• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Now that you've played B/W...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Don't feel old to me tbh. I've been addicted to HeartGold a lot lately, and in fact just started a really long, time-consuming challenge to eat up even more time, so...yeah. Not old. But you're talking to the same person that plays RBY/GSC on a pretty daily basis...so things aren't gunna feel too old for me. :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've gone back a few times, only for some EV training and whatnot. Apart from that, haven't had much desire to return to it. I'm so used to the visual improvements of B&W that it's hard to return to those games. I felt the same way with HG&SS and D/P... they just feel so much more inferior in comparison to the newer games. Plus, as someone else mentioned... the pace of these games is SO much slower than B&W, it's hard to jump between one another for me. :P

Years
  • im not a big fan of black/white. the new pokemon seem weird and out of place. ive finished it and i might finish it again but ss is definately my favourite game

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2011
    Not old imo.

Plus the automatic running in HG/SS, the Pokémon appearances that are dependent on the time of day and the less pixelated back sprites of Pokémon are a few things HG/SS actually has over B/W.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
  • i guess they seem a bit outdated, but that's just natural. How did people feel about GSC when RSE came out. The differences were enormous, just the same as the differences now !!

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • I can't go back to playing Diamond,Pearl, and Platinum but I liked HG/SS to much to stop playing. While the battles seem a lot more slower paced and static, I still like playing through the Johto region which is why even though I have White, I won't stop playing my Soul Silver.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
  • HG/SS will never be too old for me. I liked Battle Frontier better than Battle Subway. Having rematches with trainers and Gym Leaders were awesome. I do miss Joey though. D: When I boot up my SS game, I call Joey instead of him calling me, lol.

Neeni

Stage On!
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2013
    one sec. !! @@
    so, I can't rematch gym leaders or trainers in B/W?! WTF =x
    so uncool!

well, my most favorite game would be Diamond surprisingly.. yes it has the slowest text scroll ever and no pokemon walking with you or sprites moving.. but at least it had decent battle control! I HATE not having VS. seeker in SS, calling trainers to battle is just lame + Black does not have lvl 100 WiFi battle so it took all the fun from wifi battling =[

meh. no game is perfect..

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • Now that mostly everyone has had a chance to play Black and White, what do you guys think when you go back to play this? With all the gameplay and graphical changes in black and white, and the fact that you can only find new Pokemon in them, do you find that HG and SS feel much older than they should?

I feel that way more towards my Pearl, once I finished it I have only ever touched it to receive the Pikachu colored pichu and a celebi for a friend whom still has not collected it(I have two of my own in SS and Diamond).

But yeah, I sadly lost interest in my pearl as soon as I finished it pretty much. It's not hard in any game seeing as there is nothing to do once they are finished.

As for my SS(I don't have HG yet), I have not even finished it yet. In fact I am only in Eckrotek city. I have been trying to evolve the eevee from Bill to an Umbreon for taking on Morty's gym. So it doesn't feel old to me, I still have so much to do and discover in it as well as getting myself a copy of HG someday.

Pearl, Diamond and Platinum feel old I have them all but even my barely started Diamond and Platinum hold no appeal for me anymore.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I like the 4th gen sprites more than the 5th gen. I especially don't like scyther's 5th gen sprite. It's just sub-par IMO.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
    Years
  • I can't even touch my HG game anymore :(

I really liked it but I just can't take how slow it is D:

Ha, I remember when I picked up Black version and complained about the EXP bar moving up too fast or the battling pace being too quick but now it's grown on me.

That and I love the moving sprites. And for some reason the trainer OW sprites in HG look really squished and stuff... :(

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • Yeah, unfortunately the battling in all of the previous games are too slow for me to even be bothered with. Even though I loved my soul silver, I probably won't be playing it anymore(at least not anytime soon).

Years
  • Pokemon games are always fun to me. Although they may seem outdated, I still love playing them. I picked up a copy of Red used the other day and I've been playing it. They're fun! HG/SS doesn't feel outdated to me. The graphics aren't as pretty, the additional Pokemon aren't there, and a few things are missing, but I still enjoy it. Every Pokemon game is great.

Tilting Clock

Apricorn Fiend
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    I friggin' love my HeartGold even with all the shiny new graphical upgrades to White. The small detail of having any one of your pokemon follow behind and interact with you just makes wandering around seem so much more interesting and less lonesome. Throw in the fact that I can actually get the Pokeathlon over the silly contests and I think I'll be playing this cartridge for a while. I'll be reluctant to even migrate my pokemon into the next Gen, methinks.

Years
  • [Even though B/W both present superior game play in the graphics sector, and the storyline is quiet unique in many different aspects, I still can't bring myself to give up the old HG and SS... They've grown on me... ~,~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back