• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next Pokémon Game(s)

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
  • Hey everybody, I am kinda new to the PokeCommunity but I really wanted to make a post of something I've thought of for a long time. This question always comes up in our heads, "What will the next Pokémon game be like?" I'm sure many have brought this up before but I wanted to share my thoughts. Most people are either expecting one of two things. Pokémon (X), a remix type game like Emerald,Platinum,Silver,etc., or expecting Hoenn remakes, which is what I would love. Personally I think the next game will NOT be Hoenn remakes unfortunately, but NOT a "Pokémon Z". After watching a Marilland video a few months ago he made a theory that the next is NOT in Kalos or a Hoenn remake. He thought of a new region,close by Kalos, that relates with the story of Kalos and the war that happened. I honestly think the next game will be like this too, another 6th Gen game, but in a new region. 6th Gen only has about 70 new Pokémon so I'm sure Game Freak has backup ones for sure, a lot. This next game could possibly reveal the rest of the new Pokémon along with a Kalos-related story. I know this is a lot of talking but I just wanted to throw my thoughts out there and see if anyone agrees with what will happen or state their own thoughts. Thanks for stopping by!

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
    Years
  • Oh yeah! Mega Latias and Mega Latios could possibly be linked with a Hoenn remake since there is no way to get them yet! I guess I wasn't thinking about Megas too in Kalos. Well recently Game Freak has been surprising us from 5th Gen and on so we'll just have to wait. Also if there is no news for a new game yet I'm sure there isn't one this year, in hopes a better game will come out in 2015.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Personally I think we will see Pokémon Z first and then Hoenn remakes. The latter would be pretty epic with the graphics and features of Gen 6 but if there is a legendary pokémon included that starts with a Z when the others start with X and Y, it's pretty much super weird if they don't make a Z version. It might be that they thought the BW/BW2 way of doing sequels was an experiment and want to revert to their old style of doing three games per region now.

But seriously, if we don't get Hoenn remakes I will be surprised. :]

(also, just moving this to Pokémon Gaming Central, since we're discussing the games and Pokémon General is for things that aren't restricted to the games)

-moved

Pillodox

Ruff
    Years
  • Pokemon X2 and Y2 where Team Flare returns with Xerosic (the scientist with the wite mask) as their leader. They attempt to use Ynvetal and Xerneas to capture Zygarde.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • A third version of Pokemon X and Y. It's just standard form of the Pokemon games, and if not that, maybe sequels to X/Y. These are most likely going to be Pokemon Z (relation to the 3rd ver.), and X2/Y2 (sequels). While chances are kind of low, there could even be...wait for it.

A Hoenn remake. It's a rare chance, but we can only wait and see.

Years
  • I think it will most likely be the third version, rumored to be called "Pokemon Z" due to Zygarde, who they're assuming will be the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem of the generation. If they pull a B2/W2 on us and do something like an X2/Y2 I'm okay with that too, and then hopefully see some Ruby/Sapphire remakes before the end of 6th Gen.

Back