• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nothing will go below three steps away

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    All pokemon are three feet away and while they may move in the nearby menu, the feet will not go down.

Please someone tell me they have an answer to this problem. My game worked fine last night and I woke up this morning and everything was three feet away. I didn't think anything of it but an hour went by and nothing came close. Usually, there are spawns at least every half hour in my driveway or the bottom of my neighbor's driveway. I decided to go to my neighbor's driveway and the vulpix that was three feet away but first in the nearby menu spawned. Even if I return to that spot every so often, I can't track other pokemon that interest me in the area. I tried my account on a different device and encountered the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Mine is doing the same thing this morning. It says a Pokemon is 3 steps away and then it pops up. I think it goes down as just another glitch.

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • Yeah, mine's been doing the same. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Tbh I'd prefer it if they replaced the feet with a number of metres...

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • It's highly likely it's a mix between Internet connectivity in that particular location and delayed info from your GPS to PGO's server.

Blame satellites.

Years
  • I have this happening. I spent 30 minutes trying to find a Dratini on my radar and all the Pokemon there were 3 footprints and the only things that actually popped up on the map were ones that my radar hadn't even shown.

But that's not as bad as another thing, where I'm tracking something and it gets to 2 or even 1 footstep away and then the whole radar refreshes and a new batch of Pokemon are there and all 3 footprints away.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Same with mine today, aside from using incense for a few minutes. In general, I found that turning off LTE helps the game run smoother and loads my map better, but the three footprints thing just started happening today. Thought it was just my game being weird, but hopefully they release another update and fix it soon. x_x

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    The same thing has been happening for the whole of today for both me and my boyfriend when we went out searching together - it's really annoying! I'm assuming it's a server issue if everyone's experiencing it but hopefully it's fixed soon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2016
    I heard that if you rotate the view in a circe while having a pokemon selected on your nearby (when it shows only the 1 pokemon not all of em) when you are pointed in the right direction it will flash an outline of green, i think this is how you find what direction the specific pokemon is

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    Well yesterday was a total disaster with me and Pokemon Go. Not only did they have the 3 steps glitch which really wasn't a big thing, but every time I went on which was quite often all that was around was Rattatata, Pidgeys, and Eevees. This went on all day. Now today I get up and plan my Saturday to catch a few new Pokemon and the damn app won't even load. If this keeps up for much longer it will be see ya to the Pokemon Go App.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I'm having the same issue with my app lately. :\

I honestly don't find it as bad as some of the other glitches, but I understand everyone's frustration with it. Luckily I've already found just about all the Pokémon in my immediate area, so I don't have to track much unless I'm on an adventure somewhere. It feels like the app is getting somewhat better with the other issues though, so I have faith they'll quickly remedy this issue too.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It's still going, but I have found that regardless of the three footsteps, you still get plenty of them that pop up around you when you go for walks, and also since this glitch has started I've run into Pokemon that I hadn't seen yet. Meowth, Pikachu, Abra, and Scyther have never been in my area until now. Also incense still works pretty well.

It's annoying when you can't track a specific mon down, but if you're just out hunting for the fun of it, and don't care what you come across, it's not that bad.

Years
  • I heard that if you rotate the view in a circe while having a pokemon selected on your nearby (when it shows only the 1 pokemon not all of em) when you are pointed in the right direction it will flash an outline of green, i think this is how you find what direction the specific pokemon is

I've heard similar things from other people. When I get a chance I'm going to try this out and see if it pans out. I would really like for this to work because it would save a lot of time running in circles.

Edit: tried this out this morning and got a Squirtle right away. Haven't really had the chance to try it more, but it seems like a useful tactic.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've ran into this issue quite a few times. Did you attempt force-closing the app and starting it again? I still run into problems with 2 track and one track Pokemon completely disappearing off of my "Nearby" list.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    The whole 3 steps away for everything makes things a bit confusing for me. If I am out trying to caught a few Pokemon and a group pops up as nearby and one is one I have yet to catch and they all say 3 steps away I have no idea how far I need to go to try and catch that one. I do hope they get that fixed soon.

Chuck Palahniuk

ten question marks
    Years
  • I honestly think it's something that's going to be fixed with the next big update. Hopefully, they'll go back to showing how many meters away Pokemon are instead of using the vague step system.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • The 3 footprint thing is a bug, but its a bit game breaking as tracking is now pretty much impossible, even though it was ridiculously hard before this.

But I'm also voting for distance rather than steps, or even just make them with a N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, NW, so i know which way to walk. I'm sick of hatching 5km eggs and still not finding the pokemon im tracking

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I feel like everyone probably knows about this bug by now. It's been driving me nuts, like others have said, it takes an incredibly hard to understand tracking system and makes it downright impossible to use. I hope it gets dealt with relatively soon because right now all I can do is aimlessly wander until I randomly run into something.
    I would much rather prefer a tracking system that uses actual increments of distance instead of this annoying foot print method (which I heard was a feature in the beta).

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • I missed a Dratini on my way to work this morning because I couldn't tell which direction it was in.

Sad face.

Back