• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Seems fake to me. In the leadup to B/W the screenshot on the left was released and it looks exactly the same, plus the sprites... just nothing looks different, and considering how Black Kyurem and White Kyurem look, I dunno, I expect it to be different. :x

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Emailed Serebii and he said..

"It's perfectly legit. However, as it notes in the bottom left, the images are from Black & White, not Black 2 & White 2. The boxes are just speculatory stating things like "What is trhe setting?" "Who will be the gym leaders?" "Will there be new Pokémon?" "Are Black Kyurem & White Kyurem related to Reshiram & Zekrom's overdrive?"

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, if anything it would be a battle between Black/White Kyurem, it just looks the same as BW plus the earliest we're expected to see something announced by a reliable news source is 8th April.

Edit: nvm.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Apparently the scan says there WILL be some sort of new gym leaders. 'きっといる'

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
According to Serebii Pokemon Smash is to have a massive covering of B2W2 with footage possibly included on April 15,

so that means we can expect some more news rushes from now on ^-^

blue

gucci
Years
According to Serebii Pokemon Smash is to have a massive covering of B2W2 with footage possibly included on April 15,

so that means we can expect some more news rushes from now on ^-^

Regardless we'll see something within the next two weeks whether it be from Smash or CoroCoro, they are the two main news sources for these games currently.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Given that the games are coming out in Japan in less than four months, I'm guessing this week's episode of Pokémon Smash will reveal a few minor details about the games and possibly feature some gameplay or a trailer (kind of similar to Gold walking in New Bark Town with Chikorita when HeartGold and SoulSilver were first revealed). The week after that will contain tons of information, naturally.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I think this week it make just be a new form of a pokemon. Next week makes it sound like we will get some new characters introduced along with a few screen shots and a brief background of what is happening. At least is what I am hoping for.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Spoiler:

Indeed it does sound like we'll be getting a lot of new things. I'm really excited to see the characters/gym leaders, granted they're not the same.
Time to patiently await all the goodies that will be shown on Poketu Monsuta Smashu!

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I hope the April 8th episode of Smash isn't going to troll us! I know that most of the info will be on the April 15th Smash, but they claim to have B2/W2 information on the April 8th episode too... but what will they reveal? They didn't show anything in the preview, but the website does mention there will be B2/W2 information in the episode.

It would be GREAT if we got a screenshot or something. I can't really imagine them just talking about the game and not showing us anything.. all I want is one screenshot! That will help me last until April 15th.

So what we have to look forward to:
-April 8th Smash
-Coro Coro leak somewhere between the two episodes
-April 15th Smash

So were those scans shown earlier fake or real? and if they were real what did they say?

They are real. They say:

"What is the setting?"
"There will surely be new gym leaders?"
"What will happen to the starters?"
"Are Black Kyurem & White Kyurem related to Reshiram & Zekrom's overdrive?"

Although the images on it are from BW not B2 and W2.

Last edited:

Years
Reshiram and Zekrom's overdrive? I'm guessing it means their signature abilities...Turboblaze and Teravolt...if not than what?

Yes a screenshot is much needed especially seeing how by April 15 we will be 1 1/2 months away from June.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
So what does everyone expect to be revealed on the upcoming episode of Smash? We all know the 15th episode is going to be the one with footage of the game and tons of information.. but since they are giving news on this coming episode of Smash (April 8th) so I've just been wondering what it could be that they will show us?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Probably information about Reshiram and Zekrom, aka how that storyline will develop, which... Sounds boring compared to other things they could do but it seems kinda obvious..

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Coro Coro is being released on the 14th this time, so we should get leaks earlier than usual hopefully. I assume last months didn't leak very fast because of the fact there was hardly information, so Im assuming we'll get scans this time as early as the 10th considering there should be a decent amount of coverage of the game.

Years
Two days until some news, I too hope there's a screenshot of the game, maybe a picture of new characters like they did with Ghetsis and N during the BW reveal.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Coro Coro might also leak this weekend or early next week. It is supposed to be released on 14th april so it might come a bit early

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I'm very excited about the footage from Pokémon Smash, I wonder if it'll be much different from how Black/White looks, if so I'll be kind of disappointed. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back