• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(NEW) Signature Contest #1 - Pokémon [VOTING]

Vote for the best Signature!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • tumblr_mpl3866oIy1refwjmo1_1280.png

tumblr_mpl5akq5X91refwjmo1_1280.png

tumblr_mpl5zqh45g1refwjmo1_250.png

Pokemon!

Host: Snowdrop
    Co-Host: To be Determined

Welcome, every member of PC, to the new signature contest! It's like the Icontest... but with, you know, signatures! :D We hope to gain many participants. Have fun voting, guys!

Voting will take place for 1 week. Since it's real late... Voting will end on Monday, August 19th. That is, if we even get more than 3 votes.

The details of this theme: Anything related to Pokemon including human characters and even landscapes, buildings, or items featured in the Pokemedia.

tumblr_mpl6a7MvcE1refwjmo1_400.png

1.) You can use fan art as long as you tell give credit to the artist under your submission. This means that, if you find some fan art on Google, you must find the source and give proper credit. You do not have to give credit to photos are anything official from Pokemon, such as screencaps from the anime or the TCG.
    2.) You may not just color adjust a picture by upping the contrast or tampering with the saturation or anything along those lines. Put more effort into it than that!
    3.) You must post your original stocks and renders.
    4.) There is only one entry per person. You may change your entry at any time during the submissions round.
    5.) No pixel art or other mediums that are not considered graphic art unless you incorporate it into the proper signature.
    6.) Your post must relate to the current theme.
    7.) No voting for yourself. Do not degrade anyone else's art. You can, however, say who you voted for.

If you use someone else's signature or create duplicate accounts to vote for yourself (as I have seen done before elsewhere), you will never be allowed to participate in this contest again.

LenSho (s1)
    OqiVXTu.png

Felly (s2)
    PCSigContest.png

Zenesis (s3)
    3f24bdfd886ff95e816a34c52dd3f37b.png

xxkaylabby (s4)
    aewe1l.jpg

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm going to vote for this one.

I love the color pallet so much and the theme itself is just precious. Definitely a good tag! :D

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • D'aww I didn't get to submit. D;

Oh well maybe next time, haha. Anyway my favourite piece was definitely this one. The artist did a pretty good job blending effects and using a nice colour scheme, and the atmosphere in the tag is pretty powerful, very fitting for a Pokemon like Zekrom. The typography is pretty good as well. <3

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    combine Furret (my most favorite normal type) and cuteness, and presto, you know where my vote headed xD

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Voting for xxkaylabby's Furrets because Furret and Linoone are two of my favourite Pokémon, and they're just too cute."]

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • since i couldn't vote for myself, i voted for Zenesis (s3). i just love the use of textures and the text is nicely placed.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Goddamnit I didn't even get to vote. Anyway, just gonna post my thoughts on the entries. Hope you guys don't mind? :p

I would've voted for the third entry had I been able to do it. Just because the composition is stronger than that in the others. First two suffer from lack of well defined focus and lack of interesting effects that compliment the render/stock. Second one is monotonous as well. Remember guys, just using more than one shade of color can work wonders. And if you gonna go the monotone route then the tag better have killer depth. Which it does not. As for kayla's tag...well, the typography is really basic. And really space hogging too, imo. Some compactness and different font would've helped a lot.

I found all the tags to lack somewhat in the effects department but the zekrom tag did them the best out of the bunch. And typography was pretty good too.

So yeah, just my two cents, guys. Congrats to the winner. Hope we have the next tag contest asap!

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Congrats, Zenesis! You be the winner! I voted for his, since Zekrom is my 4th favorite legendary and I loved the contrast and effects. I'll have the next competition up sometime soon. Now I need to make an emblem...

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Contest is over so I'm going to close this. Big congrats to Zenesis for being Snowdrop's Signature Contest #1's winner!

We look forward to seeing more of your work! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back