• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] Nice to meet you!

Years
    Hi everyone! I've been playing since Red/Blue, but I'm just getting into online trading and a little bit of competitive and breeding and whatnot. With the release of Pokemon Home I've been inspired to complete a living dex with all different forms. Sometimes I feel like an old man in the Pokémon community, but I've loved it for almost my whole life. I look forward to hopefully trading with all of you someday! :)
    (Also sorry for the super basic profile. I used to spend a lot of time on invisionforums back in the day, but my html skills are very very rusty!)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey there OldDog! It's nice to meet you too and welcome to the community!

Don't worry, there's lots of us 'over the hill' Pokémon fans (as if 30 is old pffft.. lol). I was around during the R/B/Y days too and we love it when veteran player find their way back to Pokémon and eventually turn up on our humble forum!

If you ever need any help with anything, don't hesitate to reach out to a member of staff. Happy posting! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

Years
    Nice to meet you too! 30 is like the cutoff year, kind of makes you old in certain communities. I've been playing in bands for 15 years and it's the same way in the music community. After you hit 30 you're in an entirely different association of people!
    But I appreciate the vote of confidence that 30 isn't old lol.
    How active are trades on this forum? I don't want to be "that guy" right away, but I've missed A LOT of events throughout the years and it'd be cool to go back and get some of those. Especially the 3DS era mythicals, as X/Y, ORAS, and the Alola games weren't really on my radar when they released.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    But I appreciate the vite of confidence that 30 isn't old lol.
    LOL it better not be cause I refuse to accept my inevitable aging haha.
    How active are trades on this forum? I don't want to be "that guy" right away, but I've missed A LOT of events throughout the years and it'd be cool to go back and get some of those. Especially the 3DS era mythicals, as X/Y, ORAS, and the Alola games weren't really on my radar when they released.
    So I'm not huge in the Trading Corner, but I've never seen a day go by where a thread goes unanswered or unattended -- especially if you've got something good to offer in return or have no issue with duplicates. A lot of threads in the subforum function as shops where you can browse what users are offering and sometimes they even run giveaways too. :)

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Welcome! You're never too old to enjoy Pokemon. I know some people think it's childish and such, however, I do think there are some elements to the games that appeal to the older audience. I've completed a living dex on Sword, I really need to get to completing it further with the new DLC available. I hope you enjoy this wonder community. I look forward to seeing your around!

Years
    Welcome to the Pokecommunity OldDog! No one's ever too old to enjoy Pokemon, screw what society has to say. I can say with full confidence that I'll be a fan for quite a long time :)

Trading, comp, breeding, and completing living dexes have never been my forte, but I fully respect someone dedicated to the craft~ We have our respective sections for that here in the forums so you're welcome to explore and socialize around! I'll be in the more casual areas if you don't mind :p

Anyway, feel free to reach out to me or any other PC staffer if you have any questions or concerns. We'd be glad to help :) With all that said, be seeing you around! Enjoy your stay!

DrWho42

ka kaw
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    hello! welcome to the pokecommunity! hope you enjoy posting 😃

Back