• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official English Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Boaruption sounds similar to Camprupt (spelling? idk, you get the point), although it is my favourite out of the possible names of it. If Pokabu gets one of the fan-names I will scream. :(

I say it should be Pokabu in English!

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
  • OMG it could be a food generation. =P

Pokabu family could be related to pork and stuff

And there's the broccoli monkey... =P No idea what they'll name that thing. XD

On another note, I REALLY hope they don't keep the name "Gear". seriously, WTF.
    I mean things like "Seel" are obvious enough, but "Gear" would be the actual spelling. That's a bit lame if ya ask me. XD

Tsutaja should be called Snaketh. because I thought of it out of nowhere. But it sounds kinda cool-ish. XD (I'll LOL if they use that!)

And I think Chillarmy will keep its name.

And... hmm... oh oh I just thought of something for the broccoli monkey thing:
    Monccoli. XD lol

I really hope it's not called that though... it'd scare me... XD

yeah... I'm out of ideas for now. XD

diamond397

Cyndaquil Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    I went to zoroark.com and I my stupid computer gave me pokemon.com

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Zekrom = Zekrom
    Reshiram = Reshiram
    Victini = Victini
    Zoroa = Zoroa (Zorua is NOT an actual romanization for the Pokémon, plus it makes no sense once you look at the origin of Zoroark's name.)
    Zoroark = Zoroark
    Chillarmy = Chillarmy
    Wargle = Wargle

Tstarja = Snakleaf (Snake + Leaf)
    Pokabu = Swinire (Swine + Fire)
    Mijumaru = Wotter (A pun/fusion of Water and Otter, looks like I'm not the only one to think of it.)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Zekrom = Zekrom
    Reshiram = Reshiram
    Victini = Victini
    Zoroa = Zoroa (Zorua is NOT an actual romanization for the Pokémon, plus it makes no sense once you look at the origin of Zoroark's name.)
    Zoroark = Zoroark
    Chillarmy = Chillarmy
    Wargle = Wargle

Tstarja = Snakleaf (Snake + Leaf)
    Pokabu = Swinire (Swine + Fire)
    Mijumaru = Wotter (A pun/fusion of Water and Otter, looks like I'm not the only one to think of it.)
    I don't like Chillarmy's name... I hope it's Chinchil or something like that :)

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • As long as they don't mess it up like 4th gen names (English + German xD)

I mean THIS:

Snover --> It's a fusion of "Snow" and "over" because it's covered with snow...LAME?!?

And so did NOE for the German name for it...There it's just a kicking out letters of the word...
    Shnebedeck --> "Schneebedeckt" ( engl.: snow-covered )..... LAME! :D

And there were more names like this in 4th gen... Don't dare it to do so for Gen V!

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Let's just hope we don't get any more fail names like Leafeon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's bring the discussion back to suggestions for English names in Generation 5.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I never thought of that, sure, you can speculate on names in other languages if you'd like :)

It's just that most other users will be speculating on English names rather than anything else.

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
  • Pokabu = Pockeboo (Pokeboo)?

On another note, I REALLY hope they don't keep the name "Gear". seriously, WTF.
    I mean things like "Seel" are obvious enough, but "Gear" would be the actual spelling. That's a bit lame if ya ask me. XD

How about "Geer" or something?

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020

I don't like Chillarmy's name... I hope it's Chinchil or something like that :)
    I'm not saying I like certain names. But, Chillarmy makes sense. Especially when you've got Wargle too. Two war based names, Chinchill is still a bit too obvious. If it's name was completely Japanese sounding I could see them switching it. But, eh.

Oh, with the Zoroa romanization I chose here's why.

ゾロア is Zorua's name in Katakana. Yet, once you break it down it's Zoroa.

ゾ = Zo
    ロ = ro
    ア = a

Zorua would be:
    ゾ = Zo
    ル = ru
    ア = a

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2015
    Smugleaf
    Pignite
    Wotter

If nintendo does any of those I will buy the japanese version when it comes out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back