• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Not on my Radar...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Not on my Radar...

We all live in different areas, and while most Pokémon will eventually appear everywhere, statistics says it will take some of us a little while longer to find 'em all.

Which Pokémon in the original 151 haven't you seen yet (let's just go ahead and exclude legendaries) that you're just itching to hunt down and catch?

I personally haven't seen a Farfetch'd yet. Kinda odd. Kinda want one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    There are tons of mons I have yet to see. Like... I feel like I mostly catch Rattata, Drowzee, Pidgey and Magikarp. They are everywhere, especially the Drowzee ._. Hypno is the strongest pokémon in nearly every gym here, because everybody catches so many Drowzee. So yeah, basically most I have yet to spot haha.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm actually kind of surprised by the varying rarities of the starter pokemon in this game. Around my town Squirtles are sort of hard to find, but I find at least one every day, Bulbasaur are pretty rare, I've found two around town (not including the one I picked at the start of playing GO) since I started playing. Charmander just does not exist around here. I haven't seen a single Charmander in town nor within anyone's collection (ignoring starter). I kind of really want a Charmander just to have a complete collection of starters.

I also really really want a Likitung. I have no idea if they can be found near me, but I've always really liked Likitung and I want one in my collection (having one with an awesome CP would be amazing).

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    There are also tons I have yet to see in my area. The ones that most frequent my area are Ratatat, Pidgey, Eevee, Weedle, and Venonat.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Pokémon that haven't spawned in my city yet.

Spoiler:

I caught Seel, Koffing and Exeggcute in other cities many miles away from home. I saw a Lapras, Dratini and a Tauros in my city on the nearby map but wasn't able to look for them, ie riding in a car driven by a driving service, so not sure if they were just trolls. I have seen some of these pokemon on the nearby maps when driving through cities miles away but they never appear where we're driving. They also always stay at 3 footprints so no idea where they are anyways.

One weird thing is we live near a lake and I went to one that had like 6 pokestops near it and all had the lure things going at the same time and the only things spawned were 1 Magikarp and 1 Poliwag as well as tons of Rattata, Venonat and Weedle. So the water pokemon spawning near water thing is not true.

I wish the pokemon was more even distributed. I'm starting to think the game knows were you live and will only spawn Rattata and Pidgey and Weedle near your house, then in order to find rarer pokemon you have to travel 1000's of miles away from your house. I wish evolving pokemon wasn't based on number of encounters but rather you could battle wild pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Tbh, the game is really designed for cities, which kinda pushes us rural people to the side...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Tbh, the game is really designed for cities, which kinda pushes us rural people to the side...
    I hear you, honestly. ]: I grew up in a rural area and I can't imagine trying to play this game in my home town.

Frankly, I'm getting a little fatigued by the frequent trips downtown to play the game to its fullest too. Don't get me wrong, GO is still tons of fun when it decides to play nice and work, but... I kinda just wish I could chill more at home, catch new, strong Pok?mon, and level up more significantly. Oh well. Guess I'll just keep exploring for now.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I haven't seen Pikatchu and I really want one

You can have one as your starter, I did it. You have to ignore bulbasaur, charmander and squirtle until they do appear again, and after a while a Pikachu is with them.
    I don't know if you can have one without this method?

I only got it since this evening, and as much I was impressed by the quantity of different Pokemn we could see (ex: venonat, eevee, bulbasaur, fearrow, pidgeotto, nidorino...) there is still many Pokemon to see. I feel like the bigger city have way more Pokemon than here.

Back