• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New to rom hacking and to this forum!

Hello, Salam, Bonsoir, Guten Tag, Halo, Shalom, Bonguorno, and other such greetings, interwebz people!

I initially found this site because I am very lost with my mission of building a rom hack, but it is also not one that I intend to give up on! I had a question that is yet to be answered, but when I saw this place I decided that it was probably worth way more than getting one question answered! This place seems like a good community and a great resource!

I also hate to take without giving back, so here is a promise that once this site helps me get awesome I will kick back every chance I get in helping people like me, people who suck!

I hope we can all be friends and that I don't step on any toes!

Years
  • Hello TheHeavenlyDemon, you're making a rom hack. You're always welcome to pc. Here you could find many tools and tutorials and you can also find some awesome hacks. I can also recommend you some hacks if you want. Keep working on your rom hack. You can also post your progress and any beta version of your hack for others to play and give you feedback in the progressing hacks.
    Talking about help, I'm always ready to help anyone if I can. If you want something or just wanna chat, you can PM or VM me and we can also be friends.

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay with us!

I'm guessing you've already seen the ROM Hacking section, but I'll link you to it anyway, for posterity. It is indeed a great resource for budding enthusiasts such as yourself to get started! The Beginner's Lounge would be your first port of call. Relax, take your time to absorb all the information - there is a pretty terrifying amount of it, after all - and launch your own project whenever you're ready - we're looking forward to seeing it! Any plans in general for your first one? :3

If you need anything or just want someone to chat to, feel free to drop me a line anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

Years
  • Good to hear. 8] People get sad when new members post a few times then drop off the forum so I'm happy you don't plan to be much like that. Welcome, Demon!

Good luck building your game and may you have lots of fun in the process. It's.. not something I have the time and energy for but putting together your own game after tons of hard work is so rewarding. See you. ^^

I am so thrilled to see so many helpful, well wishing, and generally positive replies so early on in my process of getting acquainted with this forum! To you lovely individuals who commented, I apologize if I seemed like I had ignored your kindness or broken my promise about falling off the face of the forum instantly, but I kept looking at notifications to see if anybody had posted here and only very recently gone in manually and checked to see if there were comments! I kept thinking to myself, "New people are posting after me in that new people area, are they getting replies? Did I already make them not like me? Are they gonna be all cliquish?" I am glad to see I was just being paranoid!

Thank you all for the encouragement, and offers of support! This, as Archy said, is definitely not an easy road. ROM Hacking is confusing, aggravating, and strange, but I have a dream and I am not the type to give up!

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2015
    Welcome buddy! Good to see you didn't vanish into thin air! Hahaha.

I'm a ROM hacker myself and busy with a ROM too! I'll send a request and we can private message about ideas, no matter how dtupid, or just chat (because I do get bored a lot and look for something to do or someone to chat with)

If you need any help just check the forums or, as I said, private message me, I'd love to help!

Back