• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nidoking or Nidoqueen

Atlas

Steam Soldier
    Years
    I have preferred Nidoking since my first time playing pokemon. His lv 23 move... Thrash, in the original 3 games, was the best move I have ever seen... With one PP, it was able to defeat 3 or 4 opposing pokemon...

I always pick attack and speed when I pick pokemon. Scyther, Nidoking, Zangoose, etc...

I never vs. battle other people, so I rarely have need for Defence or HP. I kill most things before they have a chance to strike back.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Well, in the games, you have Nidoqueen, with the base stats of Health Points at Ninety, Attack at Eighty-Two, Defence at Eighty-Seven, Special Attack at Seventy-Five, Special Defence at Eighty-Five and Speed at Seventy-Six. Nidoking, however, has the base stats of Health Points at Eighty-One, Attack at Ninety-Two, Defence at Seventy-Seven, Special Attack at Eighty-Five, Special Defence at Seventy-Five and Speed at Eighty-Five. And because my strategies for competitive play are normally focused on offensive play, I'd prefer Nidoking.

Also, look at their appearance, Nidoqueen is blue and her shiny form is some sort of horrible brown, but Nidoking is purple and his shiny form is a nice crystal clear blue, because I think Nidoking looks nicer, I've got to say I prefer him there as well.

Then, we move onto the games and my stories. I used a Nidoqueen back in the good old days of Red, Blue and Yellow in all of my teams, for reasons unknown. I thought that she was better than Nidoking, so she wins that round.

Overall though, I'd say I prefer Nidoking.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    When I started the first generation games, I believe I had both Nidoqueen and Nidoking in my party in my journey. :D I loved the power both brought to the table. So, I prefer both on a level of favorites. However, competitively, I'd never use them. Unfortunately, they aren't powerhouses in competitive play like they were for me ingame. If i had to select one, it'd probably be Nidoqueen. Not really sure why, but something about it makes me like it more. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    Hm... Nidoking. I never really liked either until I decided to train a Nidoran-Male in FireRed, and then I got this liking for Nidokings. Normally in-game I'm a heavy user of special sweeper-varieties of Pokemon, who are almost guaranteed to strike first and use mainly powerful water/fire/psychic/dark attacks. But with Nidoking, it was a bit different. I enjoyed the raw power I got with him, despite the fact that his speed wasn't as reliable as that of say, my Raichu's (who was on the same game file and party). His attacks and their types also gave him a boost, seeing as I love Earthquake, and Megahorn destroyed Psychics considering he struck before them and didn't miss. So, based on my positive experience training one, I'd have to go with Nidoking. Oh yeah, and I love to draw 'em! Nidoqueen's just... well, just...

Years
    nidoqeen becus she reminds me of madonnna

(thats my favorite singer)

all of my nidoqueens have been great battlers & important assets to my team
    i once had an all nidoqueen team at some competition but i got beat
    i still had fun though!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Nidoqueen is a pansy.
    (Who can't learn Megahorn, either)

Edit: With that nub on its head, I bet it can learn Meganub, though.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    NidoKing learns megahorn, I rather have that.

Back