• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OC Appreciation Thread.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    Not sure where this goes, but, I have like 25 OCs - well 26 if you count my Gem OC. And my Orikeros (Original Keronians - from Keroro Gunso/SGT Frog - a fandom I've been in since 2009).

I'm sort of converting all of my OCs into Original Original Characters, meaning characters that can be used in any situation, and not just one fandom - so meaning - any RP for any use. I hope to RP some more and develop all of them for individual purposes and make one big meta-world for them to interact with so that'll make me happier about cutting them off from their fandom-counterparts.

I'll still make fandom counterparts, so like if I wanted to make a Naruto version or a Pokemon version of them, they can still have that, but, my OCs like my Naruto and Kiyoko (which is an OC already) fanchildren, they can't really be used in anything so I have to modify them.

There are lots of characters that I need designs for, but thankfully I have money soooo.

List your OCs and some information about them. Or just talk about them below, what you like, what you don't like. Which ones you love - anyone's you plan on making in the future - etc. And not just Pokemon or anime/cartoon/game/manga/etc. I mean -original characters- used for again, any situation. And let me know if your interested in RPing original stuff so we can. I have several OCs that I have on hold for that sort of stuff, three of them are vampires, and I can go into detail if anyone's interested in learning about them or the lore in their worlds.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Err... I think this belongs in Fanfiction & Writing Writer's Lounge so I'll move it there. Bay, it's in your hands now.

Bay

Years
  • While this could fit easily in the Roleplaying section, I decided to keep it here as I think both RP and Non RP writers can benefit from discussions of the creation of original characters.

I admit for the most part the original characters I've thought of have been fandom specific. I don't think I made original characters that can encompass various fandoms/world because I would have to change their development/personality depending on what world and circumstances they're in. I'm drawing a blank since I don't have experience RPing, but I think this can apply to regular prose.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Well, at the moment, this is the OC I'm currently in the process of writing for (Link is in my signature - the early chapters are a little rough, but (I'd like to think) get better as they go)

Name: Sasha
    Species: Eevee
    Sex: Female
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Alternate Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Early life bio:
    Spoiler:

Abilities: Standard eevee moveset - most common attacks are Iron Tail, Double Team, Quick Attack and Secret Power

Special Abilities: Thanks to Arceus' Blessing, Sasha can transform into an Umbreon, which greatly magnifies her offensive and defensive capabilities. Her most common method of attack is to use Metronome and any move she uses can then be called on at will. With the help of Eviolite, she has greater control over her alternate forme and eventually control the outcome of Metronome, effectively granting her an unlimited movepool. However, the stronger the move, the worse the strain on her body, which locks off the harder hitting moves and renders her incapable of using Legendary Signature Moves.

Relationships: Had a childhood crush on a green-eyed eevee who vanished after they were taken by Team Rocket and hasn't been seen since. Sasha has had several one-off casual flings over the course of her wandering and once she was saved by Mewtwo, she grew close to him. Their relationship is an open one and both have had different partners over the course of the year they spent together, but they always come back to each other. Not helped by the fact their other partners are amused by their closeness and encourage them to get together.

-
    Probably hitting a few Mary Sue tropes, but I'd like to think I did it in a way that's interesting.
    Unlikely, but nobody is perfect and my writing style takes some getting used to, for which I apologize in advance if you're at least intrigued by the concept.

I'd love to hear feedback, although if it's on ways to improve my character, that may be a little difficult since I'm already 21 chapters into her story.

Back