• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
  • This is how it always happens. Since they're getting their info/leaks from 2ch and not from their own personal copy of CoroCoro all we can really get is a few snippets here and there rather than the whole pages.

Just be patient, we'll definitely get some more scan soon, it's just a matter of waiting to see if anyone over in Japan land decides to post some scans/picture of it on 2ch.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • If those are the new characters of Black and White 2, then I'll be greatly disappointed. The boy looks alright but the female... ugh. What is that, an afro? I really hope I'm seeing that wrong.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • If you're referring to the person in blue as the female, I kinda think it looks like a big hat.
    The boy has a ridiculous amount of spikiness going on up there.

That is if the one in the blue is a girl and the one in the red is a guy. If it's the other way around, ugh.
    I told myself I wasn't going to complain though. :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Would have thought it would be here by now, oh well just gotta wait a little longer, judging by the front page its looking good.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Hmm, its currently 6:15 in Japan, maybe someone will scan it before work/school? Maybe if were lucky, im really interested in these new trainers!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Jesus christ, this isn't the first time this has happened. The reason why we're not getting any more scans is because some dolts over at 4chan decided to raid 2ch with rude remarks demanding scans directed at the guy posting leaked information. This apparently made the guy mad, so he decided not to share anymore as they were being ungrateful.
    So yeah, we may not receive leaked information until this weekend when the magazine officially becomes available to everyone unless the guy pulls himself together and decides to start sharing again.

I wonder if there's any possibility they will learn not to do that? I swear, they've done this for both HG/SS and Black/White in the past and always with the same result.

Well, irregardless, here's an even larger scan of the title page. It's still pretty hard to see, but this is a more accurate size that doesn't require as much squinting.
    Spoiler:

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Hmmm, 4chan? I go there quite a bit, i might go and see if i can fix something up for us!
    (edit)
    Went there, they have all gone nuts. They apparently have confirmed that the two characters are the protagonists, theyre like cavemen around fire. One guys saying that the official site of another franchise being covered in this month's CoroCoro put the cover on its blog. Dunno if its true but it might be, guess we wont be getting scans for a while then :/

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • There's nothing to be fixed up at 4chan, as now everyone's posting in remorse thinking "Well if I would have known calling him names wouldn't have gotten us scans I wouldn't have done it."
    2ch's where the info's at, but unless you can speak non-broken Japanese there's not much to be done. Besides, i'm sure other 2ch members are trying to get some more info out of him.
    4chan's a bloody mess right now, as everyone is posting fake information and art saying Serebii/Archaic/Masuda confirmed, so i'd avoid that train wreck.

Worst case scenario is the guy doesn't post more images from CoroCoro and we have to wait just a day or two longer. CoroCoro comes out this Saturday (I think), which is Friday here.
    I feel like somebody else in Japan has to have the magazine early and not just this guy though.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • So much chaos just for one scan, he could post them tomorrow or not at all, no one knows really. What we do know is that we've got Saturday to look forward to which will basically provide us with all this information and more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    At this rate, I wouldn't be shocked if we don't get the scans until Coro Coro is officially released. I'm so frustrated already, after waiting over a month and a half I just want to see something! And now it seems that for the first time in years, Coro Coro may actually not leak early because of all the English fans hassling the people who have the issue on Twitter and 2ch. Just hoping someone else in Japan gets it and posts it.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I don't think the protagonists will have spiky hair. It is a common trait in anime character, but look at how long Pokemon has gone without giving us spiky hair characters.

Current BW protagonists look rather conventional and European if you ask me.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Call me cynical but I'm quite enjoying the chaos...makes things fun.
    Both the people in the scan look like boys to me...maybe we get a bifauxen character (a girl who looks like a guy) this time around...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • On the topic of protagonists, it's kinda hard to tell going by what we currently have but by the looks of their appearence etc. it looks like the female is on the right and the male on the left assuming they are for B2W2.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Haha, maybe the female will be an SNL Pat scenario:
    Spoiler:

Bahaha! Oh me... i'm the only one who gets that reference. I'm so old...

But oh well. 1-2 days never killed anybody. As Suicune said, we'll be getting CoroCoro and then some on Saturday.
    I recommend staying away from 4chan, as they're posting A LOT of fake photoshopped scans, and it would be easy for someone to get fooled.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Im going to go with New protagonists and i have my reasons for doing so:
    1- They are drawn Sugimori style, that should usually be enough
    2- The boy? (could be girl) has the bag swung across his shoulder, a typical protagonist style since gen 2
    3- It looks like a pokeball pattern on the front of whatever the guy at the front has on his head (its not a cap because you can see hair sprouting from it at the back, look closely)
    4- Its bunched perfectly with all the other B/W2 stuff, why would they put random characters from a different game bunched up with Pokemon and not say they are different. They are practically right next to Kyurem.
    Case closed :)
    1) they had others with similar style drawn before that weren't related to Pokemon.
    2) Blue is a Girl and Red is a Boy.
    4) The two boys last time were mixed in with Pokemon news and had nothing to do with them. They were surrounded by Pokemon stuff.

If there is no images for these games, we only have to wait until Saturday when there will be actual game play and wow, just logged in to find a interesting page from Corocoro, are those the new protagonists?

Massive debate on it. No one knows.

But this really should be an interesting week.

Also this was translated from 2CH although it's not necessarily true but still fun to speculate:

- Team Plasma is back
    - N is missing
    - Story takes place two years after BW
    - Kyurem, Darmanitan, and Cryogonal have new forms
    - New Pokemon
    - Cheren is now a gym leader
    - Adventure begins in Castelia City
    - More 3D stuff (Not 3DS, graphics)*
    - Protagonist is 17 years old*
    - Expanded C-Gear that has a 'secret'*
    - Map has new towns and places*

This is what I posted when those rumors first came up.

Xander said:
    Just thought I should post this as well but four of the new Rumor points are carbon copies of changes to Kanto from Gold and Silver.

- Team Plasma is back | Team Rocket's miraculous return (could even be rumored to do the same thing which has come up a few times)
    - N is missing | Giovanni went missing
    - Story takes place two years after BW | Gold/Silver took place 2 years after Red/Blue
    - Cheren is now a gym leader | Blue becomes a Gym Leader.

If you're referring to the person in blue as the female, I kinda think it looks like a big hat.
    The boy has a ridiculous amount of spikiness going on up there.

That is if the one in the blue is a girl and the one in the red is a guy. If it's the other way around, ugh.
    I told myself I wasn't going to complain though. :P

Blue is wearing a Visor cap, like the tennis caps and her hair is coming out and over her shoulder near the back. The one it red is big bushy hair. Him not having a hat seems like it would mean he isn't a protagonist. First with no type of headgear.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It could well be two males, after all these games are slightly diverse from other traditional patterns, who knows what move Game Freak will make next.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2013
    I'm thinking red's 'hat' is the bandana around his neck? That, or he would make one swagtastic rival.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It could well be two males, after all these games are slightly diverse from other traditional patterns, who knows what move Game Freak will make next.

Two males would really be a major step back, though >__>; I don't think they'd do that, or at least I really don't want that. Much rather if they were from Adventure Camp ;;

Cello

Tonight!
    Years

• Two males would really be a major step back, though >__>; I don't think they'd do that, or at least I really don't want that. Much rather if they were from Adventure Camp ;;

I agree, plus it'd be really... pointless. They gave a female trainer option for the female players, so they would be pissing off the female players if they did make two male protagonist.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back