• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I'm just suspicious about the whole thing now.

Usually main games are revealed in April-May, and then released in September so they have about 6 months of build where they release information, even third versions. However, this game was revealed about 4 months before release and we only have 2 months left until its released and we have NO info on the actual game. Do they plan on fitting 6 months on information into the next 2 months or something? Very suspicious IMO.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder if there really will be any real (significant) news next week...oh well only time will tell...Pokesmash and Gf trolled us yet again...or maybe it was us fooling ourselves to get our own hopes us...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Seriously? Ugh. I'd say CoroCoro will leak in three days imo so we won't need to wait as long...?

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I know that Coro Coro is going into detail about Kyurem and its formes, so I do hope they leave a significant amount for gameplay too.

Just a few screenshots, plus region confirmation will make me happy!

Next week on Smash at least we will be seeing the game in action. Black/White Kyurem battle, a promotional video (probably the trailer), and Masuda giving a playthrough of the game showing us.

Preview for the next episode of Smash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrLAfXPckWw

That '?' needs to move out of the way :-P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What I'm most excited about is the playthrough of the game. That's when we'll be able to spot the differences etc first up, and all the assumptions we can make! :3 Don't care at all about the Kyurem battle in comparison. XD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Usually main games are revealed in April-May, and then released in September so they have about 6 months of build where they release information, even third versions. However, this game was revealed about 4 months before release and we only have 2 months left until its released and we have NO info on the actual game. Do they plan on fitting 6 months on information into the next 2 months or something? Very suspicious IMO.

Sadly there may be no news to give. This could very well be the "Third" Game with only a slightly changed Storyline. That could be why there is a lack of news. Absolutely nothing new and they don't want to kill the product before its released.

I wonder if there really will be any real (significant) news next week...oh well only time will tell...Pokesmash and Gf trolled us yet again...or maybe it was us fooling ourselves to get our own hopes us...

I can say I was not trolled this week~ I did not expect any relative information, as seen earlier in this thread. There was no hype about this week's Smash anywhere so I did not expect any information.

Are they forgetting the game is being released in less than three months?

See above. There may be no information to give.

Ya I'm a pretty negative guy that can really only see the bad side of things. As I've been saying, Worse case scenario. B2W2 are "Gray" and GF just doesn't want to release any info. Coro Coro wise, I'm not expecting more than a small rehash of Black Kyurem/White Kyurem Art work, Box Art work, and small blurbs about hints to what to expect in the game. I'm not expecting any solid evidence to the game.

We'll get the Kyurems' battle footage on Next Week's Smash....but again...that may be all we get again. Keep expectations low so I can be surprised later.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Sadly there may be no news to give. This could very well be the "Third" Game with only a slightly changed Storyline. That could be why there is a lack of news. Absolutely nothing new and they don't want to kill the product before its released.

Sadly this is what I'm thinking now too. If the game was a sequel with a completely brand new story, I don't understand why they wouldn't cover it for the 6 months that they usually do? Leaving it to 2 months before release is just giving me a bad vibe, honestly.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013

Nobunaga's Ambition/Conquest and B2/W2 might be beginning of new style in promoting new games. Everything is sped up. Release time is sped up (June instead of September), release time outside Japan is sped up, so maybe they refuse so long to give info because info time will be also sped up. I think when they will start revealing info there will be so much in so short time, just like they revealed so much at B2/W2 announcement - new forms, game titles and logos, release month, movie poster and shortly after release date outside Japan.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Nobunaga's Ambition/Conquest and B2/W2 might be beginning of new style in promoting new games. Everything is sped up. Release time is sped up (June instead of September), release time outside Japan is sped up, so maybe they refuse so long to give info because info time will be also sped up. I think when they will start revealing info there will be so much in so short time, just like they revealed so much at B2/W2 announcement - new forms, game titles and logos, release month, movie poster and shortly after release date outside Japan.

Gamefreak did Pokemon Conquest right? If so, then you could very well be right and its a new way Gamefreak/Nintendo plan to market games.

I guess they have two Coro Coro issues, possibly three if the game is released in late June, to reveal information. Plus then we have Smash which will be on every week so I guess its not that bad.

I just can't wait for Coro Coro to leak! Really hope we will finally see screenshots of the game. That will get me hyped up for the next Smash episode where we'll be seeing videos of it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmm yeah, I like that positive attitude. Funny thing, with B/W there wasn't really much information from July - September really, well, nothing major. They could just be kinda getting us up to date with B/W I guess, idk.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Gamefreak did Pokemon Conquest right? If so, then you could very well be right and its a new way Gamefreak/Nintendo plan to market games.

I guess they have two Coro Coro issues, possibly three if the game is released in late June, to reveal information. Plus then we have Smash which will be on every week so I guess its not that bad.

I just can't wait for Coro Coro to leak! Really hope we will finally see screenshots of the game. That will get me hyped up for the next Smash episode where we'll be seeing videos of it.

No, GF didn't do Conquest, but that doesn't really matter because Conquest's release outside Japan is one of the quickest of all Pokemon games and B2/W2 will probably be quick as well, so this could be a sign that Nintendo changed marketing strategy to release more info in shorter time.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

No, GF didn't do Conquest, but that doesn't really matter because Conquest's release outside Japan is one of the quickest of all Pokemon games and B2/W2 will probably be quick as well, so this could be a sign that Nintendo changed marketing strategy to release more info in shorter time.

They also fired the guy that was originally leaking all the early information. Remember the Starter Evos? They were released 2 weeks early due to an inside leak. They guy that did that was also leaking all the other information that we kept getting for B/W and previous generations before. GF/Nintendo (Don't remember which of the companies he worked for) caught, fined, and fired him.

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I don't know about you guys, but all I want is one screenshot and then I'm good to go until the games come out in North America. This wait is killing me! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back