• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
When is today's Pokemon Smash episode starting, and is anyone streaming it? (I heard Gian was on YT, but can someone confirm, please?)

here is the link to his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/giancarloparimango11?ob=4&feature=results_main

he should be today, and it starts at about 8:00 am in Japan and its a 13 hour time difference (just about) in the United States.

but anyway, I think the most we get out of this weeks episode pertaining to BW2 is maybe a re-confirmation of the Types of Kyurem, since they seem to re-confirm stuff a lot.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Though, remember that rumored finding about Place holder for Kyurem? Keldeo wasn't listed in that list. It may have been because they weren't interested in Keldeo, but if it had place holder data, that would have come up in the first finding.

(Going off the assumption that it wasn't declared false info my other sites)

Only Kyurem supposedly had a Place holder in the code, so we got Kyurem's new forms already. If another Pokemon was to get a new form, as I just asked, why wasn't that posted with the rumored finding?

I don't know if someone posted it before, but I noticed something wrong about that placeholder finding. They said that when something other than sprite changes - typing, stats, abilities, the second column of their list has some value other than zero. Arceus' and Meloetta's typing and Meloetta's stats change between forms but in second column of their list, there is zero value for Arceus and Meloetta. I think it's their mistake or maybe they just wrote zero because their finding is incomplete. If it's incomplete, maybe it means Keldeo also might have some placeholder for new form.

J_BiGGiE

Hacker in Training
Years
Here's a thought. Did they say that the new Pokemon would be an in-game pokemon? Could it be possible that they unveil a 6th Gen Pokemon that is not directly related to BW2?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Though, remember that rumored finding about Place holder for Kyurem? Keldeo wasn't listed in that list. It may have been because they weren't interested in Keldeo, but if it had place holder data, that would have come up in the first finding.

(Going off the assumption that it wasn't declared false info my other sites)

Only Kyurem supposedly had a Place holder in the code, so we got Kyurem's new forms already. If another Pokemon was to get a new form, as I just asked, why wasn't that posted with the rumored finding?
I remember, and if they don't make a out of no where other forme for Keldeo than it most likely is Meloetta's step forme.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
So they digitally remastered the first episode which they are airing now... was that the announcement?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't know if someone posted it before, but I noticed something wrong about that placeholder finding. They said that when something other than sprite changes - typing, stats, abilities, the second column of their list has some value other than zero. Arceus' and Meloetta's typing and Meloetta's stats change between forms but in second column of their list, there is zero value for Arceus and Meloetta. I think it's their mistake or maybe they just wrote zero because their finding is incomplete. If it's incomplete, maybe it means Keldeo also might have some placeholder for new form.

Here no, but the thing was supposedly proven to be false by Serebii and his Rom hackers who could not find the data spoken of at all. That's why I said assuming that finding WAS true, which is a way it sorta was, even though it wasn't.

But ya that was another issue that they did not point out. And Arceus's shouldn't have been incomplete as he was from a previous Generation. The info should have been set.

Has anyone seen any of the news for today? I've been searching but found nothing as of yet.

Years
^ No, I'm the same...where is the news...was all of this an April fools joke (it's april 1st in Japan already)?
Is that so? Well that reignites my hopes for a new Keldeo forme ^_^

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Smash is still airing. So far they are still celebrating the anniversary, but I'm sure the announcement will come at the end like they always do. I'm mainly watching for the preview of next weeks episode since thats when they are revealing B2/W2 info.

They just showed a mini video of Kyurem in the preview for the next episode and it looked like it was from a video game although it was in 3D.. really can't tell if that was from B2/W2.. I'm not sure what else it could have been from? It looked sick!

EDIT: Nevermind, it was from the arcade game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
It was from the arcade game.

They didn't advertise anything B2/W2 related for the next episode.. just the arcade game, and some Battrio stuff. That's odd because the description for the next episode says they are revealing lots of B2/W2 information and I can't imagine them not advertising it? Odd.

blue

gucci
Years
Might be getting information even sooner:

This was from Famitsu magazine.

"Big Scoop!
Mysterious Pokemon will be introduced in the next issue
Is it related to a Pokemon from Unova?
Only time will tell. Please read our next issue to find out!"

This will be released Wednesday, April 4th 2012.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
"Rest assured though, Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 information is guaranteed for their episode next week." - Serebii

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Years
Might be getting information even sooner:

This was from Famitsu magazine.

"Big Scoop!
Mysterious Pokemon will be introduced in the next issue
Is it related to a Pokemon from Unova?
Only time will tell. Please read our next issue to find out!"

This will be released Wednesday, April 4th 2012.
That hint is two sided, for one it could be a new pokemon, or a pokemon new to Unova/ another forme, or maybe even an evolution to a Unova Pokemon...
So fifteen days until the next issue comes out right? I hope it has scans...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
"Rest assured though, Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 information is guaranteed for their episode next week." - Serebii

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Watch we get no Info during the next episode just for their own giggles -w-

I know they didn't say that there would be something this week...Well something posted said that there'd be something but I guess that was a misinterpretation...anyway...ya...trolls...

SoratheEliteOne

Overlord of Blowing S*** Up
Years

That hint is two sided, for one it could be a new pokemon, or a pokemon new to Unova/ another forme, or maybe even an evolution to a Unova Pokemon...
So fifteen days until the next issue comes out right? I hope it has scans...

There's another possibility here as well, has Nintendo officially recognized Genesect yet? The new Pokemon could just be them revealing it.

blue

gucci
Years
The TV Game magazine in Japan has revealed that the episode of Pokémon Smash due to air on April 15th is said to contain a lot of Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 information. This episode is set to air just after the release of CoroCoro so will likely house the same information. However, this teaser also indicates that the cast members of Pokémon Smash will be able to experience the game indicating that footage will be present within the episode. This will follow on from the episode on April 8th which the official site claims will have some Black 2 & White 2 information. We'll bring all the information as and when it comes so be sure to keep checking back..

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I'm sure we all expected Smash to reveal news that day because of Coro Coro, but its good to know they will have actual footage of the game!

I'm hoping on the April 8th episode that we will at the very least get a screenshot. Just ONE is all Im asking for!!

Found this on another forum:
http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2821045.jpg

Is this real, or is that an April Fools joke? It actually looks REALLY legit to me, it may be our first news and screenshots of the game?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back