• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Forum

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
  • Thanks for the support Jorge ^_^

And I mentioned in the chat, I think two fine mods for it would be Dark Wheezing and Robo, as they're both rather active in the fandom, and are current mods. They'd fit in nicely~ :)

aRedMoon

Years
  • A single forum, under Pokemon General called Pokemon News. A bot (PokeBot or something, I dunno) would then post in there.

I guess you could allow others to post in there as well, if there is any interest in that.

And yeah, the bot should be moderated, or the mods should just delete any dupe threads.

That's pretty much it?

I'd be willing to make a few threads to be sticky'ed about posting on BN and PN

aRedMoon

Years
  • I'm not sure how BN's permissions are set-up, but you defiantly can post on PN. I know that much. ^^;

And yes, the bot would post all the news articles in the forum.

One thing to consider is if you would allow other people to start threads, or only allow the bot to.

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Years
  • You'd have to make sure that's noted somewhere in the forum description then, so that people aren't going "I CAN'T POST IN THE NEWS FORUM?!?!!!!one!!1!!!

=/

*wonders when Steve will reply again*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I certainly don't mind this idea--perhaps as a subforum of Announcements? Or it's own forum? o_o

But regardless...um...to the people who say "we'll just moderate the posts before they're posted" well, remember how terrible we are at that? I remember we attempted to make use of that moderated members usergroup once before and it just didn't work because no one ever checked the posts for approval. <_< How would we be sure to check this all the time? (I mean, no one even seems to check reports anymore.)

Um...other than that minor setback, I've no problem with this; I think it's a good idea~

aRedMoon

Years
  • If that's the case, then having it post and then deleting the dups would be the best bet. ^^;

aRedMoon

Years
  • Sorry to double post... but *bumps this up*

Steve, there's a lot of support for it, you gonna try it already? o-o

Guest123_x1

Yah!-Why not just get this show on the road?

Cole Simon

Rich Boy
    Years
  • Koroku said:
    Okay, I thought I'd bring this up, because I think it might be pretty useful for the community here.

I think it would be pretty nifty if PC stuck in a News forum, similar to that of BMGf
    (Forum link is imposed on protection, do not edit, as it is there as a purpose for showing examples. - Tetsuya-san) (forum link used for reference, which last I checked was allowed - sorry if that's changed)

It has a bot check RSS feeds on a constant basis, and then posts the new stuff in the forum.

As PC isn't very news centered, as some of the other forums are, I think it would be a good addition and bring a bit more Pokeness to the forum.

I'm not sure if the article bot is a plug-in or not, so I dunno if Steve would have to do a lot of work... but yeah :P

Thought I'd bring it up. If people are interested, then cool. Otherwise, meh.

Oh... and if you do add it, I suggest using BN, PN, and PPN, as they're the main news sources. But you'll have to get a modly person for it, as the bot does post double articles at times.

Ah, here it is at vb.org: https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100269 No code changes required =D
    I agree with what Koroku said because it could be pretty useful. Well thats what i think. Any Questions?

Back