• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    To double-up on this, good rule of thumb is:
    Anything in an event (Cherish) ball that was not meant to be Shiny is a hack.
    I think that specific info isn't in my guide, I'll add it real quick :3 Thank you <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2018
    Got an unnamed shiny charmander in a too good to be true trade and i want to check if its real!
    (it was on the gts for lunala)

Shiny Charmander | Luxury ball | Lvl 1
    B l i n g | 412644
    Hp:12 | Sp.Atk:6 | Atk:5 | Sp.Def:6 | Def:6 | Speed:5
    Modest | Blaze
    Scratch | Growl | Dragon Dance
    Nature: Modest
    Egg Recieved: 7/2/2017
    Egg Hatched: Apparently 7/2/2017
    Where: Panolia Ranch
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

And again, why do all the pokemon i get like to thrash about? XD

Last edited:

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • I think that specific info isn't in my guide, I'll add it real quick :3 Thank you <3
    I got u bae. ;3

Got an unnamed shiny charmander in a too good to be true trade and i want to check if its real!
    (it was on the gts for lunala)

Shiny Charmander | Luxury ball | Lvl 1
    B l i n g | 412644
    Hp:12 | Sp.Atk:6 | Atk:5 | Sp.Def:6 | Def:6 | Speed:5
    Modest | Blaze
    Scratch | Growl | Dragon Dance
    Nature: Modest
    Egg Recieved: 7/2/2017
    Egg Hatched: Apparently 7/2/2017
    Where: Panolia Ranch
    Characteristic: Likes to thrash about

And again, why do all the pokemon i get like to thrash about? XD
    Ball is fine since Charmeleon was in the Friend Safari in XY. Is the OT written with the normal letters and spaces or does it look like Bling? (If the latter it is a Japanese OT, which could match up to TSV hatching.) Too low leveled to check stats, but according to the IV calc it could be as high as 31/31/31/31/31/x (with that x probably being high).

While it looks fine, GTS Shinies are usually hacked, so likely this one is too. Recommend not trading it around.

P.S. "Likes to thrash about" is the characteristic marker indicating a 31 IV in Attack. The reason it's chosen is long and complicated, and if you really want to know you can check out Bulbapedia's page on Characteristics (see the "Ties" section and following example). tl;dr it's all math and calculations, and all those Pokemon just happen to select for their Attack stat.

Years
  • Gardevoir Lv 100 ♀
    Ball - Heal ball
    OT Christopher ID# 58917
    281 HP, 147 ATT, 168 DEF, 284 Speed, 266 Sp. Def, 344 Sp. Att
    Moves are - Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid
    Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Currently has Pokerus

Got this from WT and found that to be odd. Just wondering if it's hacked.

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Gardevoir Lv 100 ♀
    Ball - Heal ball
    OT Christopher ID# 58917
    281 HP, 147 ATT, 168 DEF, 284 Speed, 266 Sp. Def, 344 Sp. Att
    Moves are - Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, Psyshock, Focus Blast
    Nature: Timid
    Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region
    Characteristic: Mischievous
    Currently has Pokerus

Got this from WT and found that to be odd. Just wondering if it's hacked.
    Can't find any info on the OT. EVs are weird so calculatng the IVs was tricky, but it seems like this is at least 5IV (Attack is 29+ according to the fiddling I did in the IV calc).

Is it Shiny? If not it might be fine, EV trained 5IV Pokemon pop up sometimes. If it is Shiny, WT Shinies are never to be trusted so I recommend not trading it around.

Years
  • Can't find any info on the OT. EVs are weird so calculatng the IVs was tricky, but it seems like this is at least 5IV (Attack is 29+ according to the fiddling I did in the IV calc).

Is it Shiny? If not it might be fine, EV trained 5IV Pokemon pop up sometimes. If it is Shiny, WT Shinies are never to be trusted so I recommend not trading it around.

It's not shiny. Even so I think I'll keep in my box for now and release it later. I plan on infecting some of the extra absol and zoura i have with pokerus and trade them. Where would be a good place to trade on the forums. It's been 4 years sense I've been on here and a lot of stuff has changed.

And thanks for the the help Road!

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • It's not shiny. Even so I think I'll keep in my box for now and release it later. I plan on infecting some of the extra absol and zoura i have with pokerus and trade them. Where would be a good place to trade on the forums. It's been 4 years sense I've been on here and a lot of stuff has changed.

And thanks for the the help Road!
    Then it's probably fine. It came through WT and I've gotten a significant number of 5IV breedjects from that. Up to you tho!
    (Note on Pokerus, there was a hacked strain of it in older gens that would completely disappear off the Pokemon when the day changed over, instead of turning into the inactive kind with the smiley face. You can then infect the Pokemon again with it, but it's annoying and basically means you have to keep the Pokemon in the PC all the time to avoid the Pokerus wearing off. I'd spread it to one Pokemon, then leave it in your party til the time changes over and see if it's still there. If it is then yer good, but if it isn't then you'll have to be careful not to leave it in yer party!)

Well, the Trade Corner is the trade area here. Depending on what you want / have to offer, you can post in the Quick Trade thread (if it's just a few Pokemon), in someone's personal Quick Trades thread (see what they're offering and all that), or in shops. Most of the shops are run by senior members so you're less likely to get hacks, but the Quick Trade threads are more active. You can also make your own Quick Trades thread and offer stuff.

Sure! Not sure if you saw it, but we also have a Hack Check Guide that Soapyyy (and myself and others) have worked hard to put together that can help you spot suspicious stuff on your own. If you still have doubt tho, of course you can post again! Good luck!

Years
  • Then it's probably fine. It came through WT and I've gotten a significant number of 5IV breedjects from that. Up to you tho!
    (Note on Pokerus, there was a hacked strain of it in older gens that would completely disappear off the Pokemon when the day changed over, instead of turning into the inactive kind with the smiley face. You can then infect the Pokemon again with it, but it's annoying and basically means you have to keep the Pokemon in the PC all the time to avoid the Pokerus wearing off. I'd spread it to one Pokemon, then leave it in your party til the time changes over and see if it's still there. If it is then yer good, but if it isn't then you'll have to be careful not to leave it in yer party!)

Well, the Trade Corner is the trade area here. Depending on what you want / have to offer, you can post in the Quick Trade thread (if it's just a few Pokemon), in someone's personal Quick Trades thread (see what they're offering and all that), or in shops. Most of the shops are run by senior members so you're less likely to get hacks, but the Quick Trade threads are more active. You can also make your own Quick Trades thread and offer stuff.

Sure! Not sure if you saw it, but we also have a Hack Check Guide that Soapyyy (and myself and others) have worked hard to put together that can help you spot suspicious stuff on your own. If you still have doubt tho, of course you can post again! Good luck!

Once again thanks for the help and the info on where to post.

My plan on the trades is to make a list of all the pokemon i don't have in my pokedex and ask for them in trade for a absol or zoura with pokerus (after i find out if it's the good pokerus).

Also while reading your last response I got a Archeops with pokerus. The freaking odds XD.

Was gonna send this to you in a PM but your box is full.

Take care and good hunting!

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Once again thanks for the help and the info on where to post.

My plan on the trades is to make a list of all the pokemon i don't have in my pokedex and ask for them in trade for a absol or zoura with pokerus (after i find out if it's the good pokerus).

Also while reading your last response I got a Archeops with pokerus. The freaking odds XD.

Was gonna send this to you in a PM but your box is full.

Take care and good hunting!
    I don't think there's any restrictions on the hacked Pokerus strain (it's origin is basically untraceable), but it is annoying so yeah, checking is a good idea and would recommend doing it on both haha.

Sigh, the eternal struggle of the full inbox. But that's what VMs are for!
    Also if you have questions on trading stuff that is not hack related, I7ve realized we now have a Q&A/FAQ Thread that you can post in (to keep things from being off-topic). Any administrative stuff (reporting scams) should be reported to the mods tho.

Take care and happy trading~

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2017
    Mew tradeable online?

Idk if this is the right forum for this question or if it's already been asked in the past but here we go...

So I just started playing pokemon again for the first time in years. Like the last ones I played regularly were the original gold and silver. I'm slowly catching up to all the current gen features but I have a big one concerning GTS and wonder trade. More specifically, is it possible to get a legitimate mew through wonder trade?

I ask because a few days ago I was playing around on it to see what I could get, and out of the blue, I get a lvl 100 mew! My main concern is that a lot of people say it's impossible to trade mew over wonder trade and GTS, and if you find one there, it's a hack. However, some others say there are certain versions of mew that are legit and CAN be obtained through one or both of these features. The site won't let me include links or pics as I'm new here, but here are some of the main features about the Mew that I got:

OT: GF
    ID No.: 22796
    HP: 346
    SP. Atk: 245
    Atk: 230
    Sp Def: 233
    Def: 242
    Speed: 268
    Came in a regular looking pokeball with a bunch of normal abilities. I replaced a lot of them using TM's and move reminder since getting it. Ability is Synchronize. Has the little Gameboy icon below him which is supposed to represent gen 1 I think. Isn't shiny and has no ribbons of any kind.

So with all that out of the way, I guess my question is can you tell if this mew is legit or hacked? If it is a hacked version, what should I do?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Idk if this is the right forum for this question or if it's already been asked in the past but here we go...

So I just started playing pokemon again for the first time in years. Like the last ones I played regularly were the original gold and silver. I'm slowly catching up to all the current gen features but I have a big one concerning GTS and wonder trade. More specifically, is it possible to get a legitimate mew through wonder trade?

I ask because a few days ago I was playing around on it to see what I could get, and out of the blue, I get a lvl 100 mew! My main concern is that a lot of people say it's impossible to trade mew over wonder trade and GTS, and if you find one there, it's a hack. However, some others say there are certain versions of mew that are legit and CAN be obtained through one or both of these features. The site won't let me include links or pics as I'm new here, but here are some of the main features about the Mew that I got:

OT: GF
    ID No.: 22796
    HP: 346
    SP. Atk: 245
    Atk: 230
    Sp Def: 233
    Def: 242
    Speed: 268
    Came in a regular looking pokeball with a bunch of normal abilities. I replaced a lot of them using TM's and move reminder since getting it. Ability is Synchronize. Has the little Gameboy icon below him which is supposed to represent gen 1 I think. Isn't shiny and has no ribbons of any kind.

So with all that out of the way, I guess my question is can you tell if this mew is legit or hacked? If it is a hacked version, what should I do?

There are plenty of Mew events tradeable through the GTS, like MYSTRY Mew, Hadou Mew, and Aura Mew, so anyone saying "All Mews on the GTS are hacks" don't know about them lol. This specific Mew comes from the special distribution for the Virtual Console RBY games last year, and yes, it doesn't have a ribbon, so it's also able to be traded on the GTS.

From the info, it appears to be level 100 and has some EVs, but with just that info, we can't really tell if it's hacked or not. Getting it at level 100 from the GTS is suspicious though, so it is possible it's hacked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2017
    There are plenty of Mew events tradeable through the GTS, like MYSTRY Mew, Hadou Mew, and Aura Mew, so anyone saying "All Mews on the GTS are hacks" don't know about them lol. This specific Mew comes from the special distribution for the Virtual Console RBY games last year, and yes, it doesn't have a ribbon, so it's also able to be traded on the GTS.

From the info, it appears to be level 100 and has some EVs, but with just that info, we can't really tell if it's hacked or not. Getting it at level 100 from the GTS is suspicious though, so it is possible it's hacked.

Thanks! I asked this question on another site and pretty much got the same answer. Could be hacked or legit but no way to tell for sure. I was hoping someone could tell me for certain, but oh well. I guess I'll just hang on to it for now {XD}

While I'm here, though, I have another pokemon I got and wanna get some input on...

Shiny Rayquaza Lv. 100
    OT: Mikey
    ID No. 24232
    HP: 351
    SP. Atk.: 302
    Atk.: 399
    Sp. Def.: 216
    Def.: 216
    Speed: 317
    Ability: Air Lock
    Didn't have an item, I think.
    Powers: Extreme Speed
    Dragon Pulse
    Hyper Voice
    Dragon Ascent
    Came in a regular looking pokeball and the only ribbon it has is Hoenn Champion.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Thanks! I asked this question on another site and pretty much got the same answer. Could be hacked or legit but no way to tell for sure. I was hoping someone could tell me for certain, but oh well. I guess I'll just hang on to it for now {XD}

While I'm here, though, I have another pokemon I got and wanna get some input on...

Shiny Rayquaza Lv. 100
    ID No. 24232
    Dragon Pulse
    Hyper Voice
    Dragon Ascent
    Came in a regular looking pokeball and the only ribbon it has is Hoenn Champion.

Does it have the blue pentagon?
    It doesn't match any Event, so it's caught in-game. If it does have the pentagon, it's hacked. Rayquaza was Shiny Locked in ORAS, and can't ever be Shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2017
    Does it have the blue pentagon?
    It doesn't match any Event, so it's caught in-game. If it does have the pentagon, it's hacked. Rayquaza was Shiny Locked in ORAS, and can't ever be Shiny.

Nope! Just the red star for being a shiny version!

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years

• That nature isn't actually beneficial to Rayquaza, so that might point to it being legit. Does it say something like, "comes across space and time from the Hoenn region" or whatever is the normal phrase?

It having Dragon Ascent is a little suspicious since a Rayquaza from Gen III would need to have it tutored in SM for it to gain the move, but that's still doable.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Thanks! I asked this question on another site and pretty much got the same answer. Could be hacked or legit but no way to tell for sure. I was hoping someone could tell me for certain, but oh well. I guess I'll just hang on to it for now {XD}

Shiny Rayquaza Lv. 100
    ID No. 24232
    Dragon Pulse
    Hyper Voice
    Dragon Ascent

Based on the stats (and you can confirm this in game too with the Judge option), it has 31 in all IVs and it's EV'd in 252 Atk / 252 Speed. 6IV BR Shiny Legendary from presumably 4th gen, I'd definitely assume that's hacked.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2017
    That nature isn't actually beneficial to Rayquaza, so that might point to it being legit. Does it say something like, "comes across space and time from the Hoenn region" or whatever is the normal phrase?

It having Dragon Ascent is a little suspicious since a Rayquaza from Gen III would need to have it tutored in SM for it to gain the move, but that's still doable.

Yeah. Came across time and space from the hoenn region.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back