• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Region(s)? O_O

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
Years
  • @Sabrewulf238: You make a great point about the gems. I was actually wondering about that a little not too long ago. They certainly have an opportunity to do something really amazing and different with Pokemon this generation and I just hope that they don't waste or ruin it.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • Either I'm hopeful, or just have ESP, but I believe they will make Hoenn accessible via trains in Kalos. Several NPC mention Hoenn, from the guy in the hotel, to the lady mentioning the Hoenn sand baths, to painting of Mr. Briney and his wingull. There is a lot of mention of Hoenn, and the fans have been crying for it for years. Instead of making a whole new remake for the games, why not make Hoenn an add-on for XY

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Either I'm hopeful, or just have ESP, but I believe they will make Hoenn accessible via trains in Kalos. Several NPC mention Hoenn, from the guy in the hotel, to the lady mentioning the Hoenn sand baths, to painting of Mr. Briney and his wingull. There is a lot of mention of Hoenn, and the fans have been crying for it for years. Instead of making a whole new remake for the games, why not make Hoenn an add-on for XY

Why not both? I mean, really. In the past, they have made remakes whenever they crossed over to a new system, which we just did. The main series games just made the cross over to the 3DS, so, it's highly likely that we are getting Gen 3 remakes. However, the traveling Hiker that goes from hotel to hotel talking about his region specifically states that he is not from any of the known regions, and ends every single sentence with, "You'll see it in due time!". Now, add to that the little berry hint in the guidebook and you have some real evidence of the perpetual generation theory. If you don't recall, the guidebook says that there are 14 additional berries, not found in Kalos, that can be traded over. And since there is no trading between any of the previous generations, and since you can't transfer items using PokeBank, this means it has to be from an upcoming game, taking place in a new region. But, the way these hints are told, it seems like it's going to be a sooner, rather than later thing. The way I see it, we are going to have a perpetual generation with generation 3 remakes.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I just think it'd be neat if they gave us like a taste of what's to come next. For example, they can make a piece of this new (and nearby) region accessible in the third version or sequels while the rest of the region is blocked off for unknown reasons (explained in the next generation games). Here we can have access to possibly one of the event Pokémon or obtain a few items that are unavailable in X and Y. It'd be a neat tease and certainly whet our appetites even more than just a few hints and nods to the possibility of a new region like with the hiker.

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • I just think it'd be neat if they gave us like a taste of what's to come next. For example, they can make a piece of this new (and nearby) region accessible in the third version or sequels while the rest of the region is blocked off for unknown reasons (explained in the next generation games). Here we can have access to possibly one of the event Pokémon or obtain a few items that are unavailable in X and Y. It'd be a neat tease and certainly whet our appetites even more than just a few hints and nods to the possibility of a new region like with the hiker.

True. That would be a nice tease. But, lets face it, Nintendo and GF like to see us wanting more and speculating with outrageous theories over really simple things. They've been doing it practically since the very first generation. If they can make us freak this much over one sentence in a guidebook and a few subtle hints from some hiker that goes from hotel to hotel, then they're happy and we are wanting more. And eventually, we will get more. What that more is, we don't know right now, all we can do is speculate.

Years
  • I think at max we will continue to just see two regions per game on special occasions where we would get nore than just one. Why? Its just to much that the quality would start to dull all around. Look how long it took them to go to 3d battle animations ( I congratulate them on taking so long though ) from what I would like to believe about the makers of pkmn is that they are very into staying true to the series and very touchy about changing huge aspects. Even as silver and gold being a lot of ppls heart for the series I know gf has to know that kanto was maybe 30% of what they could have done, it lacked so much having to CE after johtos protag has collected 8 badges and became a johto champ. I think unforseen as of now but if they put more than two regions in a game they would have to change a lot of stuff just to make the are stay on even a decent at best pace, it would not be a bad game, but I think the things it would need to be quality would make it so unique it might scare some core fans away.

As for hoenn.. I hope its a stand alone region ( maybe get a island after game and couple of towns and some routes ) but if they overhauled hoeen and did it quality and graphically dazzling like xy , hoenn would be soooo massive in 3d ( when done good and right ) that there would be so much room for a great game in story and post story that it wouldn't need another region to pair it with. I know I sound like a gem 3 fan boy but I swear I'm not haha, hoenn is actually my 3rd on my list out of the 6 main regiongs, sinnoh is my least favorite

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    if there really is going to be a new region, i shudder at the thought of how massive that update is going to be... >.>

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    if there really is going to be a new region, i shudder at the thought of how massive that update is going to be... >.>

The new region will definitely not be in X an Y. Masuda himself said there shall not be any DLC for X and Y.
    GF wants to make money and have work to do, so a new game is the best way to do this. And the Strategy Guide said 'trading from other regions' and 'not available in X and Y'. So don't expect to see a huge postgame download for X and Y, the only downloads are patches to get rid if the glitches.
    (Don't mean to offend you, just making my point clear)

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I think it's better to let people speculate and dream; who knows, some things may change and they would update some things if they see people want it. Anyway, it would be good if there were something like an expansión pack like in other type of games; I don't know how it works but I'm not going deep into that matter. I only hope they release those new games (and probably remakes) soon so that we can enjoy them.

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I really hope nothing connects to Hoenn from the Kalos region. I really want them to stay true to the land masses being equivalent to real life locations ( Kalos -> Northern France, Hoenn -> Kyushu, Unova -> NYC, etc...)

Years
  • Or get this...the berries might just be unobtaniable. The region the backpacker is refering to will likely be the regionof the 7th gen games.
    Gamefreak doesn't want to do DLC'S and I'm pretty sure they stated they do not want to include two regions in onegame anymore.

Years
  • I really hope nothing connects to Hoenn from the Kalos region. I really want them to stay true to the land masses being equivalent to real life locations ( Kalos -> Northern France, Hoenn -> Kyushu, Unova -> NYC, etc...)

Well... there is a swimmer that tells you he swam from hoenn ( I think in azure bay ) in xy. Pokémon is also known for some pretty outrageous dialogue from NPC's every once in a while. I just hope they don't come out with multiple region games again til they are able to honor both regions in the game equally. I would much rather have small para region islands or routes post game. With that being said I also in the same hand think they could expand the amount of post game towns/ islands/ caves/ routes, than what they have done before and make it mirror visiting another region without it taking away from some of the shine that standalones have. I would love to see what they could do to a 3d johto without them trying to cram in a post johto league kanto. It would possibly be the most beautiful and interesting region of all. I always felt like it was cut short though because of it being a two region title. Might be just me though.

Or get this...the berries might just be unobtaniable. The region the backpacker is refering to will likely be the regionof the 7th gen games.
    Gamefreak doesn't want to do DLC'S and I'm pretty sure they stated they do not want to include two regions in onegame anymore.

Can berries be held in the bank? They could possibly be transferred that way and have a in game use in the juice shoppe or something.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So yeah. There will be no second region in 6th gen. Unless the next title takes place in a new region...and lol didn't mean to sound like a jerk in my previous post lol I'm sorry.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    No. Pokemon Bank does not allow you to transfer items, so no berries.
    @Flamebot how do you want to trade berries from Gen VII to a Gen VI game? I don't think they'll make it that comllicated. The backpacker in the hotel says 'in due time'. Gen VIII in due time is very unlikely don't you agree?

Years
  • No. Pokemon Bank does not allow you to transfer items, so no berries.
    @Flamebot how do you want to trade berries from Gen VII to a Gen VI game? I don't think they'll make it that comllicated. The backpacker in the hotel says 'in due time'. Gen VIII in due time is very unlikely don't you agree?

Yeah I wasn't sure. The berries thing might not even be a big deal though. They could simply be saying they aren't available in this game but giving it a little flavour by saying it the other way.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    No. Pokemon Bank does not allow you to transfer items, so no berries.

We don't yet know if Items can be deposited onto current Gen Pokemon in the bank. We only know that the Transfer will not allow them to be holding items so that we cannot bring any items forward with our Pokemon since Item ID numbers do change in the games albeit rarely.

If they allow for Items to be stored onto the bank as well, we could easily get a Gen 1 to 2 like restriction where the new things cannot be withdrawn on a game that is incompatible with it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Technically, koff~

That isn't true. Johto was actually the first region to contain berries. Not trying to nitpick here, I'm just sayin' is all, koffi~

You got a point here. But the berries back then could not be planted, only grew at an Apricorn Tree and the names are drastically different from the current day berries. Gen.III introduced the 'modern' berry system.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Probably not a Wii U game, since the backpacker at the hotels tells you about the champion of his region. So main game it is.

Other than the lack of gym badges, and the fact that there are no new Pokemon, Collosseum and XD both feel a lot like a main series game to me. I am a huge fan of both games, it was nice to have a less happy, Dystopian Pokemon region, and the player character having a darker edge was really nice.

And the fact that the Game Cube games had a daycare, and you could trade back and forth with the main series games really helped to make the games feel main series. Unlike the other spin off games, which have little to no connectivety to the main series.

It is foreseeable that a "new region" (remember the Game Cube games were in the Orre Region) could be a Wii or Wii U game. It could be unlikely. But it is possible.

Back