• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Watching Japanese live action seems stressful.

Nah it's pretty enjoyable. I guess sometimes if it's an adaptation and they either rush it or they just don't do it well - more or less movies than drama series. But there's a lot of good ones out there (not necessarily adaptations) that hit me harder emotionally than anime sometimes xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm about to make the weirdest request possible but it's been bugging me since last week. I was watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood dubbed and I recently finished it. Now there was this ONE episode that kept displaying a Black Screen with White Japanese Text on it every now and then (maybe it was one of those flashback episodes with a character's backstory or the Ishvalan war). Since I was watching it dubbed, the text did not get translated. So I've been busting my head since last week trying to find that exact episode where the text constantly appears. I really want to figure out what the text was saying so I've been checking each episode subbed and no luck.

So if anyone that watched FMA Brotherhood remembers the episode I'm talking about, please let me know lmao.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'd like to but I can't even find the episode that has it. So there's no way for me to screen cap it.

I might just have to re-watch the whole series again (not that I don't mind, it's really good lol).

Skip Class

Years
    Unfortunately haven't seen FMAB yet so can't help either :/ but I do hope you find it!

The pain of having untranslated Japanese characters in an english dub. I remember, Ouran was the first real anime I watched, and there was a lot of that in that as well and I wanted to know what they said since they didn't translate that or put english subtitles for them either.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Thanks to one of those anime q&a sites, I managed to find out I was looking for Episode 38 of Brotherhood lol. I'm glad that's over.

And yeah I know what you mean. I remember watching the original Naruto dubbed and some of the episode title screens, scrolls and signs were not translated. However when the same dub aired on Toonami, they actually edited in the Japanese text with English.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Oh dear god it's like my 4Kids days are coming back to haunt me only with German influences.

I actually enjoyed the Funimation dubbed One Piece openings but they stopped after 4.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    If we're talking dubs, the Korean Naruto openings and endings get an honorable mention.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What was it by the way...?

It was a character's (Yoki) backstory and the scene looked like one of those old time black and white films where the dialogue was written on the screen.

NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Skip Class

Years
    The only dubs I'd probably watch would be this:

Mostly for comedic purposes.

OMG I HAVEN'T SEEN EYESHIELD21 YET BUT I'M SO TEMPTED TO WATCH IT IN TAGALOG NOW xD
    Also this reminds me of Hunter X Hunter in tagalog lol

Anime dubbed in other languages that aren't Japanese or English are amusing especially when you can understand them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back