• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] [NEW UPDATE: 40+ NEW POKEMON]: Pokémon Infinite Fusion

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    "and anyways, you can just get moves from the move tutor" => that's bad design in its finest.

You don't take away something and just say but who cares, just go to the move tutor. Also, the costs of the move tutor is quite high when you begin to play. And one of the big selling point of pokémon fusion is to fusion pkms like you want them to be, freely. That's not fun to always be thinking "oh snap, I wanted to fuse those two but none of them learn good physical/special moves so it's basically a half fusion :/"

Ok sure, mechanically, it's annoying. But look at it theme-wise; If you take one pokemon's head (and presumably brain) and another's body, which pokemon's move do you think it should learn? Thinking theme-wise, it might make more sense for the body pokemon to contribute NO moves to the end result. And as for the move tutor; I think of it as him unlocking unknown potential that your pokemon wouldn't realize otherwise. And if that's not what he's for, why is he in the main games?

PS. I personally don't fuse some pokemon that would be great together, just because they look ugly.... Just Me being picky i guess

Schrroms

Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev
    Years
    Ok sure, mechanically, it's annoying. But look at it theme-wise; If you take one pokemon's head (and presumably brain) and another's body, which pokemon's move do you think it should learn? Thinking theme-wise, it might make more sense for the body pokemon to contribute NO moves to the end result. And as for the move tutor; I think of it as him unlocking unknown potential that your pokemon wouldn't realize otherwise. And if that's not what he's for, why is he in the main games?

PS. I personally don't fuse some pokemon that would be great together, just because they look ugly.... Just Me being picky i guess

Yeah, that was the idea. It makes sense thematically, and I was personally quite fond of it but some people were bummed out that their Pokemon couldn't learn some moves that they thought they would and I can understand why.

In the end I thought it would be better not to limit gameplay for the sake of 'realism' (if we can call it that). Besides, which Pokemon is the body/head already has an impact on stats distribution and typing so opposite fusions already are fairly different.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Except a fusion by definition is 1+1 = 1 and not 1+1 = 2.

So when you fuse 2 pokémon, they become one = they share everything. Their life, their mind etc.

Also I faced a new "bug" : if a pokémon use light screen, each time you use a special attack you'll get a pop up window saying that there was an error, an exception or whatnot. It does not make the game to close or whatever, it just pops everytime you use a special move.

I guess it's an issue with the script maybe not knowing how to deal with the effect of the ability ?

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    so im working on my own fan game right now to , i really love infinite fusion but i could use a little help on eventing , i want to make an event just like yours at the first badge when you are trying to leave the town someone blocks you saying you need to get the badge to proceed , can you help me with that event as i need to do the same

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2022
    what level up moveset are you using? I trained up my charmeleon to level 17 but it didn't learn dragon rage sadly

Schrroms

Years
    so im working on my own fan game right now to , i really love infinite fusion but i could use a little help on eventing , i want to make an event just like yours at the first badge when you are trying to leave the town someone blocks you saying you need to get the badge to proceed , can you help me with that event as i need to do the same
    It's just a bunch of events that activate when the player walks on it, nothing fancy. Like so:
    [NEW UPDATE: 40+ NEW POKEMON]: Pokémon Infinite Fusion

And here's the content of these events. My version of RPG Maker is in french, but I'm sure you get the idea:

The second page is just an empty page that activates when the first badge switch is set to true.

what level up moveset are you using? I trained up my charmeleon to level 17 but it didn't learn dragon rage sadly
    Weird, my charmeleon learned dragon rage.

I'm using the gen 5 movesets, but I modified Charmeleon's learnset slightly as of version 1.7 and upwards because it was way too OP of a move to learn it so early on.
    It still learns it, but around level 30 instead of 16 if I remember correctly.

Schrroms

Years
    Exciting news: Demo 2.0 will finally be released next Friday! (March 11th)
    Almost a full year after the first demo was released! It will go up to Fuchsia City and will have tons of new stuff! I can't wait to have you guys try it out!

Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
    Exciting news: Demo 2.0 will finally be released next Friday! (March 11th)
    Almost a full year after the first demo was released! It will go up to Fuchsia City and will have tons of new stuff! I can't wait to have you guys try it out!

Look amazing. I kept checking in for this. Will we be able to continue off of our old saves from the previous demo? Also with Fuchisa City available that means we'll be seeing the safari zone? That place will be a mess of crazy combinations of pokemon.

Schrroms

Years
    Look amazing. I kept checking in for this. Will we be able to continue off of our old saves from the previous demo? Also with Fuchisa City available that means we'll be seeing the safari zone? That place will be a mess of crazy combinations of pokemon.

Yes you should normally be able to continue where you left off. Just make sure that you weren't in a map that got deleted or modified (there are a few of them, I'll put instructions with the download)

Yes the Safari zone is in and yes it's a crazy mess of combinations! I can't remember exactly but I calculated some time ago that there were something like over 150 different Pokemon in a single area!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    My game got REALLY laggy just after i got to celadon. Is anyone else having this problem?

-correction: My game gets really laggy at night in celadon

I'm at the celadon sewers. I attempted to get through, but blacked out. the sewers were flooded at the time, and now i can't get back in. Help?

Last edited by a moderator:

Schrroms

Years
    I'm at the celadon sewers. I attempted to get through, but blacked out. the sewers were flooded at the time, and now i can't get back in. Help?

Ohh crap. Unfortunately I don't really have a solution for you at the moment. :/
    This will be fixed in the official release. I'll add another entrance to the sewers that can be accessed when the water's up.
    Thanks for letting me know.

I'll try to do something about the lag as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    ok so although having all 721 pokemon (plus what ever sun and moon add) would result in 519841 possible combos (plus am i right in saying that there are sprites for pure fusions (bulbasaur bulbasaur fusion?)

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2021
    Yes you should normally be able to continue where you left off. Just make sure that you weren't in a map that got deleted or modified (there are a few of them, I'll put instructions with the download)

Yes the Safari zone is in and yes it's a crazy mess of combinations! I can't remember exactly but I calculated some time ago that there were something like over 150 different Pokemon in a single area!

I have to restart because I got a new computer:(
    Also,are you planning on making all 721 Pokemon fusable in the next update?

Schrroms

Years
    I have to restart because I got a new computer:(
    Also,are you planning on making all 721 Pokemon fusable in the next update?

Well I added lots of stuff pre-rock tunnel too so it will still be a different experience!

Nah, it's still limited to gen 1 Pokemon. More generations probably won't happen unless Alexonsager updates his fusion sprite generator or someone comes up with a new one.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    as of 2.0.6, route 3 has NO creatures.
    Please fix this before 3.0 comes out. thanks.
    Route 3 is the only place where jigglypuff can spawn, and i want a jigglyfree (cuz that fusion is terrifying).

Schrroms

Years
    Hey Schrods? Did you get my message in your PM yet?
    Uh yeah... No offense, but your imgur album kinda weirded me out. I don't really know what to say lol.
    I might give the Hitmonchan-paras fusion to some trainer, but I won't be adding it as a character :/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2020
    Uh yeah... No offense, but your imgur album really weirded me out. I don't really know what to say lol.
    I might give the Hitmonchan-paras fusion to some trainer, but I won't be adding it as a character :/

Yeah... Sorry about that? :3c I didn't want to link the post here since.... A few images may not be sfw? :( I should've ask next time?

Back