• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbros

Dark trainer.
Years
  • alright, here's mine. it's weird, and i've never gotten it to work again, but here's the deal. i wanted to go through the game with a Houndour as my starter pokemon, so i got an egg in one game, then started a game on the other. i got to the point where i could trade, and i traded my chikorita for the egg. then i walked around and let the egg hatch. for whatever reason, when my egg hatched, it couldn't learn any of the Houndour TM's. it could only learn Chikorita's TM moves. i got to Erika and taught it Giga Drain, so i wouldn't have to deal with Solarbeam, and then when i traded it back to the other version, suddenly it couldn't learn any Chikorita TM's anymore, but got the Houndoom one's. So now i have a Houndoom with Giga Drain.

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
  • Werid. But cool. Is your game mess up?

nope. i've had "Houndog" for quite some time. After one of my games got erased, he was the only one i had left, so now he's my oldest level 100 pokemon. he's also one of the most useful ones i've ever had. never got that trick to work again, though... i would absolutely love to have a sneasel with earthquake if it worked for meganium's movesets... or an umbreon using the trick with totodile for surf? that'd rock.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • I like this theard. I think its the best.

Werid. But cool. Is your game mess up?

I should only see you posting about the topic which is glitches. I can guarantee you if someone posts here there is probably a little something wrong with their game. What you are posting is spam, and I better not catch you again or you'll be warned.

_mew_

Pallet's Pikachu
    Years
  • I tend not to use glitch..as it can mess up your game.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before,

Can you get MissingNO (Apolizies if mistaken) on Yellow? if yes, how

Cheers

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2014
    No because you can't duplicate and items, so the glitch with MissingNO was removed. Talking to the old man and then surfing the route on Cinnibar will get you nowhere, sorry.

However, I was wondering if anybody noticed any glitches that are in G/S that are cool?

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2006
    There's a nifty glitch in Gold and Silver that lets you duplicate pokemon and items attached to them. You have to place the pokemon you want to duplicate in your PC and then switch PC Boxes. When the screen says "saving...Don't shut off the power", shut it off (be sure to save somewhere close to the PC). When you turn the game back on, you should have one copy of the pokemon in your party, and the other copy of it in your PC. Any items attached to the pokemon you duplicated will be duplicated as well. Note that this glitch doesn't always work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2007
    This glitch on Gold/Silver always work if know how to do it. But, in Crystal it's a little more difficult, you have to wait to see all the message "saving...Don't shut off the power" and turn the game off. There is a probabli of your pokemon get a little wirid like a mixed paras/vileplume, a no shiny turned into a shiny, pokemon level 0 or a your egg hatch into pokemon number 000. If you don't want these glitchs, make sure you don't have any important pokemon in 1st box. The glitchs occur more in that box

Iced

Aspiration
    Years
  • I have 12 glitch screenshots from blue. (PNG Files.) Go download the attachment below.

Years
  • I was trading pokemon with my sister on pokemon stadium 2 and when I went to the last box it contained dugtrios and vulpixes with weird names. some were over level 100! I went to that box later and they were gone!

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2007
    The crystal game have a glitch very very good.
    You want shiny pokémon or a pokemon with attacks of others pokemon? With pokemon crystal it's very simple.
    First you must have olther pokemon metal game and a game boy with cable link. Just for backup the most important pokemon. Save all of your important pokemon like mew or others in this game.
    For shiny pokemon:
    1st-catch a shiny pokemon(don't trade from other game)-»in the beginning of the game you can go to the breader and save before receive the egg, and do the clone trick with the egg. Wait and some of the egg will hatch in a shiny pokemon.
    2nd-catch the pokemon that you want to become shiny(pokemon tath still have one evolution without trading)
    3rd-now, you must have a completly free box, without any pokemon. Switch to that box
    4th-deposit the shiny pokemon and the no shiny pokemon in this order and do the clone trcick.
    5th- see the cloned pokemon
    6th- release them
    7th-now deposit the no shiny and the shiny in this order, 1st- no shiny, 2nd- shiny. Do the clone trick
    8th- see the cloned pokemon(if the shiny is still shiny and no shiny is still no shiny release them and do the step 4th.
    9th-see the cloned pokemon(if the shiny is still shiny and no shiny is still no shiny release them and do the step 7th.
    10th-see the pokemon. If the pokemon you wanted is turned to shiny you have a mixed of the two pokemon(lol, you are a genetic cientist). This pokemon cannot be traded because it is anormal. If you evolve it it become a evolved form of the wanted pokemon and a normal pokemon and now can be traded.
    11th- give to this pokemon the correct name of its specie.

exemple. I catch a shiny crobat. I want a shiny chikorita.

i have chikorita and crobat in the party and one other pokemon.
    i put 1st the chikorita and 2nd the crobat in a empty box.
    i clone them.
    i release them.
    i deposit 1st crobat and 2nd chikorita.
    i clone them
    i see if chikorita is shiny
    no chikorita isen't shiny
    i release chikorita and crobat
    i deposit 1st chikorita and 2nd crobat
    i clone them
    i see if chikorita is shiny
    yes, chikorita is shiny XD
    i withdraw chikorita
    i evolve chikorita
    it become a normal bayleef
    i change its name to bayleef.
    Now i have a shiny bayleef.

If the shiny pokemon is from other game you cannot change the name of the new shiny and its name will be the name of the original shiny.

Sorry for my bad english

Nina-Chan

Nuzlockexcore for life.
    Years
  • Um, just to let you guys know, there IS an easier way to catch mew than starting your game over and flying away from that dude near misty's city. (In Red and Blue)

If you find a pokemon that has a special stat of exactly 21, put it first in your party. (It should be about level 11 or less. My pokemon was a level 12 Butterfree.) I reccomend going to Fuchsia city to do this.

First, Take your pokemon out of the computer. Then, go down the road and head east (to the right). Go down that route, and look in the grass for a ditto. (Make sure all the trainers on that route are beatin and won't challenge you, but make sure you leave a few at the end and you have room to fly away.)

After you battle the ditto and win (with the pokemon with the stats of 21), dont battle anyone or anything else untill you reach the few trainers that you diden't beat. Then, get into a postion where you can fly away when he/she sees you. (I reccomend the bikers near the end of the route).

When you fly away, fly streight back to Fuchsia. Don't battle anything or anyone. Go back to the route and start walking down it, staying out of the grass and trainers that want to battle you. Somewhere on the route, your menue will pop up. YOU MUST PRESS THE B BUTTON AT THIS TIME. When the screen goes down, a level 7 mew will appear. If your smart, you'll have stocked up on masterballs using the MissingNo glitch.

Use masterballs to catch the mew. It should be easy. It'll be hard to train this mew when it gets to higher levels, so when it gets to level 50, I reccomend using rarecandys (obtained by the MissingNo glitch) to train it. Mew will behave like a normal pokemon, not a glitch, after you catch it. I have caught my mew this way, so I know it works.

WARNING!!!! If you use a pokemon with diffrent stats than 21, it'll either come up with a random pokemon, or a glitch. If you encounter a glitch, it could mess up your game perminantly, because some glitches save your game as soon as you encounter them. However, some glitches won't.

BUT, if you do this wrong, it could mess up your game. So, if you want to do this, make sure you do it right.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • I have a glitch:

On my Red version i was going to cycling road west of celedon. I went to the man in the gatehouse and he said i didn't have a bike. i noticed i'de left in the pc. My little sister came into the room and started pressing the B button hard! The guard let me through!
    When i got on cycling road i was constantly walking down. I tryed batlling a trainer but he sourt of said the pokemon center convisation! I healed my pokemon and he turned into a bowing nurse joy! He kept on bowing so i left him too it. When i got to the bottom of the cycling road the start menu popped up. I pressed B and a nurse joy walked across the screen! It then saved itself and went black.
    I reset and tried again. I was in celedon pokemon center and i had no pokemon. I talked to nuse joy but she just said 'we hope to see you again' and bowed!
    So! I now had no pokemom! No cute nursejoy to talk to and every battler on cycling road turned into nurse joy!!!

luckily i had started again. This has never happened again.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • We have thread to discuss glitches in the games, stickied at the top of this forum.
    So, I'm just going to merge them.

~merged~

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Anyone ever try the one to get a Flying Kangaskhan/Rhydon?

Do the MissingNo. trick and catch it (not ?'M?). Once caught, teach it HM: FLY then use a rare cany on it so it will go up a level (still above lv.100)-- it'll evolve into a Kangaskhan that knows FLY! If you were to deposit and withdraw a MissingNo. (maybe ?'M?) it'll somehow turn into a Rhydon. If you have taught it HM FLY beforehand, you now have a Rhydon that knows FLY!

~Sorry if this wasn't very useful of if someone already posted it.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • i found out on i site that if your name is hvHxHy you can get Aerodactyl fossil missingo,Ghost Missingo and 100< Mewtwo XD

Last edited:

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
  • Well...I wanna know your Trainer Name and your Glitch Pokémon...I mean, when you do the 'M trick, you found in Cinnabar Island East Coast some Glitch Pokémon, like 'M or Pokémon above level 100.

The trainer name I always used to use (Now I use AURON) was PEDRO, and I used to get 'M, and Mewtwo (Lucky me!! xD) and Clefable above level 100. How about you ??

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • official glitch thread

I was playing pokemon yellow one day and decided to use gameshark to get yellow missngno. and found it and started fooling around with it... when i was in battling it (for about the 10th time) and the sound stopped and the game went REAAAALLLLLY slow i freaked and ran from it and after that i found al thee strange glitches (photos Enclosed)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back