• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    It might just be me, but to me they look like Ranch silhouettes. Maybe they'll release em on that before 5th generation, but not allow them to be transferred on platinum??? idk. It might just be promotion for Ranch.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    These would make pretty depressing looking Pokemon.
    They all look like results of breeding common household electronics with Pokemon and other things!
    Red Pokemon = A toaster + A crab + Strong bad.
    The purple one looks like a leapster that stole two Pikachus's tails, and used them for hands.
    I can somehow make out Porygon2's legs in the green one, and the rest of it looks like a TV
    with a big ol' antenae (Magnezone eat your heart out?)...

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    @ DeanoDance. Platinum is supposed to be a remake of 4th Gen not a 5th generation, the main difference is the Giratina and Shaymin forms.

And yes The Postman, I do know about Shaymin and Giratina

And also just to contradict from my first post, i never said it WAS a legendary. i said it was a legendary/only one in the game Pokemon.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Based on their colors only and somewhat shapes I think the purple one is pure Ghost or a rotom evo((unlikely), Red Ghost/Fire, Orange Ghost/Fighting, Green Ghost/Grass and Blue Ghost/Water.

I'm not sure about that, because it's pretty evident I think that the different forms will comes from different electrical appliances, so I think they will all be electric at least.

Though maybe not. Maybe fire/ghost for an oven/toaster. Water/Ghost for like...a washing machine? Or a turbine? Lol, I dunno.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hm, if anyone's curious, top text: Konoshiru e tsuto no Pokemon hō (then a kanji symbol, which I'm geussing refers to Platinum version).
    I think the first word is not one word... Japan's fault for not using spaces.

Kerotan

Gwo. Wuggo-wuggo.
    Years
    I'm not sure about that, because it's pretty evident I think that the different forms will comes from different electrical appliances, so I think they will all be electric at least.
    Though maybe not. Maybe fire/ghost for an oven/toaster. Water/Ghost for like...a washing machine? Or a turbine? Lol, I dunno.
    I was kind of joking when I said they were modeled after appliances.
    That would be a new low for Nintendo/Game Freak.
    Well, Rotom CAN take over/occupy/possess electronics, so maybe those are him taking over certain appliances. Not likely, though.

Some of these could possibly be Pokemon that were affected by the weather changes in Sinnoh, though, because that is a pretty big theme in Platinum.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well i have answers

Summary: The five silhouettes are indeed Pokémon that are possibly related to one another. Rare in-game items related to these silhouetted Pokémon (and which are otherwise unobtainable via normal play) will be distributed between September 28 and November 4. The ad then points to preordering Platinum as the first step to obtaining these rare goodies.
    The full translation is as follows:
    Red header (literal translation): "The Pokémon of these silhouettes are one body/group/company?"
    In other words, "Are the Pokémon represented by these silhouettes related in some way?"

Yellow banner: Tools/items related to the Pokémon represented by these silhouettes will be distributed between September 28 (Sun) and November 4 (Tue)

Blue oval: [These tools/items] cannot be seen/obtained during normal play!

Yellow text: First, let's preorder Pokémon Platinum!

Buhbye! Nah kiddi bu yeah if you can read you get it. If you cant well then your illiterate.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    If those are Rotom's new forms, I can already say I'm disappointed. Oh well, who cares about my opinion right >:0

Still, there is a good chance those are Rotom's new forms. D/P left a lot of mysteries about Rotom.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    I was kind of joking when I said they were modeled after appliances.
    That would be a new low for Nintendo/Game Freak.
    Well, Rotom CAN take over/occupy/possess electronics, so maybe those are him taking over certain appliances. Not likely, though.

Some of these could possibly be Pokemon that were affected by the weather changes in Sinnoh, though, because that is a pretty big theme in Platinum.

How the crap is that a new low, and not likely? That makes complete sense and would be awesome.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Well title says all. Just look at the pic and tell me your opinion. Hopefully its just rotom being stupid and having forms not acual new pokemon.
    New pokemon!

This is more likely than not different rotom formes. They will NOT add any new pokemon for platinum, just new formes. This would be my guess as to what they are.

Blue: Maybe the crane in Snowpoint, its two arms do kinda look like it.
    Orange: This one I'm not to sure on.
    Green: Doesn't anyone else see that it looks exactly like a toy train or something. Maybe they have one in platinum? This is a stretch, but if they have a train then what might it do (jhotoorkantoinplatinumhint).
    Purple: This might be just the normal rotom when transferred to platinum, seeing as it looks like a TV.
    Red: Like blue, this could be from the crane in snowpoint, some new under-water machine, or even something in the oreburg mine, like a mining machine.

Note: what I mean, if some are still confused, is that maybe rotom will inhabit different machines and have different stat distributions for each one.

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    I agree with all that.

Having 5th Gen Pokemon in Platinum is kinda contradictory. they wouldnt be 5th gen if they were in a 4th Gen game would they? srsly.

They are 4th gen pokemon, only that they are forms/ evos. Like honestly, that red shadow looks like a chatot evo. Also, they could just be in a hidden code, like one that's programmed to freeze the game unless when connected with platinum?

Or prehaps this is not for games, but for the anime.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    I would be so disapointed if this were the new Rotom forms. Rotom is cool the way it is, besides, I don't get why they should make new forms, I mean, why would they? I guess they're running out of ideas.

Also, If these Rotoms represent machines, wouldn't be the Rotom now be like a cube-shape kinda thing ('cause It's found on a TV set) not a ball-thing in an electricity?

Phoenix_Mew

Trainer of all things adorable
    Years
    Personally, I'm pretty disillusioned with the entire 4th generation of Pokemon. If Nintendo is working on 5th gen already, I just pray that it's going to be better than 4th gen. Maybe something more akin to the amazing 1st and 2nd gens.

And this whole thing about "forms" is a tad annoying. Pokemon were supposed to be Pokemon and say in their shape. Now it seems that being able to shift into a different form is the new rage. *shrugs and goes to whip out Silver for another go around* Oh well.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]Can you please source this?[/S-HIGHLIGHT] For all we know you've drawn these pictures yourself.

It's not hand-drawn. It's Originally from CoroCoro (Coro Coro Japanese Site.) and on Serebii [Front Page/news] (Serebii.net)

Hope that helped. (I doubt the CoroCoro website will help.)

P.S. How would he draw them? It's a picture from a Japanese magazine.
    :\

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    This is the most mysterious and exciting point od Platinum so far!

dark_Uxie

ill wipe ure minds XD
    Years
    these are actual new pokemon it says so on the trailer i dont think its new forms of rotom XD.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2022
    [Well im sorry to say it but they area really new pokemon. How? Lookie at this:

Proof enough. And yeah thats the corocoro page small. Now we wait for big![/quote]

Sweet find man, lets hope this gets uncovered soon.

Back