• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Not a Chancy in the world.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Even though it has been proven... we should stop anyways - this is supposed to be about Chansey - not psycological effects of button bashing ^_^.

Does anyone here use Chansey/Blissey in their teams in-game and in Bots like NetBattle?

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    Even though it has been proven... we should stop anyways - this is supposed to be about Chansey - not psycological effects of button bashing ^_^.

Does anyone here use Chansey/Blissey in their teams in-game and in Bots like NetBattle?

Are you kidding? Blissey is perhaps one of the most overused normal types, simply because of it's huge HP and Special Defence. They are next to impossible to take down with Special Attacks, forcing you to use physical sweepers like Machamp and Aerodactyl (but beware of Counter). Of course, Blissey is often partnered with Skarmory, as a way to defend against any physical attacks, making the dreaded combination known as Skarmbliss (which is actually losing it's power since everyone seems to have a way to destroy Skarmbliss nowadays, at least on NB).

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    still on the luck subject, my brother is the luckiest guy i know. he managed to get my moltres within 10 seconds, after i had been trying for hours. he has major luck with video games. also, is there any other way to get chansey? back in the day, you could get one in unknown cave (the one with mewtwo)....or i think where you could get ditto.... can u do that in fr/lg?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I don't think you can. According to the PokeDex (and some guide on GameFAQs) on FRLG, Chansey can only be found in the Safari Zone.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    i just caught a chancey i gave it 1 bait and threw some safari balls ,then when it said chansey i watching or whatever i threwe anothe bait and then 3 balls and i caught it.

attacks were softboiled,minimize,doubleslap,and recover or relenquish (i cant remember ill edit in a min when i see .)

p.s. i've caught all the safari zone pokemon ,,and that button stuff i dont believe it nintendo el' say stuff like that

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    You know, in Gold I "discovered" that if you press and hold Start and Select the moment the ball appears on the screen, you will catch the Pok?mon if it's a level 15 female Butterfree in the Bug-Catching Contest, but not if it's anything else.

...for short, that B trick is a coincidence.

Anyway, I remember catching Chansey on Yellow by throwing Ball - Rock - Ball - Rock - Ball and so on. But of course it's just a matter of luck...

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Neko Keeshi said:
    Quote from an email from Nintendo.com(the nintendo gameboy news site)

"New to the catch-'em-all rage? Having trouble catching that elusive wild Pok?mon? Then try this trick, pardner. 1. Throw a ball at the Pok?mon. Any ball will work, but a more powerful one improves your odds. 2. The instant the ball explodes, press and hold the B Button. 3. Release B when the ball wobbles a second time. This trick isn't foolproof, but it dramatically increases your odds of a successful capture. You don't need to weaken a Pok?mon beforehand, but some Pok?mon, such as Mewtwo and Zapdos, need to first be put to sleep. "

if anyone wants proof, I will give you a screen shot of the email.

i remember catching zapdos without having it asleep, and using a great ball (once) with it's hp half full ._.
    i didnt use that technique.. but i did something similar.. (sorry forgot what it was.. too long ago to remember) and i caught it :3
    (fyi, i caught it in my yellow version) ._.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    The. Freaking. Button. Pressing. Is. A. Pseudo. Effect. Everything. Nintendo. Said. In. That. Email. Is. Worth. Nothing.

PERIOD.

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    you guys want to know an easier way to catch chansey just use the code
    fefb2ae9c8a1d62f it is the walk thorugh walls thing just walk around the guard and you can battle normally and if you do encounter a chansey it won't run away!!!1neither will any other pokemon and also i suggeust you get a scyther at the game coner and train to a high level and use false swipe and it won't kill it but you get the pointand so it is easier to train your pokemon use this rare candies code (both of them) 820258bc 0044 820258be 03e7
    :bandit:

seraphim

Seraphim
    Years
    i just got one!!! i tossed a bait at it, and it stayed(because sometimes it runs away), and while it was destracted with the food, i threw safari balls at it and mashed the buttons...i know it doesn't work, but mentally it helped...it was good for my ki, or something

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    mines a blissey now..... ive noticed that pressing buttons makes it even worse the ball just opens up again :\

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    I just got to Fuschia today,and the first pokemon i saw was a Chansey,i didnt catch i though cause its not that great of a pokemon battling wise.

Years
    AdamHays said:
    I just got to Fuschia today,and the first pokemon i saw was a Chansey,i didnt catch i though cause its not that great of a pokemon battling wise.

Yea I agree, but if you plan on completing your pokedex then your going to wish that you would have cought it, are at least tried to.

Back