn would strongly suggest 3rd gen remakes.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I hope the new region doesn't have lots of water. That's the thing I didn't like about Hoenn. Maybe they'll do sequels before a new region? I hope they release a Pokemon Z before Gen 7.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • well that would be freakin awesome. and there was also this thing that said there is the bottom of france missing from kalos. so maybe the next thing will be the other half of it.

Adding the South of France to Kalos would be cool IF they made it stand out from the rest of the map.

Hoenn's water problem can be solved easily. Just add a chain of islands to that giant water route. Each island having its own type. (And having the 8th gym leader and champion not sharing the water type would help. make one a Fairy Leader.)

Years
  • The only thing this confirms is that a NPC in the game is foreign to kalos, and from a region that we haven't heard of, and is assuring us we will see it in time. So he's pretty much telling you what you should already know: there will be a new pkmn region in the future.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    A guy in one of the inns talks about how he's from another region. That strongly hints remake. Following the chain of events Hoenn would be the next region for them to remake.

Shhmew

Years
  • I saw this exact thing speculated by another youtuber I follow here:
    Spoiler:

Very interesting, though not yet reeaaaalllyyy confirmed... looking forward to whatever pokemon has in store for the future [: And I agree, yeah, that Kalos left a lot to be desired, and it'd be neat if they introduced a separate but sort of connected region to complete it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back