• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Nintendo Failed on the Guide book?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
    Anyone else who has the guide book disapointed by it? I got it for free but still I was really disapointed, I mean the order of things in the book is pretty bad, it shows things way before they happen, and just in general the way they did things was bad. and the fact that it doesn't show ANY information for Post-E4, Even the pokedex and items and everything is poorly done, as it will say you need to trade things to get it on the game, if it appears after the e4, I mean even for stuff like suicune it says it needs to be traded (lol).
    I mean alot of information they could of put in, but put stuff like "Not told within this book" -_-?
    The books like Half complete lol, And I've noticed its
    Vol 1" so what is there going to be Vol 2 with a Complete pokedex and everything?
    I mean there already making you pay 20$ for the guide, and then its not even complete lol?
    I would be pretty mad if I actually paid for it.

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Yea it is kinda a disappointment but its nice to find items, and they are coming out with Vol.2 i just don't know whhen :/ but the guy at gamestop told me about it, its supposed to have the full dex and i think kanto walkthrough.

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I'm going to buy the Second Volume, if you look on Chucks page you will see that there is a mix up, there is a Zephyr Badge where there should be Chucks badge~

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
    I think I saw on Amazon that Vol. 2 is coming out somewhere around April 20th. If you ask me, Nintendo really dropped the ball on this one, since I'm currently level-grinding in Victory Road to take on the Elite Four and could really use the Kanto walkthrough for after I beat them. Looks like I'll be using online walkthroughs after all...

MadaraUchiha.

Typhlosion Master
    Years
    It sucked this time... The order of having to flip back and what not is annoying, also it doesnt even show what pokemon the trainers have other then rivals,gym leaders and elite 4... Vol.2 will be the same with full dex and kanto walkthrough but not Johto...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    It is only Volume 1 wait until Volume 2 is released before you say anything about it.

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
    It is only Volume 1 wait until Volume 2 is released before you say anything about it.
    Well, pretty much the OP's comments are common feelings on the guidebook. It also was kind of a screw you by Nintendo when I am sure people were expecting the Guidebook to be as thick and have information like the Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Guidebooks. I was a bit disappointed against the book as well. Also having to spend another 20 bucks just to get the second part of the walk-through is kinda dumb.

Charmander__

Pwning n00bs since 1997
    Years
    I'm not using a guide book, so I couldn't tell you if I was dissappointed. But I DID use a guide book for the original Pokemon Gold. :3

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
    Years
    Yeah, they really did. Why do they have to make it two volumes instead of one? It should've been like Platinum's guidebook: It was complete, and big too. I guess Nintendo just wants to make more money by selling stuff like that. But still, that's not very smart. I have to spend another 20 bucks on the second part of the guide, and it's only Kanto.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Thumbing through the guide books for the classic games, It seems Nintendo NEVER intended to make a complete guide for any of the Pokemon games. They never discuss IV and EV in the guides do they? They love to keep half of the game a secret.

The guides on the internet give more information by lightyears. There is no reason the by the real thing, because they don't want to tell the whole truth about the game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    lol to make even more money? lol no one has bought a guide from my store yet. ill warn them, lol save em 40 bucks. :D

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Why buy the guide when you can buy the other game with the 40 bucks. And you can use a guide for free on the internet.
    Some people just like to collect the books to go with their games.

I wish we could get the second game for $40. RRP here is around $60-$70.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2016
    I don't need guidebooks for hidden items, I snipe out items by looking at it, theres no pokeball there but I find it, I'll be surfing along and... BAM!!! why is that island there? I search it and I have an item.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    They did a terrible job on the Diamond/Pearl one too, but I loved the Platinum...

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    It will probably be the same as what they did with the DP guide, vol. 1 covers the initial story and vol. 2 has all maps, item locations, pokemon info, and other stuff.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    This is what happened with the Diamond/Pearl Guide.
    Vol.1 had the Main Game.
    Vol.2 had the Post-E4 and the Complete Pokedex and Item Lists, etc.

I assume HG/SS will have the same thing.
    Though the should've made it like the Platinum Guide.
    That thing was massive and I love it still to this day!

Back