• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Now that you've played B/W...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
  • Totally agree. It just seems so slow...
    As soon as I go on SS I think; 'I could be on Black right now, watching a cooler battle scene...'
    It just doesn't hold my attention anymore.
    And the character's sprite... x_x

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i actually play my Heart Gold more than my Black. I just loved it when it came out and still do. Theres just something about it that has me hoocked on it for ever

Mozarch4

Beginer trainer
    Years
  • when i finished my white i took out the game slot put it in my desk and never look at it again, HG-SS FTW and thats probaply because i like to battle and battling in white sucks, no lvl 100 mode :( :(

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    when i finished my white i took out the game slot put it in my desk and never look at it again, HG-SS FTW and thats probaply because i like to battle and battling in white sucks, no lvl 100 mode :( :(
    yeah, i hate wifi battling in b/w. I have to level my pokes all the way to 100.
    AND I DONT USE POKESAV

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • As soon as I beat White I put it in my desk and never looked at it again. SS is just too awesome. I was hooked on the storyline, since it's so long and *cough* so much more interesting than the B/W storyline. The moving battle sprites + the move animations seem overrated, and I like it when my Pokemon followed me in SS. SoulSilver is just way better than White, and less boring, I think. (Even though I've had SS for a year now and White for a month)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I haven't finished White yet, and I haven't had a chance to play HG/SS again since getting B/W, but I imagine I'll enjoy HG/SS just as much as I did before, if not more so. I tend to play my older games fairly frequently (relative to how much time I play Pokemon in general), and the graphical changes don't bother me too much (I still like playing RBY regularly, despite the graphics and the other features that make those games out-of-date). I haven't finished everything I want to do on HG/SS yet, so I'm sure I'll continue playing for the next decade or more (however long the games/systems last).

HG/SS are remakes of my favorite games in the series, so they have a certain nostalgic value (even though they themselves are fairly new) that I'm sure will last. For now, I want to continue playing B/W, which I'm thoroughly enjoying, but there's something about the older Pokemon (first and second gen.) and the Johto region that I can't help but love.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i have HG and SS. but once i got white, i feel that there is no reason to have them anymore.
    so much so that i gave my HG to my girlfriend (who never played pokemon before in her life) and is now addicted to it.
    so at least some joy is still available in these rocks :P

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • It took me nearly 80 hours to beat the Elite 4 the first time, granted I was taking my time... I finished Black one minute short of 30 hours. and I was taking my time, Unova is HUGE, but I like SS better mainly due to my Pokemon following me around. Its the simple things in life. lol

HoopyFrood

Designated Robo-Hipster
    Years
  • HS and SS over Black and White any day.

I love my non moving sprites, my old exp system, my Bro's following me and and my non generation V pokemon (They're all ugly and/or whack). When I play White and then go back to SS I can't help but feel disapointed by White, storyline, pokemon, battling, all just seem inferior to Generation IV. I actually hate black and white, they're my least favourite games in the series, should probably get some money back for it.. I've restarted SS so many times just for the thrill of the story. B&W's is stupid, saving the world is totes not what I do in every other game.

Maybe I'm extremely conservative.

Hopefully (to me anyway) they change it back to the old system in the next games, otherwise I'm a be a sad gangster, and hoes will be slapped. With both hands.

Logan_AT

Often Lost in Thought
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    I didn't realize how much they accelerated text scrolling in B/W...but it makes the text scroll CRAWL in SS. It's also almost a relief to see my Pokemon's sprite following me around, too--there are times in B/W where i am running through the grass and i turn to talk to....my Pokemon who isn't there. I grew really fond of being able to do that and see all the different little messages that pop up--not having it in B/W is really weird.

All in all, I don't think any Pokemon game will top HGSS for me--there's just so much to do and little things that make the experience more engaging.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • When we talk about General Gameplay, Music, and Length of Story; Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver are clearly superior. When we are talking about Graphics and Realistic Dialogue; Pokemon Black and White are better.

I still prefer Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver. The Metal Generation was one that really captured the pure essence of Pokemon and we have not seen it in a while. But the Remakes were able to bring it back in a nice new Package.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • I'm playing all of them, but I notice that SS really feels weird, especially when you find out you can go anywhere (I did the memorable 'first step into Kanto' thing right after getting the Fog Badge in the playthrough I'm doing), but I also noticed that the battles are very, very slow. They're fun, but pretty slow compared to B&W or RSE.

Noob out.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
  • Well, Iost my HG a while ago, so I can't really play it anymore :x I do prefer the storyline of B/W over any of the previous game's stories, but the nostalgic factor of HG/SS is awesome too.

Years
  • Having just beaten the E4 in White and having just had my first experience of wi-fi battling I can't see myself playing White much more. The thing I loved about HGSS is that after the E4 you had pretty easy access to almost every pokemon so I spent a lot of time building wi-fi teams. I also miss pokemon following you and the ability to rematch trainers and Gym Leaders. Oh and Battle Subway has nothing on Battle Frontier.
    So yea, SS will still be my most used game. White will probably be down there with LG/FR.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2017
    Honestly, I prefer HG/SS. But that's probably only because of the nostalgia it gives me, as it reminds me of when I had my GBC when I was about 4. Ahhh, good times.

I just restarted White because I cheated because I was lazy and just cloned a pokemon with a Lucky Egg so all of my pokemon would grow faster. And I used a rebattle trainer code to raise them even faster. And now I can't even pick it up again. I prefer to play HG or SS instead.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I loved SoulSilver. There is a lot I liked about its features, etc. It will always be one of my favorite games (along with LeafGreen and Pearl) even though Black/White are really good too

Years
  • Everytime I play HG or SS, I expect the sprites to be moving :(

Thats the only thing that I can't seem to get used to, but I still love playing HG<3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back