• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Apparently, Lucario, Haxorus, and Black Kyurem are exclusive to Black 2 Zoroark, Metagross, and White Kyurem are exclusive to White 2.

It looks alright so far! Neat shots (such as of underwater tunnels!) and starting on the other end of the region is good too imo. Wonder if the freezing-parts-of-unova thing is done better than platinum (it's colder because snow in first few routes, and...yeah colder guys see scarves worn now!...and miniskirts still).

I like the protagonists, and welcome a potential lack of N as the rival. Pre-gen-5 Pokemon in the dex is also cool - 300 to choose from is very nice.

Just hope there's a decent amount of post-game things to do though.

By the way, what was the time period between R/B/Y and G/S/C anybody?
    3 years.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    If there are extra gyms like poison and water, one should be in Anvil Town!

Anvil Town could be fleshed out into a whole city with a gym!

But that isn't news, that was be speculating.

Are the new gyms in new cities, or replacing older gyms?

This is the best part of anticipating a new game!

There are two cities before you get to Castella so they could be in either or both of those (not counting the starter city). Also one of them could have replaced an older Gym as well. I can kinda see the Poison Rocker girl replacing Elesa.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

3 years. It would be nice if they imitated that for this one, because it's enough to make a big difference in the region but not so much that it would be weird to bring back old characters haha.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years

There's no info on the other gyms yet unfortunately. Since this game takes place 2 years later, we may just get older versions or they'll be replaced. Maybe we'll run into the old protags as gym/elite 4 members? :>
    We do have Pokemon Smashu to look forward to, but they usually parrot what we already know, meaning they'll likely have these announcements in video form.

I agree though, it's the best part of speculation! :D

I got a feeling we may have half a new Elite Four at the very least.

And I believe it was three years.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Ah, 3 years. I guess 2 years still may be enough time for some significant changes in a gym line-up/people getting slightly older looking.
    I always love games that take place a few years later, as it's nice to see what all the characters are up to.

Also, someone on 4chan brought up a good point that the female character may be the one named Sailor Moon.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah that's what I thought at first too. That's why I said I wanted to name her Usagi, Sailor Moon's japanese name, lol.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Guessing the read circle on the Unova map in one scan indicates the town you start in, in South West Unova. Since of course the almost entirety of East Unova is ice.

Is it me or does Route 4 look more developed? Building seem more closed into the center of the route?

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    Guessing the read circle on the Unova map in one scan indicates the town you start in, in South West Unova. Since of course the almost entirety of East Unova is ice.

Is it me or does Route 4 look more developed? Building seem more closed into the center of the route?
    The reason for the ice on the map is to keep the remains secret like how the clouds covered the BW map.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Just pointing this out...but none of the scans have a Pokemon following the trainer. So no Follow me apparently.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Yeah that's what I thought at first too. That's why I said I wanted to name her Usagi, Sailor Moon's japanese name, lol.

Ah I missed that reference, sorry. :<

@Kenshin
    Yeah I noticed that. It looks like they finished all the construction in this game.

Has anybody noticed the overabundance of water/swimming related things?
    -Underwater tunnels
    -One of the gym leaders is watery
    -The female protag looks like she has a bathing suit on, judging by the straps around her neck
    -The male protag looks like he's wearing surfing/scuba wear underneath

Perhaps there's going to be a lot of diving going on?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm glad that the red one turned out to be the rival after all, he just called out rival to me, even in the small front page scan.
    The girl looks cute. The boy looks like a mix between Ethan (Hg/Ss), Brandon (E), and Hilbert styles...

Omg all of eastern Unova is frozen over...that includes Black city/White forest it seems...oh wow my theory on the first gym town getting iced over came true...
    There must have been a migration of Pokemon out of east Unova (frigid brilliance as it's now frozen), I mean you can find Metagross, and Golduck there, same goes for the Challengers cave with Riolu, though Eevee doesn't make much sense...oh well, I love Eevee ^_^.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    It just says the map is frozen, not the region. So it seems they put the ice there just to cover part of Unova so they can reveal the rest in their next issue. They did the same with BW, except they covered it with clouds. You can tell the "ice" was just thrown on top anyway and it isnt actually frozen, it looks a bit odd.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    It just says the map is frozen, not the region. So it seems they put the ice there just to cover part of Unova so they can reveal the rest in their next issue. They did the same with BW, except they covered it with clouds. You can tell the "ice" was just thrown on top anyway and it isnt actually frozen, it looks a bit odd.

I figured as much. Unova may not even be frozen, or even snowed out at the very least for all we know.
    I thought something was suspicious, judging by how the land doesn't gradually change, as well as how everything seems to be dressed for somewhat tropical conditions. The ice may just be a theme related to B/W Kyurem.

Climates just don't drastically change like that.
    Though it is a video game, I guess anything could happen.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Ah I missed that reference, sorry. :<

@Kenshin
    Yeah I noticed that. It looks like they finished all the construction in this game.

Has anybody noticed the overabundance of water/swimming related things?
    -Underwater tunnels
    -One of the gym leaders is watery
    -The female protag looks like she has a bathing suit on, judging by the straps around her neck
    -The male protag looks like he's wearing surfing/scuba wear underneath

Perhaps there's going to be a lot of diving going on?

They look more like jump suits, the stuff you wear jogging in cold weather. Scuba gear doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Underwater tunnel takes us to Castella and seems to replace Wonder Bridge between Castella and Pinwheel Forest.

There is also a dock city on the western side of Unova. I'm going to guess that is where the Water Gym is.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    SO excited about these scans. :3 The region looks pretty!! And ooh diving, want!

Anyway so, since from now on we've got threads covering the different things (though I'll need some confirmation if the frozen region thing is true), bring your discussion on those aspects to there. :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Ah, well if parts of were snowed in it'll make sense due to Kyurem...I hope parts of it are truely icy, I want more icy routes...I wonder if we'll see a return of Rock climb as a Hm. Hopefully Waterfall and Dive, which by the looks of it there will be more areas to go under, will be used more frequently.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    someone said scuba/wetsuits. I agree with this. they look like wet suits and the look like surfer people. I would love using dive more often/accessing new caves and such with dive.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back