• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No leave my threads alone!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • I occasionally make threads, and usually there's no problem with them getting closed or moved except when someone decides to post in them three or four months later.

I really try to avoid having them locked if at all possible.

Years
  • It happens to me, once in a rather long while. Sometimes whenever I just post a thread and logout, I always get nervous and jittery because I don't know whether I might have done something wrong. Especially if its nighttime, I get a serious dose of insomnia, like real serious (normal insomnia+added stress insomnia=bad bad bad :x) I don't post threads often, so I don't have such issues. I don't really care if its merged or moved. Usually I'll be like "Oh why didn't I think of that place to put it?" or "Dang, I didn't see that thread." It's embarrassing of course, cos I don't wanna look like a newbie and all. x3

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Here: No, considering that the only thread that I've made here was my welcome thread O.o
    Other forums: In the past, I've had a few locked threads (around 7 across several other forums), but none of them were moved nor deleted.

Either way, I don't really mind what happens to my threads.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I don't believe I've ever had any threads of mine locked (Threads being closed due to sheer size doesn't count, as was the case with a couple of DCC threads). Maybe one or two moved way back in my n00b days perhaps, but to be honest it's not a big deal really.

Generally I am careful about things. I don't start threads very often, and when I do I make damn sure I'm not starting a duplicate of anything still alive.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • In all my time here I think that I can recall a single thread that I created that was locked. It was actually a birthday thread, but the how and why of its locking is ancient history not worth dredging up. Other than that, I've always been very rule-oriented, thoughtful in thread creation, and even now it's my hope never to create unnecessary work for the staff. I moved and locked enough threads in my day to know that it can be a pain, heh.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • If it gets locked or something I might get mad at first until I realize that the mod was completely right and it should have been locked.

Moved doesn't make me feel anything. But to prevent it I will post in the "where do I post this" thread if it's something that could go in two places.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I rarely get my threads locked nowadays and same with moved. But I'd say out of the two, my threads get moved more :<

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    Yeah it happens to me sometimes, but I had it when I put it on the wrong section or they have already been make:(

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    It dosent happen to me much because I dont make alot of threads, thats one of the reasons why I suppose. Sometimes, I have an idea for a good thread but am afraid the mods wont like it so I end up not making the thread at all. Its kinda sad.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I can't even remember having a thread locked / moved unless I asked the moderator. In graphics and photography, I asked for old galleries or shops to be closed, but that doesn't really count.

But yeah, I wouldn't really want it to happen, bit paranoid like others have said, but if it happened, I'd probably just shrug it off, especially moving them. But yeah.

Back