• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen *NEW* Pokemon HG/SS Demo Gameplay!

Toughest Gym Leader In Johto?

• Falkner

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whitney

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Morty

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Jasmine

• Pryce

• Clair

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    I don't get it, why was Eckruteak shown without those bright orange and red autumn-styled trees? It had regular trees and gray roads, what happened? Did they remove them?

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    Wow...I can't wait. :D

Hopefully when the Japanese version comes out, somebody will translate it and make a ROM of it in english xD.

Also, is it just me or, was that a Lv. 20 Steelix? O_O and Totodile knew Waterfall!! I know it's a demo, but wth? lol

chimchar5

learnig surf
    Years
    I can't wait for this game to come out, the video makes me want the game more(and i didnt now i was able to want it more):D

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    ZOMG, I don't have words to describe this feeling...
    Thanks GameFreak/Nintendo...

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    The orange trees are at the back of the city.

Hahaha, the guy's 5-minute demo play ended. D;

Uh, no they aren't I've seen them on the very bottom. That could have just been a different city, but why would they just put them at the back? There's no logical reason.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Wait do we really need a thread for this when the pokebeach one can be changed? Just saying and all...
    Anyway I am loving the demo. Ecruteak seems all fine and dandy but damn looks like the marts aren't different for each town. Oh well. Hopefully the gyms will be...

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I wasnt looking forward to that bit anyway. The town looks nice but I wish he would have walked around a bit before going in that building.

PiplupGHacker

Keeping the dream alive.
    Years
    Yeah, well, don't get your hopes up for a translation patch. I mean, its not like its japan exclusive. People are more busy for patches for japan exclusive games, and I wouldn't mind playing it in japanese. The only games that totally stump me in japanese are games like kingdom hearts, where you will have NO IDEA whats going on if you can't read the text. (Tried to play japanese KH358/2 days when it came out - epicly failed and stopped at day 8 simply because I didn't want to mess up something huge in the storyline

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDIYgU21QI
    So then the HeartGold demo got video'd as well. Some points?
    Lapras is looking lovely in sprite form.
    Suicune in intro is not tweaked for Tin Tower like believed by another member on another forum.
    Contest Fans dissapoint as ribbons seem to not be in the ribbon page but medal like slots. Oh gee i wonder what has medals in these games again...

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    Uh, no they aren't I've seen them on the very bottom. That could have just been a different city, but why would they just put them at the back? There's no logical reason.

Yes, they are. The autumn coloured trees are around Tin Tower.
    As for a reason.
    Either they want the Tin Tower and the landscape around it to look unique or it has a symbolic meaning.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    ah, i like koffing's sprite
    however, level 12 right before the 4th gym!
    WHAT THE HELL?!

I wouldn't worry about that - as mentioned before, this is a demo, and it's very likely the levels (and the trainer's Pokemon) will not carry over. Levels are diminished for the demo so players have an easy time of it, especially considering the 5 minute time limit (if most of the playing was just a battle... then what's the point of wanting to show off more afterwards?).

New videos are interesting with the random tidbits here and there. Seems very linear as well, but that's only to be expected. Loving the new music now for the Team Rocket guy. =D

Years
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDIYgU21QI
    So then the HeartGold demo got video'd as well. Some points?
    Lapras is looking lovely in sprite form.
    Suicune in intro is not tweaked for Tin Tower like believed by another member on another forum.
    Contest Fans dissapoint as ribbons seem to not be in the ribbon page but medal like slots. Oh gee i wonder what has medals in these games again...

That was so cool! I love how the hair flows on the overworld of the girl trainer! :D I really like the big sprite of the girl with the pack as well as the back sprite. I've noticed that Cyndaquil's sprite looks different than the dp one. (Wish I could have seen the wild battle, though, but it's okay. ^_^) I love Lapra's sprite. I'm definitely playing as a girl trainer. I finally decided to choose Cyndaquil as my starter. This video decided it for me. ^_^

I don't mind there being a lack of contests. I can still enjoy the contests in Platinum. I like the mini-games. ^_^ I'm so happy we got to see the Heart Gold intro as well. Thanks again, Todoroki. =D

Back