• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Pokèmon has always been something that tended to gracefully drift past me. I was confused by how one minute a fan of Pokèmon would be clinging onto one of the games, and the next minute, dumping that game completely only to cling onto the next. I don't really like games that do this, so I tend to wait until three or four more games in the series have been released so when I do get a new Pokèmon game, it's a Pokèmon game that is worth having, rather than having just for the sake of having it. Although Pokèmon is not my favourite franchise, it's a franchise which is generally enjoyable to me. I don't take it too far. Either way, I'm just glad to be here, and hope to meet many other admirers of the Pokèmon franchise, as well as maybe have a little battle with some of you.

Last edited:

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Hey Columbo!

Speaking as a Pokemon Fan I wouldn't say we cling to one game until the new one is released, at which point the old one becomes irrelevant and forgotten. It can seem like that at times but I believe it's just because of a hype the new one generates. I for one always go back to older games :) And not just in Pokemon but everywhere! :)

Nonetheless you are entitled to your own opinion and I do hope you'll use it around the forums, it'd be great to see you becoming an active member! If you ever wanna chat feel free to VM me at any time at all, unfortunately I'm not big into battling competitively (cause I get my ass wooped) but there are an awful lot of people who I imagine do enjoy battling! :)

Years
  • I'm always happy to see fellow Pokefans here. Welcome to PC, Columbo!

I know how your situation feels, I usually have to wait months to get a new Pokemon game when it comes out due to limitations my family faces and the fact I have a pensioner for a mother. But still, I always tend to follow all the news relating to the new game to get me even more prepared for when I do play it. Anyways, glad to see you joined btw. We are a very diverse community, and it's not just Pokemon either!

I sure do hope you can stick around as an active member at PC, don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help, or just leave me a VM if you ever need someone to chat with. Enjoy your stay here and I'll be seeing you around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
  • I definitely understand where you're coming from. ;( Pokemon is a great franchise but there are more games per generation that I'd like, honestly. Would be cool if they just made two full games per generation rather than creating a sequel/third version down the line. But either way, it's great that we have so many to try out and play! Gives people a lot of cool choices.

We're glad to have you around as well, Columbo, and welcome. All sorts of fans join us here so you don't have to be extremely into Pokemon to fit in - there's something for everyone. :D Definitely ask away if you need any help or want someone to chat with; friends and acquaintances will make your stay that much more enjoyable. See you around, yes?

Back