• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Trailer - Includes: Biking, New Sprites and a Surprise

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I love all the 3D cut-scenes with Lugia and Ho-oh. Nintendo's really taking advantage of the graphics in this game. And it was nice to see the evolved forms of the starters following behind Gold and Soul. The sprites are all very detailed. Can't wait for the game!!!!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Ι saw the pallet town...After we finish Johto,we will be able to travel in kanto?I mean,the game is going to continue with a new adventure there?
    Sure, just like original GSC did. You could go to Kanto too back then. You better play those games before playing the remake ;)
    Woot Woot Woot! 7-8 Months, Oh Yeah!
    Or more like...less than 1 month. Personally I played Green, Crystal and probably FR in Japanese (each one once), and that wasn't that hard. That's also a remake so we won't have problems 90% of the game, especially since there are so many excited people about this game, that i'm sure we'll have at least 5 running walkthroughs right on the release date.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Ι saw the pallet town...After we finish Johto,we will be able to travel in kanto?I mean,the game is going to continue with a new adventure there?

Like said, in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal we also had the chance to travel back to Kanto after we completed our journey in Johto. Kanto was an added region as well as the place holder for both Johto's and Kanto's Pokémon League in the game. However, in the originals Kanto was brought down to a smaller size and didn't come with a main plot or storyline of its own. It was more so the new Kanto after three years since RBGY. Hopefully, Kanto will gain an improvement from the originals as well as give the players a nostalgic feel from what they experienced almost ten to nine years ago.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Like said, in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal we also had the chance to travel back to Kanto after we completed our journey in Johto. Kanto was an added region as well as the place holder for both Johto's and Kanto's Pokémon League in the game. However, in the originals Kanto was brought down to a smaller size and didn't come with a main plot or storyline of its own. Hopefully, this idea will be altered in the remakes, but nevertheless, it is great to know it has at least made a return.
    The whole idea wasn't including a story for it's own just like Sevii didn't have their own "story". That's the sequel of the Johto adventures against Team Rocket. They will expand the story, but it's not like "you played Gold till X, now you'll play Yellow" or w/e.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    The whole idea wasn't including a story for it's own just like Sevii didn't have their own "story". That's the sequel of the Johto adventures against Team Rocket. They will expand the story, but it's not like "you played Gold till X, now you'll play Yellow" or w/e.

Yeah, I should have more so reworded that, but within Kanto for the originals Team Rockets didn't play a part after Johto. This Kanto was three years after Team Rocket made their large hoist in RBGY. Basically it allowed the players to gain a few extra items, such as the Silver Wing to obtain Lugia and battle the other eight gyms within the game. There were no sub plots but to battle and earn your way to the Elite.

However, at least for the remakes Kanto will be more upgraded [hopefully] and have more of a meaning in the game rather than to simply have battles. It doesn't need its own storyline, but something that will still keep players going, such as its own mini quests like what was done in the Sevii Islands itself for FRLG. However, I wouldn't expect a major plot to roll over into Kanto afterwards.

kiv_umar

Musician
    Years
    awesome!!! can't wait for this!
    lol i'm not even alowed to express my excitement with these games coz of a moany fiancé who doesn't like Pokémon anymore lol

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years

Did you ever play Gold and Silver? You can go to Kanto, and the story (if there was a story) continues there with your same party as you face the 8 gym leaders there, you also go in reverse order with Pallet Town being the last town you get to.

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    The new footage is awesome, but I'm more into the new Route 1 music. If it's a similar style to all of Kanto's music, then it will sound much truer to the R/B music than FR/LG.

Kind of ironic, though, since this isn't a direct remix of the R/B music. It's actually a remix of the G/S remix. :P

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I love this new video! Finally they shows 3rd evolutions, now I know what it looks like when I have my own Typhlosion following me :D Pokécenters are even bigger as they have been in other games. Citys are really awesome and I like that they showed Pallet Town. Magnet Train is also nice, I don't even travel with Magnet Train (I have used it twice, I still have to test it in these new games). Only 24 more days and then I play HeartGold!!!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    To add in some new pictures from what was added by GymLeaderLily, here are a little bit extra, including some that wasn't shown in the newest trailer. [Credit to Serebii's site for the source]

New Trailer - Includes: Biking, New Sprites and a Surprise

Here we have the Magnet Train shown in its three dimensional figure.
    I think it is pretty cool how they implemented this idea and brought more out in the Magnet Train, definitely an improvement went right.

An image showing the Magnet Train in motion.
    You should note it looks as though the process is handled as if we were taking a boat instead, like in DPPt.

It was noted that this is the new Vermillian Harbor.
    This is where I mention that not everything has been shown to be the same as FRLG in structure.

Like seen, we have Gold and Typhlosion going through Route 1.
    The music, I hope is kept closer to the original, then it'll be a nice experience once more.

Besides this, I like how things are turning out. A bit of new mixed in with the old is pretty neat to see, and like said the OW sprites for the Pokémon are definitely in detail and seem to be working out just fine for an old but improved feature. I like the idea of animation being brought back for the rival as GLL had said, and I'm looking forward to seeing more. Less than a month people, we're almost there.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years

An image showing the Magnet Train in motion.
    You should note it looks as though the process is handled as if we were taking a boat instead, like in DPPt.
    Nooooooo!!! The trainer isn't visible when riding the train! Ugh....that was my favorite part back in the day, seeing the little head bob up and down while the train went to and fro.

Oh well. I praise nintendo for making the most useful box ever, touch Pokeboxing is the best idea ever(I'm picky about organizing my boxes, and this makes it so much easier).

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    I...Don't have words for this. That trailer, to say the least, was EPIC.

Those 3-D graphics were amazing. I can't wait to see them in the game. Not to mention the TR base looked very, very cool. Nice to know how the Pokemon/Bicycle thing is going to work out too. The girl sprite and the rival sprite also look just fine. The Magnet Train graphics look great, and all the Legendary appearances are excellent. Pallet, too? So that must mean Red will have an appearance...Hm...I wonder what his sprite will look like...AND OH MY DEAR LORDY. Is that EUGINE in the trailer? *Sigh* I need to see them all in the game. Like, now.

joehat

Yay
    Years
    This is starting to look like it could be the best Pokemon game yet. Personal opinion of course. It's been nearly 7-8 years since I last played Silver and I honestly can't wait for these games. They look amazing.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Oh.My.Arceus! This is just too (eff)ing great to express anything about it - and what I was gonna say was already stated by everyone above - but now I know these games will sell far more than Platinum ever achieved.

BTW, that moment when Lugia roars out its cry... just guaranteed that I'll get SoulSiver as soon as I can.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    This is starting to look like it could be the best Pokemon game yet. Personal opinion of course. It's been nearly 7-8 years since I last played Silver and I honestly can't wait for these games. They look amazing.
    "Could be"? I thought many people said GSC themselves were the best Pokemon games (including RSE/DPPt), or, well, that was definitely my opinion.
    But well, everyone got their own opinion lol.

Guy above me - god dammit can I adopt the phrase of using "Arceus" instead of "god"? O_O

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    You mean that when i finish my journey in johto,i will get the kanto staretrs and continue with a new adventure?New troubles with team rocket?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    You mean that when i finish my journey in johto,i will get the kanto staretrs and continue with a new adventure?New troubles with team rocket?
    No. You'll travel to Kanto 3 years after FRLG, where everything got "stronger", trying to permanently destroying Team Rocket with the same Pokemons, and win Kanto badges with Gold/Soul. After collecting all the badges you'll get to face Red (FRLG's hero), with Pokemons about 75+.
    God, just play GSC. Would be even better to play Liquid Crystal if you don't care for Day/night and Pokegear. You'll get to play the best Pokemon games so far (which in a month will be the 2nd best, cause their remakes will come out), and get the whole point of Kanto.

Oh right - and you didn't get the 1st gen starters in GSC. Though it probably was because by the 5th gym badge in Johto you could trade with RBY. They might give them to us now, cause HGSS are made to avoid the requirement of 3rd gen games/GBA slot.
    You could go back and forth as much as you want between Kanto and Johto, keeping all your Pokemon. The ways:
    - Some guy in the league building - usable until you beat the E4 for the first time.
    - Boat between Olivine/Vermillion. Unlock able by beating E4 and talking to Elm.
    - Train - unlock able by a pretty long, annoying quest right when you come to Kanto.
    - Walking to Mt. Silver in Kanto, then actually being in Johto - unlockable when you get to Mt. Silver...

Last edited:
    Back