• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Not a Chancy in the world.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    PazzKat said:
    Oh come on, you guys are SO sad. You need to realize something. Even though you are more likely to catch Chansey with a rock to the forehead, Chancey is too peace loving to stay and fight. (Most of the time) What you Ought' to do is throw bait, safari ball, safari ball, bait, safari ball, safari ball, etc. The bait keeps her there and the balls try to capture her. Try holding Select+A+B also, it increases chances sometimes. In order to save Safari 'time' get where Chanser appear, stay in ONE square of grass, and just rotate your P.O.V. That way, time is not lost, and you can stay as long as you can keep in that grass square. GOOD LUCK! Tee hee. ^_^

lol we're sad!, this coming from the person who still believes the old A+B+SEl combo

Neko Keeshi

ub3r l33t n00b
    Years
    Quote from an email from Nintendo.com(the nintendo gameboy news site)

"New to the catch-'em-all rage? Having trouble catching that elusive wild Pok?mon? Then try this trick, pardner. 1. Throw a ball at the Pok?mon. Any ball will work, but a more powerful one improves your odds. 2. The instant the ball explodes, press and hold the B Button. 3. Release B when the ball wobbles a second time. This trick isn't foolproof, but it dramatically increases your odds of a successful capture. You don't need to weaken a Pok?mon beforehand, but some Pok?mon, such as Mewtwo and Zapdos, need to first be put to sleep. "

if anyone wants proof, I will give you a screen shot of the email.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
    Hey hey! I didn't really say I beleived it...or well I did. But I didn't CARE about it, I tried it a couple times sure, but other wise i just walked around throwing pokeballs at everything in my path (Yes in some cases I wasn't paying attention and tried to capture trainer's pokemon) It doesn't really matter or not...especially since you can purchase MORE then 99 of one type of item. (Currently has 495 pokeballs) Anyways, if it makes you feel better, then do it, if it doesn't and you hate nintendo for saying it works, then just be quiet and let the beleivers have their joy PLEASE! ^_^

KaeL

Nooblet
    Years
    Just some help, i no this sounds stupid and fake, but if i press up+a b a b a b repeatedly, and it gets past the first roll, i usually catch it.

Years
    I read at a pokemon gameboy site (dont remimber the site name) and it said that pressing any buttons while in the process of throwing a ball will do absolutely nothing, so Im going with that and not going to believe anything else that any one says.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    give me the link to the OFFCIAL site then and i will give you an OFFCIAL apology from me but until then i stand strong on what i said

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Button tricks DO NOT WORK. Like it was said, it's all a psychological effect. I got the e-mail, Nintendo are just being retards

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    Actually from what I've read it does seem to work, I have quite a few friends who believe in it and they've caught some of the harder-to-catch legends (we're talking no sleep or paralyze, full health) (and just rare pokemon) easily this way. If Nintendo really did put that out, then there probably is some truth to it.

Kenta-kun

死神
    Years
    Believe what you want. I've tried it, just in case, on each Legendary I've encountered, and not once has it worked. I think, just to be on the safe side, you should stick to the tried-and-true method of weakening, paralyzing, & then throwing Ultra Balls

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    I didn't say I used that method, and it's not the holding B version; my friends use something similar... but hey, like I said, I have no clue since I don't use it myself. Yes, I will believe what I choose. ^.^

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    That does not work. I stopped beliveing it in RS, and me being so unlucky, It took me a week tring to catch Rayquaza, and I was doing that the entire time. It does not work, at all. Since I have no luck, I'm still trying to get Chansey.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
    Years
    DarkLink said:
    That does not work. I stopped beliveing it in RS, and me being so unlucky, It took me a week tring to catch Rayquaza, and I was doing that the entire time. It does not work, at all. Since I have no luck, I'm still trying to get Chansey.
    Good for you and your non beleiving-ness, but for those who do..don't bash them please, just be curteous, nod your head slowly, roll your eyes and don't type anything. Their choice if they want to beleive it, just don't yell at them for it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    It's all psychological. A psuedo effect in your head. Anything that's "official in-game info" from Nintendo can also be given the name "worthless pile of dung" in my opinion.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Button bashing creates an image in your head that you will catch the Pokemon if you bash the buttons. Unless the buttons magically program themselves to help a PokeBall stay closed, they do not do anything! Capiche (sp? o_O)

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    Okay for one, I don't bash my SP's buttons; two, I didn't say I even used the button "trick", and three, don't flame people; if they wanna do it, let them do it. Has an actual psychological test been given to prove that this whole button-catch thing is really all that it is ?? Or has it been proven that it really doesn't work ?
    I didn't think so.

So you can stop bashing me and anyone else here whom has the right to state their beliefs and opinions. Besides, chatting is all for fun anyway. :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    There's a difference between belief and fact. The buttons are not programmed to help a PokeBall shut. Nintendo have even admitted that. Anything you do do, DOES create a psychological effect, since you believe you will catch it, when there really isn't a much more of a chance than without pressing the buttons.

If it does work - then it's really down to pure luck. I once caught a Ho-oh by chucking an Ultra Ball when it had full HP - that's luck. Also - we're not flaming you. We're telling you in the nicesest possible way... without the need for everything to be capitalised and so on and so forth... ^_^

PsychicStar

E.S.P. Type Pokemon
    Years
    I understand the difference between belief and fact. More than you would ever know, especially for my age. :P

And in this case, like I said, I don't even use the button trick; I was standing up for the others by saying, don't bash em for what they believe. They wanna do it, let them. :P

I believe we should stop this discussion, at least I am. (Being nice is knowing when to stop and making your opinion with a polite gesture of words) After all, it's immature and pointless to continue debating on something no-one can prove.

Last edited:
    Back