• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Trailer Discussion

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
Years
  • Filb.de has uploaded a new Black and White trailer. This new trailer shows features we haven't seen yet, a few new Pokemon, and what looks like a replacement of contests (Pokemon Musicals?) and possibly seasons (but I cannot tell for sure). This is going to make the next 50 or so days until the release harder than I thought.

Thoughts?

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • The black woman (not to be racist) screams NYC and I love the little deer :D

No one's saying you're racist.:cheeky:

Did you notice the football player trainer? I think that's basically a confirmation that Isshu was at least inspired by America. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Some translated information if it helps:

New character named Aloe
    TEAM PLASMA! (Finally confirmed! They look medieval-ish oO; )
    C-Gear has at least 2 "themes"
    1:15 Shows Isshu map 14 Towns or other major landmarks (19 small green dots indicating other smaller areas)
    1:25 Shows player being asked if they want to use 2 "Power +" (they have 6 in inventory) to help out the player nearby because they are low on HP.
    2:00 Seems to show a player using High Link to actually enter someone else's game world
    2:15 New pokemon (swan) + Dress Up game
    2:40 New pokemon (deer) + Pokemon Musical (after you dress your pokemon)
    2:50 Feeling Check minigame
    3:10 IR Battle, Deer pokemon is Shikijika (shika means deer)
    3:20 New battle field that moves pokemon (hard to explain, watch video)
    4:20 Online mode lets you grow berries
    4:55 PokeShifter minigame looks entertaining to be honest...
    5:15 Lots of new trainer types show, including a football player and female baker...
    5:22 New pokemon, Minezumi evo: Miruhoggu
    5:26 New "Battle Subway"

~!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I hope we get seasons!!!!!! Not that I think it will actually be a real feature, but real-time weather would be cool, too. :)

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • The Pokeshifter is this gens transfer machine. It lets you send pokemon from the other DS to your Black and White game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...so that appears to be what the shooter function is for? idk.

But omgg <3 The swan Pokemon is amazing. The deer is nice, idc about the ohter.

omg and the areas shown, B/W looks ~amazing~

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • ...so that appears to be what the shooter function is for? idk.

But omgg <3 The swan Pokemon is amazing. The deer is nice, idc about the ohter.

omg and the areas shown, B/W looks ~amazing~

It seems so, it seems as if the pokemon appear in the grass and you shoot pokeballs at them to catch them.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • At the start of the trailer a crown is being placed on someone's head, which causes choas.

Maybe Team Plasma looks midevil because their plan is to crown a king and set the world back into the days of Humans and Pokemon being separate.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • At the start of the trailer a crown is being placed on someone's head, which causes choas.

Maybe Team Plasma looks midevil because their plan is to crown a king and set the world back into the days of Humans and Pokemon being separate.

That's not a bad theory. Somehow that part of the trailer reminded me of the Arceus movie.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Maybe he plays for the Wargles?

...**** no you didn't XP

Well, the trailer was full of win. These people know how to psych the fans over incoming games.

Mark my words, Black and White will be bestsellers of their release years.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    OH MY GOD! The Black woman looks great, I'm so happy they put her in, she's beautiful and represents us in a cultural sense with her hair and clothing.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oooohh... not good, I think the filb.de video was just pruned >_<'

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know, I still have not gotten to watch the trailer... I've just seen her and I happy...

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    Oooohh... not good, I think the filb.de video was just pruned >_<'

I thought I just couldn't see it because I'm using an iPod XD

OH MY GOD! The Black woman looks great, I'm so happy they put her in, she's beautiful and represents us in a cultural sense with her hair and clothing.

Black and White has blacks and whites :O I wonder if you can play as a black character...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    At the start of the trailer a crown is being placed on someone's head, which causes choas.

At the beginning where they are placing the crown, that does look like N and not the "other" guy we were talking about before. So for me I have three scienarios:

1. That IS N and he goes "insane" with power
    2. That is N's father who either is working with N or despises his son
    3. Split personalities

And there are probably a few more I am not thinking of. But I really like the look of this new Team Plasma. Seems like a fresh, original idea for a team.

New pokemon look great, and the new transfer feature sounds interesting. The changing season is something I have wanted for a LONG time and I think it makes the game much more realistic (as far as realistic goes in Pokemon). So I am excited for that. And the Battle Subway sounds cool too (and provides a little more evidence for the NYC, or America = Isshu theory). Perhaps that is the new Battle Tower?

One thing I am disappointed with at this point is the Dream World online feature. It just seems somewhat lame to me.

Back