• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Nimbasa City: Discussion time!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Basically each week or so I'm just going to make a thread discussing like, a city in Unova. Not a favourite, but discuss the atmosphere, the draws of it, the negatives. What it was lacking, etc. HOPEFULLY THIS DRAWS IN SOME SORT OF DISCUSSION MAYBE? Also this is in no means official it's just something I wanna do :3 (plz reply y'all!)

Anyway this week, INimbasa City! What were your general vibes about it? What did it make you think of? Do you think it was engaging enough, did you want to explore more of it? What stands out most about it? Did you like the flashy entertainment? The Sport Domes? The Gym leader with an attitude? The fact that it had its own Subway? Discuss those and anything else that comes to mind about Nimbasa! n_n Also this can include your thoughts from any of the Unova games!

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I think Nimbasa was the city of battles. Except for the White Treehollow/Black City, all the battle facilities are here: the sports domes, the Battle Subway, the Battle Institute. Even the occasional battle at the Ferris Wheel, it being one of my favorite places in Unova, because of 1. N in BW, 2. Curtis in B2W2. What else? Oh, the Pokemon Musical is there too. So all in all, I think Nimbasa gives lots of things to do, I really like it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Nimbasa is one of my favorite cities because it has good training spots in the Sports Domes. I also liked the Battle Subway.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Well, I liked Nimbasa mostly because of the fact that there was plenty to do there. But, the 'futuristic' theme just kind of didn't really fit with me. But most cities are boring, the fact that it had so much is definitely a plus point.

Anyone like the theme park? I was disappointed that the only real 'ride' you could go on for enjoyment was the ferris wheel. The others were arenas/former arenas or unavailable. And for the ferris wheel as well you had to battle.... would have been nice to be able to actually get in a ride for fun. For a price that is, of course.

Years
  • Apart from maybe Castelia, Nimbasa was one of my favorite cities in the game. I didn't really make much use of the Battle Subway or Musical theatre, but aside from that we still had the Ferris Wheel, two Gyms (as of B/W2), the Battle Institute and two sports domes, which is significantly more to do than most other cities have to offer.

I also love that you can eventually make the daily trades with Curtis/Yancy just outside the Ferris Wheel, too, as each of the Pokemon have their respective Hidden Abilities.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I can't help, whenever I see, "It's Discussion Time!", to want to call you Cilan.

NEway, I like the idea of trading at the Ferris Wheel. Even though I haven't done it yet. Yeah...

Cyclone

H0tB3ans

What is Sylveon?~
    Years
  • Oooh, discussion time! ^-^

It has to be my favourite city in Unova because it's just ... buzzing with excitement, I guess. Many people may say, 'Yeah, but so is Castelia!', but it isn't, when you think about it.

Is it a huge city?
    Yes.

Is it buzzing?
    In it's own way.

Is it exciting and fresh?
    No.

'Why is it not fresh and exciting?', I hear you ask. Well, it's far too big. There are dirty alley ways with dustbins just lying around which you don't see in Nimbasa city.

Nimbasa has Ferris Wheels, Sport Stadiums and the Battle Subway, Castelia has noisy ferry's and a few important buildings. Nimbasa just seems more, fun. Who wants important buildings? Nobody. Who wants fun Ferris Wheels, Sport Stadiums and Battle Subways? A lot of people.

Just my thoughts. ^-^

Years
  • Nimbasa City is one of my fave cities ever in a Pokemon game, the Ferris Wheel, sports domes and that very awesome Gym make it so cool. I love Elesa so much! And I also loved the Yancy/Curtis trades in B2/W2 since they can give you some pretty awesome Pokemon with their Hidden Abilities.

Years
  • I like this city for a number of reasons. You can get buttloads of exp at the domes, the battle subways provide hours (if you are into it) of fun, and for one of my teams it gave me a very much needed thunder stone.

Years
  • I spend most of my time there when not training. The battle subway is awesome and the sport domes. It just seems like a hive of activity and battles. Plus it's close to the Avenue.

Back