• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Alright, I've just finished Robotic;Notes a while ago, and to be honest... I kinda like it.

It's more to the meh scale when compared to Steins;Gate, but hey, I haven't watched it for a long time, so I can't exactly compare between the two.

Steins;Gate is still better imo.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Well, at least you don't share MAL's opinion that S;G is a once in a millennia masterpiece and R;N is garbage attempting to feed of it's scraps.

I had loads of fun with Robotics;Notes.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    There are a couple more VNs in this branch of Nitroplus, Chaos;Child and Occultic;Nine are the titles. I'm not sure if the second one is out or either have been released in English but I do no that neither of them have anime series at this point in time.

We might well get more adaptations, I haven't seen any sales figures for S;G/R;N VNs before and after the anime run. I do know that the hideous Diabolik Lovers got a second season thanks to VN sales.

Candy

Years
    I tried to get into Chaos;Head way back in high school, but never could. Are the others like that? I've heard they're better either way.

C;H's plot is so nonsensical compared to R;N, just saying. There's lots of people saying that R;N's plot starts to get nonsense at the second part, but I honestly disagree. Sure, it lacks flare if you try watching it immediately after finishing S;G, but it's still fun to watch imo.

C;H though... I can't. I just can't.

I really should update my MAL ratings, 'cause I swore I would've given it a lower score than 5. Then again, it was back when my average is at 7 and 5 is already considered low to me. I need to fix that.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Finished Mawaru Penguindrum today so I'm prepping myself to watching the horrid Chaos;Head. I can't wait to see how bad it apparently really is xD

. I do know that the hideous Diabolik Lovers got a second season thanks to VN sales.

WHY JUST WHY.

Although if it gives me something to make fun of every week I can't complain can I?
    NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Candy

Years
    I'm not too sure on why people rate it ridiculously high, although I'm guilty of that myself, but it's really something when you can get the time-travel business into one that doesn't leave a lot of plot holes. It actually makes sense in terms of the S;G universe's logic, which is why I like it. The characters are also fleshed out pretty well.

That's my opinion on S;G when I first watched it blind. No reviews, no spoilers, none. The story and logic are just... really well done in my opinion. The characters are really great as well.

Well the OVA is mostly just an epilogue on what happened after everything was done anyway, so I actually enjoy watching it, to see them back into their merry lifes (and Okarin's mad scienteist persona). I can't talk about the movie since I haven't watched it yet though.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    The OVA is clearly overrated though. The IBM shorts are hit and miss depending on how much you love the characters.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    She was the main reason I didn't like it.

Well, her, Ruka, Okabe after a while, Kurisu, the shitty nyan maid and Daru.

Suzuha was literally the only likeable character. Moeka gets a pass because would fug.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Nothing like waking up and realizing you're still an episode behind on all your anime.

For example, I'll watch episode 6 the night before episode 7 airs, but I'll think I have a whole week before another episode comes out -_-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back