• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm thinking it's rival. And his red coat reminds me of Dawn's...maybe it is a girl who looks boyish, I mean Hilda was a Tomboy, so why not a boyish looking girl?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Guy on serebii is flat out saying the person on the right is a girl do to being similar in looks to Hilda. I told him that the one on the right must be a girl too since it looks like dawn after being zapped by pachirisu. I'm not going to say what gender they are until we get better non blurry pics.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I'm thinking it's rival. And his red coat reminds me of Dawn's...maybe it is a girl who looks boyish, I mean Hilda was a Tomboy, so why not a boyish looking girl?
    Magmaruby and Aquasapphire is right, besides, every girl I can think of in the Pokemon games have been tomboys

The next leak is due to be out Tomorrow correct? I hope it shows the Protagonists in it, if not, then we will definitely see it on Saturday (outside of Japan)

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Speaking of better, non-blurry pictures, filb.de has something from the show Oha Suta.
    This is probably the best image we've gotten so far.

Spoiler:

I seriously think that's the male protagonist and a male rival. Neither looks like a female.
    I mean, the one in the blue has a girly face... but definitely lacks a female figure.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    That's the confusing thing. The one with the hat kind of looks like a male, but the female figure makes me think its a female.

By the way, filb.de also added the new Movie 15 trailer which shows Kyurem going into overdrive mode. Pretty cool.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    It's kind of a large stretch, but I think the character with the blue shirt has black pants on judging by what can be barely seen underneath that giant Japanese symbol in the way. :P
    Still, kinda hard to tell.

By the way, we're definitely not getting any leaks now. Somebody linked to the 2ch thread and now everybody on 4chan is pestering the hell out of the 2ch members. -_-
    See you guys Friday, hahaha.

Ghiaccio

Ace Trainer
    Years
    Ugh... Stupid 4Chan people could they seriously have not waited like a day?... Patience is a virtue. But anyway, I agree that it's a male rival and a protagonist, especially after seeing a fan sprite art of Afro-man, it definitely looks that way. Man I definitely hope this game matches all this hype, they seem like they have so much potential.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got creative with the title ;)

I really don't want that to be the rival. The rival is meant to be badass like N.

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    4Chan's ruined many past potential leaks, but they're just a bunch of lovable dummies when it comes to this stuff (myself included! :D ). And did anyone else think of a young Alder when you saw that cover? Maybe the person with the afro has a Bouffalant for his/her signature character haha. I'm thinking they're just new characters, not the playable characters. That, or they're unrelated to Pokemon. Has it been confirmed whether or not they're Pokemon characters?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I got creative with the title ;)

I really don't want that to be the rival. The rival is meant to be badass like N.

N wasn't the rival though. He was reoccuring Bad Guy like Cyrus, Maxi, Archie, and Giovanni.

4Chan's ruined many past potential leaks, but they're just a bunch of lovable dummies when it comes to this stuff (myself included! :D ). And did anyone else think of a young Alder when you saw that cover? Maybe the person with the afro has a Bouffalant for his/her signature character haha. I'm thinking they're just new characters, not the playable characters. That, or they're unrelated to Pokemon. Has it been confirmed whether or not they're Pokemon characters?
    Nope. 4chan ruined the leak. We most likely won't find anything out until Saturday during Smash which may not give us the same info.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Wow...not here in this section in, like, weeks, and I find out that the scans are being held up hostage? Stay classy 4chan.

Anyway, I see it as the one on the right (in blue) looks like some cross between Hilda (in facial features) but Hilbert (clothing design and hair, plus overall body shape looking closer to a male). As for the one in red...looks like a rival character to me. It seems as though there is actual time between BW and BW2, so having new protagonists doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

Whenever the news comes, leak or otherwise, I'll mark out as usual.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The person with blue hair doesn't seem to have an afro but simply big spiky blue hair, with what looks like a tennis player head band...
    Anyways I would perfer if the one in red was the rival, he/she can be the new Green/blue,Silver,May or Brandon, Pearl, Cheren and Bianca. Also this gender debate brings back nostalgia from when people used to debate Cheren's own gender...

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    4chan and 2ch were just having a stupid spam war, the people on 2ch aren't really angry at all they are just discussing about Coro Coro like we all are now. They just asked for people to stop posting in English, and that they don't mind if you post there as long as you know Japanese and stop using English.

We can still get leaks. Its only 12.30pm in Japan, people are likely still at work & school. I'd give it another 7 hours or so.

The scans just leaked on 2ch!!!!!!

https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855389.jpg
    https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855386.jpg
    https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855392.jpg
    https://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2855391.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    Looks like Serebii is getting some news in too, apparently it's going to have new trainers, new rival, it's going to be set later in the timeline and Unova is partially frozen?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    OH MY GOD, I love the female character. The guy's hair is way too weird for me though. Also, the rival character is a complete and total badass.

It appears that it does take place sometime in the future, as the town on the desert route is finished.
    I wonder why half of the Unova region is frozen. :o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    THAT GIRL

Oh my god that girl character is amazingly perfect. I love her so much I CAN'T WAIT AHHH

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    There are various new areas in Unova including Hiougi City, where you begin your journey. There are other areas which has a gym leader who focuses upon Poison; Homiga. Another gym leader is Shizui, the Water-type leader. The trainer with the spiky hair is the rival
    Hiougi City has a Pokémon Centre and a Trainer School and areas where you can look upon the areas. There are shops, underwater tunnels with clear glass (mantines flowing overhead), building with blue and red statues

Ahhh! So exciting! It sounds great!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I'll tell you what, they never seem to fail when it comes to designing characters. I love most, if not all of those characters shown.

Also, I think half of the map is frozen because they're just hiding the advancements of other towns. Didn't they hide Unova in clouds when they released it or something? Or maybe i'm thinking of something else... Probably that new area in HG/SS.

Either way, I love everything so far. Very happy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2013
    What do you think it means that we have a new rival? Does that mean that Cheren/Bianca aren't involved, or that N isn't involved? Or will we have multiple rivals?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back