• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

fire_phoenix

Phoenix Breeder
    Years
    NOW I know how we could download patches onto CDs, lookie here:

"The Blu-Ray DVD is a critical piece of this strategy. As I learned in Tokyo, its multiple layers not only can store vast amounts of digital data, they can also be used to record data downloaded from the Internet. For example, after buying the Blu-Ray DVD for Spider-Man 3, a consumer could then add on a game, music video, or a prior sequel from Sony's Web site."

It's Sony technology but we'll have the same technology in the end because it also says this:

"Sony and its rivals plan to have Blu-Ray DVDs available in less than a year."

I could picture this happening on the Revolution.

I like the sound of that, I also like the sound of this:

"In fact, the blue ray can read as many as eight wafer-thin layers?the top layer being only one-tenth of a millimeter?which can contain 20 times as much data as even a dual-layer conventional DVD. Such massive storage?up to 200 gigabytes?provides an almost endless capacity for add-ons by home audiences."

This'd also solve the problem for storing games that you download fron the internet.

I found the article on MSN, I guess I'll leave you with the article link

https://slate.msn.com/id/2124883/?GT1=6772

(PS: "It's also a vital part of Sony's latest version of its PlayStation, due to be released next year." I certainly hope this won't hurt Nintendo's efforts at all)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Dark Penguin said:
    is Baten Kidos any good? my friend, who is a HUGE RPG fan, absolutely d it. i always thought it looked pretty cool though.

The sequel's Beaten Kidos XD

It's awesome =D Teh card system works well...but the game's pretty challenging. Boss battles take a long time. You just keep on having to hammer them xD

Welcome to the club Link! =D

TheAlliedAxis

Pokemon fan forever!
    Years
    Total Control

I have recently heard that Nintendo is finally ready to present the Revolution's controller. I don't have much info on this issue but I am very excited. Not sure if you guys knew.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Agreed XD

But, EGM's latest article said there was almost 100% chance of a touch screen o.o; I say that's bull :P

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I thought Nintendo said it wasn't going to have a touch screen (I'm not saying EGM is right but I thought I read tht Nintendo isn't going to have a touch screen on the controller)? Well in any case I can't wait to see what they got in 13 days (if they spit something out at the Tokyo Game Show).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Ya, Nintendo did confirm that they weren't interested in doing another two-screened system.

Gyro sensors are still a realistic hope though~

Anyways, I'm really excited too. Incredibly excited x3

Years
    *goes forward through time*
    I can tell you what the nintendo revolution controller is *says it and sony person steals idea*
    did you know that sony are making a touch screen add on for the psp unless someone in the club said that

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Katsuro: But what about touch screen stuff?

Espio: Nah, a PSP Touch Screen add on just doesn't sounds right. I mean I also don't know how it would work (maybe like a pad type thing running out of the USB port).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Touch screen would mean two screens. Nintendo's already denied that.

PSP =/= Touchscreen

Sony's not creative enough :P

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Katsuro said:
    Touch screen would mean two screens. Nintendo's already denied that.

PSP =/= Touchscreen

Sony's not creative enough :P
    Well you don't really need two screens with a touch screen. But I guess it helps.

And the PSP wouldn't have a touch screen. But I think it would be nice to see all them hard core PSP fans (that hate the DS) go "OH MY, this touch screen is a great idea". XD

11 more days till the Tokyo Game Show.

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
    Hey Arcanine can I join? I was a nintendo fanboy back in the early NINTENDO 64 days,
    also That metroid prim boxart looked of the hook,but I wasnt feeling the revolution logo,it doesnt looks sophisticated. Does anyone have info on the NR graphics?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Yea you can join. Welcome to the club renagadez.

The graphics on the Rev hasn't been let out yet (Nintendo is keeping a tight lip on the Rev). Most thinks it's going to be out at the Tokyo Game Show with a demo of Mario 128. Even then that won't be the full power of the graphics, we all know Mario games are not the games with the best graphics. Something like Star Wars could be a game that shows the full power of the Rev's graphics.
    But to me I think they'll be good. LoZ: TP's graphics look great, almost as good as some XBox 360 game graphics. And LoZ: TP is on the GameCube. So I think Nintendo will be up there with the PS3 and the 360 on graphics.

Renagadez

Skillful samurai
    Years
    Thanks alot for the info,but I hope *fingers crossed* the nintendo revolution will be the top selling system for awhile because the nintendo gamecube was lacking in sales.
    I just cant wait till next year,I wish all you guys get the NR. Thanks for letting me join Arcanine,How did you react to getting your gamecube for the first time?(if you have one)

Back