• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen night, day, and time

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
Years
  • i totally forgot about the whole driffloom thing on fridays

the funny thing was i NEVER saw one untill the end of the game after i beat the E4.

that was the only one i never saw LOL!

Hey, me too! I didn't see Drifloom until after the Elite 4 as well! I thought I was missing Rotom, so I tried to get that, but to no avail. Eventually, I figured out Drifblim had a pre-evolved form, but it took several days before I got Drifloom (Because of the Friday thing).

Back on subject, those wanting the catching contests back are forgetting something: Pal Park. That's a catching contest (of sorts) and DOES involve time (because of having to wait 24 hours to transfer again).

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • Hey, me too! I didn't see Drifloom until after the Elite 4 as well! I thought I was missing Rotom, so I tried to get that, but to no avail. Eventually, I figured out Drifblim had a pre-evolved form, but it took several days before I got Drifloom (Because of the Friday thing).

Back on subject, those wanting the catching contests back are forgetting something: Pal Park. That's a catching contest (of sorts) and DOES involve time (because of having to wait 24 hours to transfer again).

haha you may have a point on the 24 hour thing

but thats just one thing and plus if feels so mechanical...

but if they made it so that on sat and sun you could transfer it's be different

in gold there was so meny things that had to do with the days of the week,

like the underground in goldenrod, to get the better haircut brother on monday(i forget what day) so you could evolve your eevee you got from bill into umbreon ,and then you would be able to send your charizard from red version using the time machine you waited a day for just so you could beat the 4th gym. only thing you had no idea how the floors worked

good times....

gold and silver was the PEAK of pokemon.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • What about your birthday setting? That kinda uses time when Dawn/Lucas 'congratulates' you. Yeah, just another small thing that won't matter in the whole picture ('cuz GSC was just that great XD).

Legacy Raider

Motion Blur...
    Years
  • I think the Day/Night factor was really noticeable in the earlier games because of how new and innovative it was back then. Oh the nostalgia... Anyway, in DP it isn't too noticeable I think because of the excellent graphics not letting you notice as much.

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2008
    is it just me or does night, day, and time not as great as in gold sliver and crystal...?

cuz i was playing pearl and i was able to find pokemon that you would think would only come out durring the day, come out quite often at night.

i remember in gold you would wait all day looking for that pokemon that was only late night or get up earily on monday to see what was in the underground goldenrod that day.
    and getting angry when you forgot all about the bugcatching contest on tuesday because you REALLY want a syther and to evo it to siczor

there was more of a sence of time in the G/S/C series

but what say you on this topic. agree? disagree?

Ahh the good times, Im glad someone brought that up ive been thinking the same thing for a while now the G/S/C Series had it down preaty tight I guess the game creators probably didnt want to hastle the gamer into having to wait god knows how long for a certain pokemon wicth I think is dumb because people love a game thats realistic but finding a hoot-hoot in the morning so easily dosent seem so realistic to me. =/

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Considering the DS has date and time functions (as opposed to GSC's day of week/time), there could have been much more done with the whole time of day aspect in D/P/P. Maybe too many parents complained after GSC's release because their little kids were staying up all night to catch Hoothoot:/ Heck, GSC even had the "weekday siblings". And you could get the clock in GSC adjusted for Daylight Savings Time (though to be fair, this is an omission of the DS hardware, not due to the cart itself).

Meh, there was so much more that could have been done in D/P/P.

Back