• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen NO ELITE FOUR... tournament style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • It'd sorta break tradition, though this is BW, and traditions could easily be broken. Still, to have a tournament where the opponents are randomly generated to stay fresh… you'd still need to have memorable people. I mean, the Elite Four itself are pretty memorable since they have personalities and such, and trainers… mostly don't.

I dunno, I think if there was no Elite Four and just a tournament challenge in the end, it'd mean several painful battles to get to the top than just five. Rather than replace them, what if there was this whole "once every ___ weeks/months/years" associated to a sidequest sort of tournament? That'd make it feel interesting. On top of that, it'd add more than the Elite Four to the "ultimate goal" of the games.
    I like this idea a lot, I would also love to see the Battle Dome return.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • The games are meant to be completely diffrent and distinct from the anime, there will be an Elite Four, and there will be a Dark Gym..... well, we hope.....

polkop

LSHMSFOAIDMT
    Years
  • That will be totally awesome.
    When you re-challenge the tournament, you always battle against different people.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Yes, but in the Anime the tournament is only to see whose capable of battling against the E4.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I think there should be a tournament you fight in to QUALIFY for the Elite Four like in the anime

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    People suggest this before every game that comes out. And, yet, it hasn't happened.

The Gyms and Elite Four system are part of the backbone of the games. I don't see them ever getting changed. Some things shouldn't be changed just for the sake of saying "Look, it's different!".

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 6, 2012
    This might happen. Keep the traditional elite four and add in the tournament mode as an extra. You know, tournament mode has been in Pokemon Battle Revolution, in Crystal colosseum.

TheNewRocketMovement

Nothing suits me like a suit.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I'd like to see them have both tournaments and an elite four in Black and White, here's what I'd like to see.

After 4 badges you can compete in the Bronze tournament.
    After 6 badges you can compete in the Silver tournament.
    After 8 badges you can compete in the Gold tournament.
    Then after beating all three tournaments, you face the Elite Four.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • I like the idea of the tournament, but I dont think it would fit nicely with E4 and champion, Id love to see it as a part of a story that has nothing to do with pokemon league, maybe something after u beat the elite four. But not in the way like battle frontier, it should have its own story too. a new challenge besides pokemon league.

maybe they add an extra area, in which they could make something like this

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I like the above idea. However, I like how it was explained in the R/S Chapter of Pokemon Special/Adventures.

They had it that, if you won the tournament, you weren't champion until you battled the Elite Four, then the Champion, and won.

And you could have it where, during the tournament all pokemon are fully restored after each battle, but the Elite Four is just like all previous ones - no healing, etc.

A message for the OP: Why put "NO ELITE FOUR", instead of "No Elite Four?". In my eyes, at least, you look immature doing that.

Years
  • I like the idea of the tournament, but I dont think it would fit nicely with E4 and champion, Id love to see it as a part of a story that has nothing to do with pokemon league, maybe something after u beat the elite four. But not in the way like battle frontier, it should have its own story too. a new challenge besides pokemon league.

maybe they add an extra area, in which they could make something like this
    I agree, this would be an excellent thing to add as a post-game quest. I also like the Bronze, Silver, and Gold tournament idea.

Matt-O

The King's Shadow
    Years
  • I think a tournament of 32 people would be good. 16 is a bit small for me and 64 is too much. 32 would be 5 rounds so about the same as the E4 but just a bit less predictable. Besides, we can't be the only trainer running around with the goal of becoming champ.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think a tournament of 32 people would be good. 16 is a bit small for me and 64 is too much. 32 would be 5 rounds so about the same as the E4 but just a bit less predictable. Besides, we can't be the only trainer running around with the goal of becoming champ.
    We aren't...but we beat them all in the Victory Road and they realize they are too weak to go on if they can't beat us...some are lost in the cave >_>

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
    Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    i thgink ur pokemon should be healed after each match but u cant use revives or items from ur bag, only hold items

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back