• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latios&Latias381382

rofl, Mac.
    Years
    I know a couple people. if you do the Mew Glitch with a Pokemon of a special stat exceeding 190 you will fight trainers instead of pokemon and glitches.
    I'M WARNING YOU PEOPLE THAT DO THIS DONT USE MEWTWO! The trainers may freeze/crash your game. Also, you can get back on the S.S Anne without losing. You must have surf to do this though. Ok what you do is you go to the left of the guy that says "the ship set sail" then while holding start go right then save then reset the game. then use surf in the water. then you will be on the guy ( this works and I've done it) And the ditto with the Cooltrainer type move may make the game wierldy glitched up. I dont know if this is really a glitch but when I used an Electrode the battle music sounded like the game froze for a second.

Last edited:

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
    The first time I played Red Version I forgot to save and I turned it back on and I was in this creepy glitched up dungeon where people flew around adn Pokemon nemed Gary terrorized me. IT WAS HORRIBLE!

xfallenwingz

SOS team member =]
    Years
    here's a glitch i found out i think 2 years ago, before i got on here
    i think its not posted so im going to get it out to the world

well here it is...
    everyone knows the glitch where you get Lv100+ people in red and blue right
    well if you want, you can make them invinible and no one can beat you, unless you do certain things (shown at the bottom)

well read on if you want to know the glitch

when you get your Lv100+ try gets ifs HP down to lower then its half way mark. EG 49/100 HP
    *WHEN DOING THIS, AVOID WINNING BATTLES OR ELSE IT MAY NOT WORK*

when its HP is below the avg, give it rare candys until it goes back to Lv0 *after 255*
    *if you dont have enough, then do the cheat*

by the time you get to Lv0 again - look at its HP! O_O

its all screwed up like "#@*/10"

the random numbers allow it to have infinite HP,
    the draw back is that you dont have enough Power points to survive in a battle "PP"
    so do the cheat with the elixers and ethers to restore its PP

other then that you will have unlimited HP
    HERE ARE THE THINGS YOU WILL NEED TO AVOID
    Recovering items and skills *try it and you see why*
    try not to do self damaging moves such as double-edge and take down or the HP will go down for a while *only happends to certain pokemon*

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I have noticed that when in Glitch City (at least for me), the only way to get around is to Surf... anyone else have that problem? You can't walk but you can surf? The one I saw reminded me a lot of Seafoam Islands, actually...

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    _Tracey_ said:
    So...

What are the differences between Missingno. and 'M ??
    Well....

Missingno.;
    Appears in 4 forms; staticy block, Kabutops skeleton, Aerodactyl skeleton, and un-Silphed Ghost.
    Staticy block version knows Water Gun, Water Gun, and Sky Attack.
    Skeletons and Ghost have no preset moves, but have different moves based on your own Pokemon or something.
    Have a cry almost similar to Nidoran (male)
    Does not evolve

'M;
    Looks exactly like the staticy block form of Missingno..
    Knows same moves as staticy block Missingno..
    Cry is similar to Zapdos's, but, I dunno, has a more... evil tone, sorta.
    Evolves into Kangaskahn at any level.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2022
    _Tracey_ said:
    Thanks a lot !!

But I've heard that 'M is more harmful than Missingno. for the game...Is that true ??
    I can't say for sure. I've had a party (and PC box!) full of Missingno. for years with no side effects. But I only have one 'M at the moment (any other I evolved into Kangaskahn). I've had it for a few months and still nothing happened.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    And...I guess Missingno. glitch was fixed in the Spanish version.

In another forum I read so. Plus, before, I've tried the glitch, and I only saw Tentacools. I'll try an English ROM ^_^

EDIT: Yea, in an English ROM i found over-100 level Mewtwo and Clefable. Also, a lvl 0 'M, who rose to 100 and evolve to Kangashkan. Two Water Guns and one Sky Attack ^_^

Last edited:

Zerus

Why >__<
    Years
    _Tracey_ said:
    And...I guess Missingno. glitch was fixed in the Spanish version.

In another forum I read so. Plus, before, I've tried the glitch, and I only saw Tentacools. I'll try an English ROM ^_^

EDIT: Yea, in an English ROM i found over-100 level Mewtwo and Clefable. Also, a lvl 0 'M, who rose to 100 and evolve to Kangashkan. Two Water Guns and one Sky Attack ^_^

Theres a Spanish Version? Also in Blue I fell into a hole in the middle of nowheres them the game crashed!

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    Lol. Of course there is a Spanish Pokémon Red Version.

But Cinnabar Island coast glitch (Pokémon of last zone visited appear, Missingno glitch) is fixed in the Spanish version.

The only glitches in Spanish version are Mew Trick and Glitch city. I haven't tried the Ditto glitch ^_^

som1unkn0wn

Hidden In The Shadows
    Years
    I dont know if these were said but here goes(Only Red\Blue)
    over lv100 pkmn(if your name is DXDYDZD it will be mewtwo)(confirmed):
    1. talk to the guy in viridian who teaches you to catch pokemon, anser no so he'll tell you how to catch pokemon.
    2. fly to fuscia city.
    3.surf south then west to seafoam island or cinnabar(it's random which one will work each time red is usually the former blue the latter)
    4.surf up and down the east coast(yes this will also get you missingno and m' block but this will also get you PKMN over 100(only a few species per player name)
    Glitch trainer(unconfirmed but same source as above):
    1. Choose all ? for your name
    2. on cinnibar there may or may not be a trainer that has all glitch PKMN (including M' Block i think) this is random so if you have the time try again.
    Mew glitch side note:
    if it is the one i know you can do it with any two trainers to get different pokemon

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    hey, i don't know if anyone said this one, and it's not exactly instant, but if you do the cheat to get a shiny ditto, and then breed it with a pokemon in the daycare center, you have a one-in-thirty-two chance of hatching a shiny pokemon. that ups it from one in eight thousand chances.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    It's interesting...I have to catch a shiny Ditto...But...For having a Pokémon egg...Ditto must be male or female ??

BTW...I saw wild Clefable and Mewtwo over lvl 100...It's because of my Trainer's name ??

AkatsukiX8

Akatsuki
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2006
    I KNOW ANOTHER GLITCH!
    Do the mew trick, except dont kill the youngster, kill another guy on the way to bill's house, but not that youngster, just another guy.
    Then go to the place where you are supposed to meet mew, but instead, i got a lv 7 nidoqueen....
    It works, trust me.

guilhermeXX

Charizard use FIRE BLAST
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2009
    what about the glitch to surf over the SS.Anne Guard and go to SS. Anne Again

guilhermeXX

Charizard use FIRE BLAST
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2009
    I KNOW ANOTHER GLITCH!
    Do the mew trick, except dont kill the youngster, kill another guy on the way to bill's house, but not that youngster, just another guy.
    Then go to the place where you are supposed to meet mew, but instead, i got a lv 7 nidoqueen....
    It works, trust me.

Sorry for double post. but that glitch can get all pokemon just do it with other trainers

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back