• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] New to Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    Hi guys I just joint the site to try to learn about the cards, my 6 year old grandson is trying to get into the trading game and doesn't know much about it but is learning. I just want to help him so am looking for all info you can supply and where to find it. I bought him some cards some I believe are fake but not sure how to tell for sure. Any info would be great thanks.

Years
  • Hi guys I just joint the site to try to learn about the cards, my 6 year old grandson is trying to get into the trading game and doesn't know much about it but is learning. I just want to help him so am looking for all info you can supply and where to find it. I bought him some cards some I believe are fake but not sure how to tell for sure. Any info would be great thanks.
    Welcome! There should be stickied guides to help you over at our Trading Card Game section. I believe that is where you can also have your cards checked to see if they're legit or not :)

That's really awesome that you support your grandson's interest in Pokemon <3 I'm rooting for them to learn and get good~ If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Have a good one!

Years
  • Hello Rake!
    Welcome to the money drain that is Pokemon cards! =p
    Hopefully someone in the TCG section linked above can help you further =3

What series of the TCG are you currently helping your grandson collect?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi guys I just joint the site to try to learn about the cards, my 6 year old grandson is trying to get into the trading game and doesn't know much about it but is learning. I just want to help him so am looking for all info you can supply and where to find it. I bought him some cards some I believe are fake but not sure how to tell for sure. Any info would be great thanks.

Welcome Rake!

We've got a whole bunch of resources and guides put together in the TCG section! Which I'm rather proud of, if I'm permitted to brag! It'll walk you through how to play the TCG, how to collect, and how to identify if a card is fake. But of course you're always welcome to post there (with pictures preferably!) and get a professional take on if the card is counterfeit or not. :)

Best of luck!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2022
    As stated he is only 6 has no idea what is real what is not and to be honest I don't think I am even up to his speed LOL. I just buy a few on line for him and he takes them to school to trade, he is just having fun with is friends. Myself I would like to know a little bit about them just to teach him about them. I just bout a small box on line Gold cards but they came in Spanish ,I did scan them with an online scanner and most scanned but back to the english name. Example Charlie zad Vmax came back as Charizard Vmax and did have the proper english info on it as the Spanish. Is it real I have no idea.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    As stated he is only 6 has no idea what is real what is not and to be honest I don't think I am even up to his speed LOL. I just buy a few on line for him and he takes them to school to trade, he is just having fun with is friends. Myself I would like to know a little bit about them just to teach him about them. I just bout a small box on line Gold cards but they came in Spanish ,I did scan them with an online scanner and most scanned but back to the english name. Example Charlie zad Vmax came back as Charizard Vmax and did have the proper english info on it as the Spanish. Is it real I have no idea.
    It's crazy how quick kids can get a grasp on things! You're doing well by starting him off with a collection of cards to play with at a young age. My dad did the same thing for me and it taught me a lot about responsibility. :)

If you're wondering whether a card is real or not, you can always ask in the TCG section!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Hii and welcome to PC! If your grandson just wants to play and have fun, it probably doesn't matter super much if the cards are real or not as long as they're nice. But yeah, I suppose it'd be kind of a pity to trade away possibly fake cards to someone else who would believe they're real. Good luck with your investigations!

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • This is so wholesome :3 welcome to PC! Hope you find all of the info you're looking for here, there are a bunch of available resources around the forum and I'm sure someone would be glad to help! I'd offer my assistance but I've only just started collecting the cards, too!

krunker

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    That is a beautiful thing. Your grandchild will be happy to have you. This is a wonderful location to locate the material you're searching for. Goodluck!

Back