• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Ninja Slayer From Animation

Years
    Ninja Slayer From Animation
    Ninja Slayer From Animation

Synopsis

Ninja... Ninja were... merciless demi-gods, ruling Japan with their karate in the age of ninja tranquillity. But, "some" committed a forbidden form of hara-kiri storing their souls at Kinkaku Temple for future resurrection. Their lost history was falsified and concealed and the truth about these ninja was long forgotten.

Now, in the future where the universalization of cybernetic technology and electronic networks are God, suddenly, sinister ninja souls, resurrected from thousands of years past are unleashed on the dark shadows of Neo-Saitama. Fujikido Kenji, is a salaryman whose wife and child were killed in a ninja turf war. In a brush with his own death, Fujikido is possessed by an enigmatic ninja soul. Fujikido cheats death and becomes Ninja Slayer. A Grim Reaper destined to kill evil ninja, committed to a personal war of vengeance.

Set in the dystopian underworld of Neo-Saitama, Ninja Slayer takes on Soukai Syndicate ninjas in mortal combat.

Information

Type: ONA
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Apr 16, 2015 to ?
    Producers: Starchild Records, FUNimation EntertainmentL, Trigger, Grooove
    Genres: Action
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None
    PV:

I belive in based Trigger and hope they don't disappoint. It has that old feeling. Kinda retro. I'm really hyped for this

Last edited:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Omg Trigger. Well, the show they release last season sucked hard, but this seems back to Kill la Kill's track.

Years
    Sorry, it wasn't last season, it was the one before. I meant 'When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace'.

Was it that bad? I heard great things about it. Also it was an adaptation, not a Trigger original. So that's why it wasn't as good hah.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    When I read Ninjas and "in the future where the universalization of cybernetic technology" I was thinking - this sounds a bit like the game Mark of the Ninja which I really love.

Either way, especially due to that old retro art style I am definitely going to watch this! Too bad we have 2 more weeks till it comes out ;-;

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Synopsis sounds like a crappy shounen revenge story and the PV looked like it was going to be taking itself somewhat seriously. Even if it did look like some fan made garbage.

Kill la Kiddies getting all hyped up and then instadropping is just great.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Yeah, but considering how Kill la Kill came to be, it's pretty much going to be a one time thing, anything else like it coming from Trigger is pretty unlikely.

And if people really expect more Kill la Kill after Inou Battle (which had a good bit of anticipation), well...

...I'd kindly direct them to something like Little Witch Academia so that they start to understand.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Well, it's their second most popular. I'd say Kill la Kill is easily the best (and their most popular, but that's neither here nor there), hands down.

Next to that, the more crowd savvy Little Witch Academia, which was a great feature reminiscent of Disney, loved the hell out of that. I wouldn't put it up there with KlK, but it is a shame this doesn't get more attention. Regardless of what "too edgy" animu fans think of Kill la Kill (and similarly, what fans of KlK think), having seen what else the studio's done, I see little reason that that show should be completely representative of what the studio caters to and is capable of.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    LWA was well constructed and their best looking series by far but it was rather boring. My second favourite from them. Inferno Cop was better than Kill la Kill.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Inferno Cop happened, but I guess you're not really going to see as much hate for something as obscure as it was. Kinda expect it with KlK. After all, you're not really gonna see hate for something like Baby Princess 3D Paradise but Dragon Ball will open the floodgates. It comes with the territory, I guess.

But there have been a number of times when I've just avoided threads that had mostly unrelated negativity (like, for instance, here). I mean, I get it in this case, but there isn't really much about Ninja Slayer that makes me think it's like that other show. It's kinda like going into a modern Toei thread and then hearing someone immediately talk shit about Dragon Ball Z- despite the fact that the anime in question was Doki Doki Hero by Kazuma Aratamazawakawa, just because of that small correlation. Not that this matters particularly much, just some lamentations of a tired fan.

Anyway, I'll be giving this show a look, sometime or another. I've had my eye on it for quite a while, but have been keeping away from the PVs so I know little other than its main promotional image.

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Yeah so I saw the first episode and the only comments I can make are: What the actual **** did I just watch? It was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen.

I don't even know, it was so bad.

Back