• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(newPokemon)RUKARIO--pic revealed!

Castrainer

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    The first time I saw it shadowed at SPP, I THOUGHT Serebii had a Digimon News x_X;;
    Really... It's a Renamon + Blaziken + Manectric + Anubis Thingy~ =P

*cough*
    Impressive Mr. Shuckle! *claps claps*
    Make a Card of Rukario~ =P

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
  • Wow. Rukario looks.... freakish.... but I kind of like it. The movie picture with Ash & Co. reminds me of the Johto episode of Pokemon entitled: "Air Time" when DJ Mary, Team Rocket, Ash, Misty, and Brock had to read the voices for the radio show that took place in medieval times (or at least the begining did...)

I hope I get to see this movie.

100marios

Reigning Dork Champion of PC
    Years
  • jynx said:
    I think it might be psychic...since all the pokemon movies (apart from Entei) have Psychic main characters :P

Anyway, nothing is impossible! Look at this!! @@|||
    (newPokemon)RUKARIO--pic revealed!
    *Jams his face into his computer screen in dumbfoundment*
    Those clothes...
    That hat...
    That staff-like thing Ash holds...

This can only be the work of one idea...

They decided to make a Pokemon Lord of the Rings! Muahahaha!
    ...Hey, it doesn't hurt to dream, hehe.
    I think the movie looks neat! Although Brock looks like he joined Robin Hood's Merry Men or something with that get-up, hehe.

Anyways, as for Rukario, I kind of imagined it would look that way. With each new generation of Pokemon coming out, the designs and color choices for each of them have become a bit more eccentric, (And even if they were created all at once, GameFreak might have released each set in the order of which they thought them up... but that's just one possible speculation) or so it seems to me. If someone unfamiliar with Pokemon was asked the question between a Pikachu and a Rukario which came first, chances are they probably will choose Pikachu (I Choose you, Pikachu! Get it? Heh, It's the name of the first episode!.... right, moving on, hehe). I probably will get used to it eventually... especially when the movie comes out. One reason why I enjoy watching the anime so much is because it shows each Pokemon's personality, and since each new Pokemon is revealed beforehand, I'm always curious how they act.

Anyways, you get the picture!
    (Picture, haha! Get it? This thread is about the picture of Rukario, and.... and, I better quit while I'm ahead, hehe.)

Years
  • It doesn't matter if it looks like a Digimon as long as it looks good. And after looking at the pictures, I can only say that it does look good. I like him! I'm thinking maybe he'll be like Lugia and have obvious water powers while being a Dark/Fighting type.

As for the Blaziken thing, I thought majority of people liked him from the moment they saw him... I didn't think he was rejected, so much as he was swarmed by people grabbing at him saying they wanted one... But what would I know... :D

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Castrainer said:
    The first time I saw it shadowed at SPP, I THOUGHT Serebii had a Digimon News x_X;;
    Really... It's a Renamon + Blaziken + Manectric + Anubis Thingy~ =P

*cough*
    Impressive Mr. Shuckle! *claps claps*
    Make a Card of Rukario~ =P
    Me too!!

Some people told me that it even looks like a Digimon called Wolfmon @@|||

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Rukario has compleatly tricked me... it wasn't what I expected X(
    But Ash in wierd clothes holding the shining rod... now thats really really wierd XD

Thanks for making this thread. Now I don't regret not buying CoroCoro

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
  • Err... what the heck does everybody find so similar between Rukario and Mawile? o_O;;; I see no similarity whatsoever...

Anyway, I don't like that poster picture, but I do like the shadowed pictures in the trailer. :3 Go Anubis...

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • It IS wearing trousers! This is getting weirder and weirder :P What on earth are Nintendo thinking! XD It's still Anubis though, even if it's cartoony/Digimon/wearing pants *^5's Deoxys55* ^_^

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • Dragonfree said:
    Err... what the heck does everybody find so similar between Rukario and Mawile? o_O;;; I see no similarity whatsoever...

I think it was when we only saw the Shadow Picture. It looked like a Mawile type Pokemon because we assumed it had a 2nd head like Mawile kinda has. But now that we've seen a full picture, we can tell that it's nothing alike. :P

Years
  • I've watched the Japanse preview to Pok?mon 8 before, but I must say, the new one...*struggles to control spazzing* looks friggin awesome!!!!! I disagree, Rukario looks a lot less like a Digimon that a lot of others, mainly Hoenn Pok?s, and really, although the 'pants' looks odd, really he looks to me to be very original and well-thought out. Not to mention the fact that the odd clothes for the characters are obviously for some sort of castle festival because they're in normal clothes for the rest of the movie, but the medieval war between the forces of armored Pok?mon looks awseome. And seeing Ho-oh turn into Mew has left me not sure of anything to expect. o.o;

Plus he TALKS!!!! It's about time we had another talking uber!

Although...the Japanse previews are always way different...for Destiny Deoxys, the preview had Deoxys coming out of flames in the beginning and Pikachu fell off the battle tower. =P

~Chibi~

Last edited:
    Back