• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    This team is an upgrade of my last one. I named it "- F R E N Z Y -", just came to mind...
    - Standard
    - Wi-Fi and Shoddy
    - Access to Platinum Tutor moves

- F R E N Z Y -

Team Overview

No! Don't use DD Gyara!
    No! Don't use DD Gyara!
    No! Don't use DD Gyara!
    No! Don't use DD Gyara!
    No! Don't use DD Gyara!
    No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Team In-Depth

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

----------------------------------------
    Azelf (N/A) @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Psychic
    - Fire Blast
    - Explosion​

Focus Sash ensures that Stealth Rock will set up at least, then I can smash other Leads with Psychic, Fire Blast, and Explosion. Psychic adds with STAB, and also covers Breloom, Gengar, Heracross, Infernape Machamp, and Tentacruel. I will not be worrying much with Breloom, Heracross, Infernape, and Machamp as Azelf might scare them away. Fire Blast dents Breloom, Bronzong, Celebi, Forretress, Heracross, Jirachi, Lucario, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Metagross, Ninjask, Scizor, Skarmory, and Yanmega. As you can see, Fire Blast covers many Pokemon, and can do tons of damage to those Pokemon that are Leads. Explosion can deal damage to anything, and can be used as a last resort, or can be used if he has full HP, then when used he will survive with 1 HP because of Focus Sash! Overall, this is a great Lead to take advantage of using, and has gotten me out of many sticky situations before.
    ---​

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Aggron (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Rock Head
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Focus Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Double-Edge
    - Stone Edge​

Focus Punch ensures some heavy damage on Pokemon that I predict right that will switch in. Ice Punch covers Aerodactyl, Breloom, Celebi, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Ninjask, Salamence, Togekiss, Yanmega, and Zapdos. Double-Edge hurts the Pokemon that resist his other moves, while Stone Edge dents Dragonite, Gyarados, Heracross, Mamoswine, Ninjask, Salamence, Togekiss, Weavile, Yanmega, and Zapdos. Which can be a lot of Pokemon to hit, Rock Head also helps with the recoil of Double-Edge. I will not be taking out Aggron since he is my favorite, and I would like to keep him. He has gotten me out of many situations before, so I plan on not taking him out, and I know he is outclassed by many, but I intend on using my favorite Pokemon.
    ---​

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP/ 216 Def/ 52 SAtk
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Roar
    - Ice Beam
    - Earthquake
    - Hydro Pump​

Use Roar once Azelf sets up Stealth Rock, and Forretress hopefully layers some Spikes. Once that is up, he can weaken the team easily, and can give me an overview of what the opposing team is like so I can help the other team members survive to exploit the opposing team's weakness. Ice Beam covers Aerodactyl, Breloom, Celebi, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Ninjask, Salamence, Togekiss, Yanmega, and Zapdos. Which can be very helpful to cover his 400% weakness to Grass, and Earthquake can damage Electivire, Heatran, Infernape, Jirachi, Jolteon, Lucario, Magnezone (if it does not use Magnet Rise), Metagross (if he does not use Magnet Rise), Tentacruel, and Tyranitar. Earthquake also comes with his STAB and can be great with his high Attack. Hydro Pump can also be Surf, but I like extra Base Power (but I am sacrificing some Accuracy), so it hurts Aerodactyl, Donphan, Dugtrio, Gliscor, Heatran, Hippowdon, Infernape, Mamoswine, and Tyranitar.
    ---​

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Def/ 80 SAtk/ 176 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Seismic Toss
    - Wish
    - Softboiled
    - Ice Beam​

This fat queen is an amazing Special Wall, and gives me some Wish Support. Seismic Toss covers anything that resists Ice Beam, and can dent those Pokemon can boost their stats. Wish gives great support to my team that can slowly faint with Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Toxic Spikes, and also can heal Salamence's Life Orb recoil. Softboiled is for Blissey herself since both healing moves may go out with their low PP, if predicted correct, it can heal amazingly. Ice Beam covers Aerodactyl, Breloom, Celebi, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Ninjask, Salamence, Togekiss, Yanmega, and Zapdos. 252 Defense EVs hopefully can help Blissey survive a few Physical hits without instantly dieing.
    ---​

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 80 Atk/ 252 SAtk/ 176 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Brick Break
    - Roost
    - Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor​

Brick Break helps with these Pokemon: Blissey, Heatran, Lucario, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Porygon-Z, Snorlax, Tyranitar, and Weavile. Roost helps recover his recoil from Life Orb if Blissey if knocked out and Fire Blast dents Breloom, Bronzong, Celebi, Forretress, Heracross, Jirachi, Lucario, Magnezone, Mamoswine, Metagross, Ninjask, Scizor, Skarmory, and Yanmega. The following EVs help him outspeed Lucario and OHKO him with Fire Blast, and Draco Meteor covers Dragonite, Kingdra, and enemy Salamence. Downfall is that it sharply lowers his Special Attack, but can hurt anything! Life Orb also can give an extra bang in his attack to do even more, so you must watch out for this dragon!
    ---​

No! Don't use DD Gyara!

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/ 96 Atk/ 160 Def
    IVs: 0 Spd
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Explosion​

Rapid Spin away opposing Spikes and such then set up my own Spikes, hopefully layering up to three! Gyro Ball goes to powerful damage with his STAB and 0 Speed IVs, and Relaxed Nature lowers it even more. Gyro Ball also covers Aerodactyl, Mamoswine, Tyranitar, and Weavile. Explosion is great choice to do once he has set up everything and he is weak, but can be a bad choice if there is a Pokemon on the opposing team that has Rapid Spin.
    ---​

-------------------------------------------
    Pokemon Roles

Spoiler:
    Typing

Spoiler:

Threats

Spoiler:

Possible Plug-Ins

Spoiler:

Changes Made

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ice Punch covers Aerodactyl, Breloom, Celebi, Donphan, Dragonite, Dugtrio, Gliscor, Hippowdon, Ninjask, Salamence, Togekiss, Yanmega, and Zapdos.
    I stopped reading there. Every single one of those pokemon outspeeds you and has a potential to OHKO you (except for Ninjask and Yanmega nad maybe Zapdos). This is also the same for
    Double-Edge hurts the Pokemon that resist his other moves, while Stone Edge dents Dragonite, Gyarados, Heracross, Mamoswine, Ninjask, Salamence, Togekiss, Weavile, Yanmega, and Zapdos.
    Just because it's your favourite it doens't make it any better than it is. Aggron is UU because of it's horrible defensive typing, sporting a pathetic 4x weakness to the (arguably) two most common attack types in the metagame: Fighting and Ground. I'm serious. It sucks. Use it at your peril.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So, how to you plan to handle said DD Gyarados whom was mentioned in the thread title ? That and your entire team is outsped and OHKO'd my Mixape.

You may want to look into that and look for some possible checks and revenge killers in addition to maybe looking over other large threats in the metagame most of which your team cannot currently handle. Threat lists are useful for this.

Im not liking this whole "my only offense is Mixmence and a CB Aggron" that really aint gonna cut it. In this metagame go either full stall or full offense , balanced doesnt work since foe stall owns you and foe offense owns you too. Sticking to a play style and executing a strategy is how you win in DPPt.

I think alot of the dead weight needs to be cut aka Forry (1 sr weak really desnt warrant rapid spin and this isnt a stall team which makes forry kinda uneeded) and replace other things for superior options aka CB Rhyperior is superior to CB Aggron.

I know that was worded a little badly, but im not seeing what this team "does" i suppose.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I stopped reading there. Every single one of those pokemon outspeeds you and has a potential to OHKO you (except for Ninjask and Yanmega nad maybe Zapdos). This is also the same for Just because it's your favourite it doens't make it any better than it is. Aggron is UU because of it's horrible defensive typing, sporting a pathetic 4x weakness to the (arguably) two most common attack types in the metagame: Fighting and Ground. I'm serious. It sucks. Use it at your peril.

You know the whole purpose of CBers is to hit them switching in, right? I'm not disagreeing that Aggron sucks, but 110 base attack matches Lucario and all of those things get owned switching in. It's not like he's going to try to launch Stone Edge while it's up against SDcross ._.

Dark_Azelf is largely right though. The only "balanced" kind of team that works is bulky offense. Azelf should be removed seeing as nothing on your team really needs or uses Stealth Rock very well. It's not worth starting the match off 5-6 at the very least. I'd use Stealth Rock >>> Hydro Pump on Swampert since Hydro Pump is lol. Forretress is in the same boat largely, and should be removed for a sweeper that isn't set up on so horribly. I'm largely skeptical of Swamperts spot as well, especially since it's not the all-purpose electric counter it was before Platinum.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • keke can aggron actually switch into the highest OU usages? even blissey can own aggron lol

azelf, celebi, jirachi, rotom, snorlax,, magnezone, dusknoir, cresselia, porygon-z, ninjask and yanmega are just about the only OUs i can think of that aggron can switch in on but none of them are actually SAFE to switch in on anyway!

in a gimmicky team, aggron could work.

Years
  • You could always run with CB Rhyperior. It has better typing and Solid Rock causes it to have a far better chance switching in. Rock and Ground and a great offensive pair, so you can wreak havok. Rhyperior almost looks the same, so you could seriously consider running it. For the record, Rhyperior now has access to Superpower, thanks to Platinum.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • I see why you don't want an opponent to bring in DD Gyara. It blows half your team to smithereens. Waterfall takes off more than half of Forry's HP off while Explosion (considering Intimidate) can't KO back. :\ Blissey can't do crap in terms of damage and is more than likely to be set up upon without T-Bolt. :\

That, and D_A's Mixape. xD

Years
  • I'm thinking lead with Swampert and put Cresselia/ScarfTran/Gar over Azelf (Depending on whether you want Defensive or Offensive additions.)

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    IMO Aggron has horrible typing, you can't expect it to wall with its 180 Defense stat with all those Surf and EQ running around could you? But if that's what you choose then so be it.

And yeah, D_A's MixApe can rip through this--> And with two NPlots set up, it could tear through Swampy there.

I think Rapid is useless there cause overlook seems it isn't a bit a stall team.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
  • Rhyperior > Aggron, it has far better typing, Solid Rock helps out more than you think, and it has one of the most unpredictable and versatile movepools ever. Platinum even made Rhyperior more versatile than he was, now he has Aqua Tail and Superpower to play with. Consider Rhyperior, please.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I see a great DD Gyrados weakness, Scizor with Bullet Punch and Infernape weakness.

Back