• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I'm the same tho it doesn't mean that I don't like seeing more UBs. I mean, adding more UBs is only logical when you need to introduce a new alien species of Pok?mon. It will definitely make the story more interesting and valuable. I am interested too to see more of the Alolan form, it would be great if there are new cool or cute form. But like Alexander18 said, it is highly unlikely that they will add new Alolan form. Still, we have time to speculate and hope for the things we want GameFreak to add in USUM. I really can't wait for November 17 to come!

I didn't say there wasn't going to be new alolan forms. I said that we are likely only get new ultra beasts and not new pokemon outside ultra space.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    I didn't say there wasn't going to be new alolan forms. I said that we are likely only get new ultra beasts and not new pokemon outside ultra space.

Yes, that's actually what I'm trying to say that it is highly unlikely that they will add new alolan form and instead focus with UBs.

Edit:

Sorry for making a complicated statement. All I'm just trying to say is that, I'm agreeing with you
    when you said that only new Pok?mon will be ultra beasts.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yes, that's actually what I'm trying to say that it is highly unlikely that they will add new alolan form and instead focus with UBs.
    No. New alolan forms and new pokemon are different. Alola forms are alternate forms of previous pokemon. New pokemon are entirely new pokemon. New ultra beasts and alola forms are both likely.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    No. New alolan forms and new pokemon are different. Alola forms are alternate forms of previous pokemon. New pokemon are entirely new pokemon. New ultra beasts and alola forms are both likely.

Oh! My bad... my apologies for the misunderstanding. I was considering the new forms as new Pok?mon. I stand corrected on this matter. However, I still think that adding new form is close to impossible.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Guessing an Ultra Beast's typing is like trying to guess the name of a pokemon not reveled. Near impossible. What we have seen from them so far, they are almost completely random. Although the UB 02s were easy to guess because they looked like bugs.

Since they show no similarities, I don't think they will be the same type like the UB02's were. But going purely on what we see and what they do, I am going to say this:

Assembly = Steel/Ghost or Ghost/Dragon
    Burst = Fairy/Psychic or Ghost/Fairy or Ghost/Psychic.

Although they will probably opposite of that.

Also remember we thought adding new pokemon period was impossible. Form's aren't as impossible. We have new pokemon in the PokeDex that weren't originally there and we are in an alternate universe, so I am almost 100% sure we will have a few new Alolan forms. Especially when that was a huge feature of SM. And as I said before, having Alolan Johto or Sinnoh pokemon is great timing right now. With Johto being the go to pokemon in Pokemon Go atm and Sinnoh having remakes in 2 or 3 years. I personally believe it will be 2019 for remakes now. Not to mention both Johto are SInnoh are closely related in many points.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    We not getting Sinnoh remakes in 2019. We getting gen 8 with the new region first before any remakes. That is if we get remakes.

Anyway, i want a new Dragon type ultra beast. Guzzlord was good but i had trouble using it in my game due to low defenses and speed. So i am hoping for a new dragon type.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    We not getting Sinnoh remakes in 2019. We getting gen 8 with the new region first before any remakes. That is if we get remakes.

Anyway, i want a new Dragon type ultra beast. Guzzlord was good but i had trouble using it in my game due to low defenses and speed. So i am hoping for a new dragon type.

We could get them in 2019, if gen 8 comes out next year. it is possible considering they've announced it so early.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    We could get them in 2019, if gen 8 comes out next year. it is possible considering they've announced it so early.
    Perhaps but we usually have a break before the next gen. GF was not specific on the exact date of the Switch pokemon game being released.

I think if there is another new ultra beast to be announced, it would be available for both versions.

Years

Ah yes, Guzzlord's other stats were so bad due to a huge HP stat. Pretty much like Chansey, Blissey, Alomomola and Wobbuffet are. We had two Steel-type UBs and two Bug/Fighting UBs, so we may have another new one that shared a type.

Phyrrhic

It's not very effective...
    Years
    Ah yes, Guzzlord's other stats were so bad due to a huge HP stat. Pretty much like Chansey, Blissey, Alomomola and Wobbuffet are. We had two Steel-type UBs and two Bug/Fighting UBs, so we may have another new one that shared a type.

Which one do you think would be a dragon type? I would be satisfied if the lollipop was a psychic, and the Jenga one was steel.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Perhaps but we usually have a break before the next gen. GF was not specific on the exact date of the Switch pokemon game being released.

I think if there is another new ultra beast to be announced, it would be available for both versions.

True. One exception being Gen IV -> V which had BW come a year after HgSS. And DP were originally slated for 2005 in Japan instead of having the one year gap with FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald (which in Japan all came out in 2004).

Back