• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo WiFi Connection is Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Today, around 3:45 PM EST, Nintendo's WiFi Connection apparently broke, but as to why, is unknown. After that, the site appeared blank for about a minute, then showed an HTTP Error Report.
    Reasons in this crash are unknown, but more will be added later when more is unveiled about this mystery.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    Wow, that sucks. Glad I traded Pokemon yesterday. Hope they get it up and running soon though!

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Hmm..It could be a simple coding error. Or maybe they're down for maintenence. (though usually they'd repair the servers in stages)

Or my main suspicion is that some hoser DDoS'd the Nintendo WiFi servers.

Years
    My friend believes it to be the Asians. I am unsure on what to believe.
    But I DO know for a fact, every site crumbled, one after another, and the Japanese site is the only one standing.

Years
    No, something's wrong. Asia sites are still up, but everywhere else in the world was deprived of WiFi, one by one, like the domino effect.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    I feel slightly offended on behalf of the Asian community. It seems as though you believe it to be some kind of conspiracy. :|

It's possible that Asia is the only continent who's wi-fi is working, purely because Japan houses the Nintendo corporation. The wi-fi range may only be spanning out there and not reaching anywhere else because of an error or something similar.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    For the more curious of us, here's a link to the page where you can find all the different Nintendo Wi-Fi Sites.
    https://www.nintendowifi.co.uk/

Current List of Working Servers
    Finland ( in europe idiots )
    Asia

Current List of Broken Servers
    United States
    Canada ( English/French )
    Latin America
    Australia
    New Zealand
    UK
    Deutschland
    Nederland
    België (Vlaams, Français)
    España
    France
    Italia

Years
    Going through this thread, I couldn't help but to laugh at some people's naive responses.

Hmm..It could be a simple coding error. Or maybe they're down for maintenence. (though usually they'd repair the servers in stages)

Or my main suspicion is that some hoser DDoS'd the Nintendo WiFi servers.
    Do I need to say more?
    What the hell is a hoser? Hacker? No, hackers don't DDoS, script kiddie botnets do.
    Secondly, why the hell would anyone DDoS the WFC servers? I also remind you that it isn't even possible, with no direct connection to it. The only way that could happen is if you got every Wii and DS in the world on the same region to connect to WFC at the same time, even then, the server will automatically reject excess clients and give them an error code (I can't remember what it is right now).
    Thirdly, WFC servers and the website servers are both different. And how could you say that without going to the site first?

No, something's wrong, their website has an error thing on it saying HTTP Error 500-
    Error 500 is a serverside problem. Not with MySQL or anything, I'd say it could be hardware wise.
    i wonder whats goin' on..
    Nice contribution to the conversation.

My friend believes it to be the Asians. I am unsure on what to believe.
    But I DO know for a fact, every site crumbled, one after another, and the Japanese site is the only one standing.
    Geez, with a friend like that, who need independent thought, right?
    As for the Japanese site still standing, this brings out countless possibilites.

maybe someone hacked their way in? but if Japanese is where the Nintendo big coorperation is it might be too hard for them to hack in. Thats what i think.
    If you think it's too hard to hack in, why did you even suggest it in the first place?
    And you do know there are people who have hacked into Steam, Sarah Palin's email, Facebook and Livejournal?
    Sheesh, naive much?

No, something's wrong. Asia sites are still up, but everywhere else in the world was deprived of WiFi, one by one, like the domino effect.
    lol@vietnam war conspiricies.
    How do you even know it was one by one? They could have crashed together, or another countries might have been down for weeks before yours fell, and there could be others still standing now!

*yawn*here in Scotland its 10:05 and frankly im tired.. ill look into it tomorrow :)
    Great work, detective, see you tommorow then. Not like you did anything. I re-quote:
    i wonder whats goin' on..

You people are hilarious.

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    SkyP you might wanna make a more of a better post before ripping people apart because of their posts, and my guess is that other countries are either getting knocked up a notch or being removed forever

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    No change in the status of the servers compared to yesterday. I've emailed my friend who owns a Nintendo fansite, and he hasn't heard anything.

Finnish and Asian servers still up

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    wow that's crazy cause my wifi started acting up yesterday....O_o I thought my DS was broke

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back