• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[No Time For Losers] Champion Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Welcome! :3 Unfortunately, Mewtwo isn't a Pokemon owned by a Champion :( You're welcome to pick another one though!

Basically, a rundown of the tournament-style is that trainers from across the region all come to the tournament area wishing to become the Champion, and instead of fighting all 8 Gym Leaders, they fight each other. Whoever wins gets the opportunity to fight the Elite Four and the Champion.
Lololol.... *headdesk*

I'm going to choose Tyranitar then. Red's rival has it in the second rematches in FRLG.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Partner: Lucario
How do you feel about the current topic? Do you prefer the game or the anime Champion?

To me, I feel like I like the game version more because I have no tv to watch those anime shows..

That's unfortunate! :( But you can find both the anime and manga...around, lol. I would suggest at least reading the manga, it's really good :3

Looks like the discussion has died down, how about a new one?

What extra responsibilities do you think a Champion should have other than accepting challengers? Do you think they should have duties around the Region as well, such as the duties a Miss America winner would have?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
What extra responsibilities do you think a Champion should have other than accepting challengers? Do you think they should have duties around the Region as well, such as the duties a Miss America winner would have?

Well don't really know about Miss America cause I ain't from there.
Hard question this is, maybe hosting and being there for really big trainer tournaments and such, maybe?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well, for example Miss America visits a lot of charities, gives a lot of speeches about world peace and stuff like that. She can go to different places and preside over them, basically make her presence known in places where people would care for her reign as Miss America. Most champions seem to either randomly wander, train somewhere, or just wait for the trainer, which makes me wonder if they do other things to help out the region or if that's all they do.

I could see them being there for trainer tournaments, definitely. :3 Even outside the Pokemon League one, he could probably show up and watch some gym battles as well, that way he could get to know the competition at least a bit. Unless the Champion is expected to be able to handle anything without warning?

Skip Class

Years
Well probably not do what Red does and hides in a mountain for god knows how long xD
I guess wandering around and watching trainers battle to see the current competition seems understandable.
Maybe talking to young kids at PokeSchool about advice and things when they get to that age and about the importance of becoming a trainer (idk xD?)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Hahah yeah, I can definitely see that. Although Lance might look a bit strange in a school...maybe he buys all those capes to hand out to little kids who want to be like him?

Skip Class

Years
oooh sign me up for that! I want a cool cape like lance does xD Different colors or shall they only come in one?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Haha I so can't see Lance doing that kind of thing... then again, I'm most familiar with PokéSupe!Lance. HGSS!Lance would probably be all for it.

Other responsibilities... I feel like the Champion should be the one to do like an annual report on the region's official gyms, make sure things are being run properly and matches judged fairly, that sorta thing. The Champion should also preside over the conferences and all. More of an honorary thing, but sort of symbolic.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I've been meaning to join this ever since it was made, but toally forgot. :(
Oh well, for Steven!
Name: Spinosaurus
Favorite Champion:
Steven
Partner:
Cradily

We're talking about Lance now huh? I think his HGSS design is way beyond cool, something you'd expect from a "final boss" or a "champion". My problem with Lance though is his personality, I don't think it reflects his HGSS design very well. I mean, when I look at Lance, I see "evil" and "hatred". (I know that's what Lance basically is in the Yellow manga, but I didn't like how he looked there though and his abilities were just dumb imo. lol) That's why I really don't like Lance much, but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
HAI SPINO

I get what you mean, I think. In HGSS he was all "Hey you let's catch bad guys together! :D" I kinda got the impression of a childish and hyper guy rather than... aloof champion/slightly evil dude. ACTUALLY now that I think about it he acts a bit like Ash. :x At least, that's how I see it. I may be remembering so wrong it's not even funny.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Haha I so can't see Lance doing that kind of thing... then again, I'm most familiar with PokéSupe!Lance. HGSS!Lance would probably be all for it.

Other responsibilities... I feel like the Champion should be the one to do like an annual report on the region's official gyms, make sure things are being run properly and matches judged fairly, that sorta thing. The Champion should also preside over the conferences and all. More of an honorary thing, but sort of symbolic.

Omg I would love that, even in a game. Walking in and seeing the Champion overlooking some Gym Battles, just to make sure they're fair, etc. Well...as far as they can be considering you're challenging the leader on their own turf. xD;;

Do you think Clyde gets evaluated as well? (Clyde being the "Hey, Champ!" guy in gyms, he got a name in B/W)

I've been meaning to join this ever since it was made, but toally forgot. :(
Oh well, for Steven!
Name: Spinosaurus
Favorite Champion:
Steven
Partner:
Cradily

We're talking about Lance now huh? I think his HGSS design is way beyond cool, something you'd expect from a "final boss" or a "champion". My problem with Lance though is his personality, I don't think it reflects his HGSS design very well. I mean, when I look at Lance, I see "evil" and "hatred". (I know that's what Lance basically is in the Yellow manga, but I didn't like how he looked there though and his abilities were just dumb imo. lol) That's why I really don't like Lance much, but that's my opinion.

Welcomeee Spino :33

Lance is interesting in that he has very different personalities depending on where you encounter him...I'm not really sure how he is in the anime, but at least in the manga and games he's quite different. I feel like they didn't want the Champion to be scary so they made him nice, but they wanted him to be "cool" and something that 10-year-old boys would see and think "I want to be that!" so they try to become the champion.

Which is why having a girl champion is such a great step forward imo. :3

HAI SPINO

I get what you mean, I think. In HGSS he was all "Hey you let's catch bad guys together! :D" I kinda got the impression of a childish and hyper guy rather than... aloof champion/slightly evil dude. ACTUALLY now that I think about it he acts a bit like Ash. :x At least, that's how I see it. I may be remembering so wrong it's not even funny.

No, that's how I think of him too, lol. I thought of him as really, really friendly and happy and stuff like that, not like a Champion but like he wanted to be your friend...kind of. It's hard to explain, lol.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
ooh here's an interesting club. I'l join.

Name: Why is this a field? Okjoek

Favorite Champion: Wallace (I know I'l be hated for this but I can't go with the crowd on everything, besides he's much better than that joke Alder.)

Partner: Milotic

Though for the topic that's the only good thing I liked about alder is the way his plot worked throughout the game, but when it comes to pokemon move aside and let a real champion in. I can go on forever on how you can improve your team.

The thing is I like wallace because emerald was my first game and he just got so much more potential I belive for the hoenn remake as champion. The only things I would change in his team are:

-Give him a swampert rather than a whiscash. What lance is the only champion allowed to have a starter? Swamert is a beast!

- Replace wailord with kingdra. The first pokemon to go out should be the one with the least weaknesses. Kingdra only has one. I liked that fact about cynthia's spiritomb and that alder chould've had an elektross.

- teach gyarados some more physical moves to go along with dragon dance. Surf and hyper beam are useless on a gyarados.

-Just as a personal preferance I'd switch tentacruel out for a lanturn for better covrage and moves but one can't deny tentacruel's higher base stats aswell.

I enjoy being a team critique for NPCs for some reason. So I'l give an analysys of some changes I'd make with Alder next.

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Sign me in please!!
Name: DarkAlucard (Edward)
Favorite Champion: Blue & Lance
Partner: Charizard

As the top trainer of each region, I think that every Champion has to have a lot of social duties, like help Police Dept. with some criminal affairs, in case of a dissaster, help the citizens that are affected, chase the evil Team of the region (like Lance and Alder do).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Sign me in please!!
Name: DarkAlucard (Edward)
Favorite Champion: Blue & Lance
Partner: Charizard

As the top trainer of each region, I think that every Champion has to have a lot of social duties, like help Police Dept. with some criminal affairs, in case of a dissaster, help the citizens that are affected, chase the evil Team of the region (like Lance and Alder do).

Welcome!

Yeah, this is true. Outside of things like checking up on leaders and such, they're definitely seen as the 'ruling force' in their regions, like it's their duty to act as police force and detective and vigilante. xD But considering how lax the police are in Pokemon, what can you do?

ooh here's an interesting club. I'l join.

Name: Why is this a field? Okjoek

Favorite Champion: Wallace (I know I'l be hated for this but I can't go with the crowd on everything, besides he's much better than that joke Alder.)

Partner: Milotic

Though for the topic that's the only good thing I liked about alder is the way his plot worked throughout the game, but when it comes to pokemon move aside and let a real champion in. I can go on forever on how you can improve your team.

The thing is I like wallace because emerald was my first game and he just got so much more potential I belive for the hoenn remake as champion. The only things I would change in his team are:

-Give him a swampert rather than a whiscash. What lance is the only champion allowed to have a starter? Swamert is a beast!

- Replace wailord with kingdra. The first pokemon to go out should be the one with the least weaknesses. Kingdra only has one. I liked that fact about cynthia's spiritomb and that alder chould've had an elektross.

- teach gyarados some more physical moves to go along with dragon dance. Surf and hyper beam are useless on a gyarados.

-Just as a personal preferance I'd switch tentacruel out for a lanturn for better covrage and moves but one can't deny tentacruel's higher base stats aswell.

I enjoy being a team critique for NPCs for some reason. So I'l give an analysys of some changes I'd make with him next.

Welcome! (P.S. It's a field because some people don't want to be called by their usernames :( ) (P.P.S. Alder ;____;)

Your post brings up an interesting new topic: If you could change your favorite Champion's team, how would you change it?

Personally, I would start by changing out the Vanilluxe for a Water type that could take out his Fire weakness somewhat, maybe an Alomomola since they're so rare and not shown off in the game. The only other real thing I would do would be to switch out Druddigon for Haxorus because Haxorus is at least 20% cooler. I can see why most of the Pokemon are what he has, but those two I think would do a bit better.

Years
Name: Karpman
Favorite Champ: Cynthia
Partner Mon: Garchomp
If you could change your favorite Champion's team, how would you change it?: I wouldn't change it at all, I love Cynthia's team.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
Your post brings up an interesting new topic: If you could change your favorite Champion's team, how would you change it?

Personally, I would start by changing out the Vanilluxe for a Water type that could take out his Fire weakness somewhat, maybe an Alomomola since they're so rare and not shown off in the game. The only other real thing I would do would be to switch out Druddigon for Haxorus because Haxorus is at least 20% cooler. I can see why most of the Pokemon are what he has, but those two I think would do a bit better.

If I wanted to change something would be the Blue's Exeggutor. If I were him, I would choose an electric pokemon.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I disagree, Exeggutor completes his Grass/Fire/Water Pokemon, and it's unlike Blue to not have that. Exeggutor is unique, so I wouldn't replace it.

I'd give Alder a Ferrothorn over Vanilluxe since he loses to Rock types, but then he'd be weak to fire types. So maybe Jellicent >>> Bouffalant. That's the only thing I'd change. (I just realized I gave Alder a GFW Pokemon lol.)

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
I disagree, Exeggutor completes his Grass/Fire/Water Pokemon, and it's unlike Blue to not have that. Exeggutor is unique, so I wouldn't replace it.

I'd give Alder a Ferrothorn over Vanilluxe since he loses to Rock types, but then he'd be weak to fire types. So maybe Jellicent >>> Bouffalant. That's the only thing I'd change. (I just realized I gave Alder a GFW Pokemon lol.)

But Exeggutor is so ugly u.u
Yeah I can see your point. Still don't like Exeggutor on Blue's team:
003.png
Great

006.png
Superb

009.png
Bulky pkmn

018.png
Big Claws

065.png
What can I say? Best pokemon on Blue's team

112.png
Great Wall

059.png
Big Dog/Lion FTW

103.png
o.O a tree??

Note: my point of view is just in the cool looking aspect. I know that Exeggutor is a great pokemon n.n

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Name: Karpman
Favorite Champ: Cynthia
Partner Mon: Garchomp
If you could change your favorite Champion's team, how would you change it?: I wouldn't change it at all, I love Cynthia's team.

Go away Welcome Karp! :33 How do you feel about Cynthia's switches between Plat and B/W from Roserade and Togekiss to Braviary and Eelektross?

If I wanted to change something would be the Blue's Exeggutor. If I were him, I would choose an electric pokemon.

I can see where you're coming from there, the rest of his team seems to make obvious sense except for that one. xD If you were going to change it, what would you change it to?

Ahhhh I loooove Ferrothorn. Yeah he already has two x2 and one x4 weakness to Fire though, just like Rock...poor Alder :( Jellicent I think would be good but I'm not sure if I can see him with one for some reason. Since he's post-E4 I also wouldn't have minded him having some non-Unova Pokemon tbh xD

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
Years
I can see where you're coming from there, the rest of his team seems to make obvious sense except for that one. xD If you were going to change it, what would you change it to?

The Jolteon that he uses on Pokemon Yellow seems a great option. Or the Electivire that he has on the anime seems pretty well too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back