• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~October Daily Chit Chat~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Care for some Tea?
    Years
    • Age 37
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 5, 2007
    I rather have a PC than a laptop. Unless I was always on the road then I would consider a laptop then.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    If I can use a mouse other than the touch pad on a laptop, I'm fine. If not, get me a desktop. Flatscreen, too. Luckily, the school has lots.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I want a desktop computer. :x Imma get one next year.

Knowing you, you'll probably spend the money on music sub-consciously ;)
    My IBM's alright, but as with most of my friends, I prefer my desktop ^^;;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Yeah, that would help a lot. Or, he could ask for a new laptop for Christmas and give me his old one. XD~
    I think he likes his laptop too much to give you his. XD

If I can use a mouse other than the touch pad on a laptop, I'm fine. If not, get me a desktop. Flatscreen, too. Luckily, the school has lots.
    Do what I did, get a nice wireless mouse. You don't have to play $40 bucks like me (I would have went for one that was $80 if I had the cash XD), most Logitch mice are good.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I think he likes his laptop too much to give you his. XD

Do what I did, get a nice wireless mouse. You don't have to play $40 bucks like me (I would have went for one that was $80 if I had the cash XD), most Logitch mice are good.

I have a wireless Logitech. I don't remember exactly how much it costed me, but it works nice. It was extremely sensitive compared to my old mouse, but it didn't take long to get adapted. I definately recommend picking one up if anyone doesn't have on already. I <3 mine. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Because of my dislike of batteries, I have blatantly avoided getting any peripheral such as a mouse or keyboard that is wireless.

And besides, I don't see any real benefit of using one over the traditional wired equipment.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Because of my dislike of batteries, I have blatantly avoided getting any peripheral such as a mouse or keyboard that is wireless.

And besides, I don't see any real benefit of using one over the traditional wired equipment.

I'm with Ray on this one. I guess I wouldn't mind having a wireless for my IBM, but otherwise, a wired mouse for my Desktop is fine. Plus, I don't like the idea of recharging/batteries, etc.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I have a wireless Logitech. I don't remember exactly how much it costed me, but it works nice. It was extremely sensitive compared to my old mouse, but it didn't take long to get adapted. I definately recommend picking one up if anyone doesn't have on already. I <3 mine. XD
    Mine came with software so I could change the settings on it to tone mine down.
    I also love mine, it's sweet. I got my buttons set up on it where it's tied into WMP (I always got a song going). It's great. XD

If you mean dislike for batteries as in they die on you too quick, then you should buy the one I got. I got my mouse around Christmas of last year. 10 months ago, and I've never changed out the batteries (the ones I got in there right now is the ones that came with the mouse). This thing is great on battary life, and if you hate wireless mice dying because of the batteries then you need this one.

Because wires tend to get in the way? XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If you mean dislike for batteries as in they die on you too quick, then you should buy the one I got. I got my mouse around Christmas of last year. 10 months ago, and I've never changed out the batteries (the ones I got in there right now is the ones that came with the mouse). This thing is great on battary life, and if you hate wireless mice dying because of the batteries then you need this one.

Because wires tend to get in the way? XD
    hmmm, well why pay extra for a wireless mouse when I can get a device that does the exact same thing for less?

hehehe, I did say no real benefit didn't I? XD

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    The one I have only uses one AA battery. I've been using the same battery since I got my computer in July. Not bad for battery life at all, if you ask me. =\

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    hmmm, well why pay extra for a wireless mouse when I can get a device that does the exact same thing for less?

hehehe, I did say no real benefit didn't I? XD
    Because I HATE wires, there. XD
    Why do you think I got a laptop? Or a $40 wireless PS2 controller (also Logitech), or a $50 wireless 360 controller? XD

The one I have only uses one AA battery. I've been using the same battery since I got my computer in July. Not bad for battery life at all, if you ask me. =\
    The one I got uses two. But I can pull one out and it'll run fine on one battary.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Why do you think I got a laptop? Or a $40 wireless PS2 controller (also Logitech), or a $50 wireless 360 controller? XD

The one I got uses two. But I can pull one out and it'll run fine on one battary.

I agree completely. Wires are so...restricting. XD

Huh. My mouse is a tad smaller than most mouses. That might be why it only uses one. o.o

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Umm, cause you're afraid of being choked to death? XD

hehehe, and now I'm just spouting crap here, but all them radiation waves being sent can't be good for your health XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wires and Batterries are so bad compaired to my DS which doesnt need either.
    ..October ish nearly over..I'll have to subscribe to a new thread XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022

I'm happy that there are no wiires on the Wii.

Nintendo did the right thing. Besides the connected analog stick, which is OK in my opinion.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I agree completely. Wires are so...restricting. XD

Huh. My mouse is a tad smaller than most mouses. That might be why it only uses one. o.o
    I know, they tie you down (there's a joke in there somewhere....). XD

Umm, cause you're afraid of being choked to death? XD

hehehe, and now I'm just spouting crap here, but all them radiation waves being sent can't be good for your health XD
    No, because if you got a wire then you're tied down with it. And then if you're like me and move around a good bit with my laptop then the wires gets in the way and hang down and so on. It sucks.

You mean just like cell phones? XD

Wires and Batterries are so bad compaired to my DS which doesnt need either.
    ..October ish nearly over..I'll have to subscribe to a new thread XD
    Your DS uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. It is a battery. XD

Poor poor DCC. XD

I'm happy that there are no wiires on the Wii.

Nintendo did the right thing. Besides the connected analog stick, which is OK in my opinion.
    So am I, the whole wireless controller, wireless connect with the DS, and Wi-Fi makes it great.

To me they need something to connect the Wiimote with the Nunchuck. So that wire is fine for me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Does the PS3 have PSP connectivity? Personally, I can't see Sony doing anything particularly smart with it anyhow.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Does the PS3 have PSP connectivity? Personally, I can't see Sony doing anything particularly smart with it anyhow.
    Yea I'm pretty sure it does.
    I also can't see what they could do with it. With the DS you'll be able to download demos, be able to use it as a controller on game like Pokemon Battle Revolution, and that sort of stuff.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Yea I'm pretty sure it does.
    I also can't see what they could do with it. With the DS you'll be able to download demos, be able to use it as a controller on game like Pokemon Battle Revolution, and that sort of stuff.
    Yeah.

I see the PSP and PS3 as more of a Gamecube and GBA sort of relationship frankly. I don't see much places it could go. Nintendo's franchises work much better in conjunction with each other for that sort of thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back