• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Nurse Joy Never-ending Bows

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
Years
  • Hello, does anyone of you guys encountered this problem?
    giphy.gif

After Nurse Joy says "We hope to see you again!", she started to act weird and do that! It also affects all animations when using HM or Field Moves.

I feel like the movement is bugged and I don't know how to fix it. Also, this error occurs after I used OWM.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hello, does anyone of you guys encountered this problem?
    giphy.gif

After Nurse Joy says "We hope to see you again!", she started to act weird and do that! It also affects all animations when using HM or Field Moves.

I feel like the movement is bugged and I don't know how to fix it. Also, this error occurs after I used OWM.

Can you share the OWM Sprite Sheet you inserted? And check what movement does Nurse Joy uses in XSE.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Lance Koijer 2.0

I don't know exactly how it works, but I know in some cases it's easiest to keep your overworld sprite at the same index number as Vanilla Fire Red. How the animation of the 10th frame (and probably other animation frames as well) of the overworld sprite behaves, is determined by its ''Shift-redraw pointer'' (as JPAN calls it in his hacked engine manual). Which will lead to a table with a whole lot of pointers for which I don't exactly know what they refer to.

So in your case it's convenient to keep Nurse Joy as sprite #64, so its 10th frame will behave the same as the original Nurse Joy in the original Fire Red. Which means she'll do a small nod after healing your Pokemon.

If this isn't what caused your problem, I have no idea. Are you sure you're using the latest version of OWM?

Lance Koijer 2.0

Lance Koijer
    Years
  • @Lance Koijer 2.0

I don't know exactly how it works, but I know in some cases it's easiest to keep your overworld sprite at the same index number as Vanilla Fire Red. How the animation of the 10th frame (and probably other animation frames as well) of the overworld sprite behaves, is determined by its ''Shift-redraw pointer'' (as JPAN calls it in his hacked engine manual). Which will lead to a table with a whole lot of pointers for which I don't exactly know what they refer to.

So in your case it's convenient to keep Nurse Joy as sprite #64, so its 10th frame will behave the same as the original Nurse Joy in the original Fire Red. Which means she'll do a small nod after healing your Pokemon.

If this isn't what caused your problem, I have no idea. Are you sure you're using the latest version of OWM?

Hi. Nurse joy's OW number didn't change and the tenth frame is the same as the original. I'm not aware though of the "shift-redraw pointer" I'll check the manual if I can find something that mifht help me there.

Back