• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
  • Yeah. Came across time and space from the hoenn region.
    Actually, if it came from the Hoenn region (therefore Gen III), is Jolly and has 6IV, doesn't that automatically make it a hack? Jolly isn't on the list of natures that allowed for 6IV spread.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Actually, if it came from the Hoenn region (therefore Gen III), is Jolly and has 6IV, doesn't that automatically make it a hack? Jolly isn't on the list of natures that allowed for 6IV spread.
    Indeed, I keep forgetting about that lol. Then it's 100% a hack. Thank you dear~

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • Indeed, I keep forgetting about that lol. Then it's 100% a hack. Thank you dear~
    Got u fam. ;3
    (Reminds me that I was gonna test RNGing high-IV Shiny eggs to see if they followed the same rule. I'll try to look into that over this summer break.)

UberRoimel

The Blaise Witch Project
    Years
  • Help!
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

I'll post 3 more after this is confirmed legit :D Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Help!
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

---
    Spoiler:

I'll post 3 more after this is confirmed legit :D Thanks in advance

Sandshrew is from Lairette on GameFAQs. I'm friends with her. :)
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/Lairette/bio

Gible is from the GameFAQs user with the same name.
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/Duhveed/bio

Jangmo-o... Let's see if someone else can confirm this, because I'm a bit rusty on Egg Move breeding.

Jangmo-o was hatched in December, a month and a half before Pokebank was out. Which means the Egg Moves must be from Pokemon in the Alola Dex. The Jangmo-o has 3 Egg Moves + Dragon Dance. I forgot how Egg Move breeding works, do each Egg Move Transfer, or do all 3 need to be from the same parent? One possibility is that the OT kept breeding each Egg Move onto it to create the perfect Shiny Jangmo-o, but I believe the stronger possibility is that someone hacked a non-Alola dex Pokemon in and bred for the Jangmo-o. Or it's just straight up hacked/illegal because it has all 3 Egg Moves. Hopefully someone can confirm or review this.

Mimikyu and Mareanie. Judging by the topic, you got it from the original owner, themoonblaster. I'd say that's legit, I haven't heard of that person being a hacker or anything.

UberRoimel

The Blaise Witch Project
    Years
  • Sandshrew is from Lairette on GameFAQs. I'm friends with her. :)
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/Lairette/bio

Gible is from the GameFAQs user with the same name.
    https://www.gamefaqs.com/community/Duhveed/bio

Jangmo-o... Let's see if someone else can confirm this, because I'm a bit rusty on Egg Move breeding.

Jangmo-o was hatched in December, a month and a half before Pokebank was out. Which means the Egg Moves must be from Pokemon in the Alola Dex. The Jangmo-o has 3 Egg Moves + Dragon Dance. I forgot how Egg Move breeding works, do each Egg Move Transfer, or do all 3 need to be from the same parent? One possibility is that the OT kept breeding each Egg Move onto it to create the perfect Shiny Jangmo-o, but I believe the stronger possibility is that someone hacked a non-Alola dex Pokemon in and bred for the Jangmo-o. Or it's just straight up hacked/illegal because it has all 3 Egg Moves. Hopefully someone can confirm or review this.

Mimikyu and Mareanie. Judging by the topic, you got it from the original owner, themoonblaster. I'd say that's legit, I haven't heard of that person being a hacker or anything.

Hey! Thanks :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024

I will confirm that all three eggs moves were completely obtainable in Sun/Moon pre-bank.

That's all I can confirm.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • I want to get other opinions on these. I checked them myself and nothing seems wrong with them, but I haven't been in the competitive battling scene since 2014 so I don't know what combinations are legal or not, if the HAs are possible, etc. I really hate BR Shinies, which is why I'm really skeptical of these.

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I want to get other opinions on these. I checked them myself and nothing seems wrong with them, but I haven't been in the competitive battling scene since 2014 so I don't know what combinations are legal or not, if the HAs are possible, etc. I really hate BR Shinies, which is why I'm really skeptical of these.

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

---

Spoiler:

These are the kind of Shinies I really hate too, and the reason why I Wonder Traded all my collection.
    I looked quickly and the only one I can be 99% sure is hacked is Crustle. The dates are weird but the thing that tips me off is the Nature vs IVs. It looks weird to me someone would breed a Flawless Shiny, with the wrong Nature. I'll (or other users) have to check for the other Pokémon's moveset and such.

Years
  • 99% this is hacked but found it funny and wanted to check anyways.

Shiny Wailord Lv. 100 (named Your Mom)
    Caught in a Heavy ball
    OT - Meg
    ID# 925091
    Hp 481
    Att. 237
    Def. 127
    Speed 156
    Sp. Def. 170
    Sp. Att. 216
    Moves - Heavy slam, Hydro Pump, Water Spout, Rest
    Held item - Burn Heal
    Ability - Water Veil
    Nature - Naughty
    Met on 7/18/2017 at Seafolk Village at Lv. 25
    Characteristic - Capable of taking hits
    6 perfect ivs

As i said. Pretty positive it's a hack but found it funny.

Road

beyond salvation
    Years

Caught in a Heavy ball
    OT - Meg
    ID# 925091
    Hp 481
    Att. 237
    Def. 127
    Speed 156
    Sp. Def. 170
    Sp. Att. 216
    Held item - Burn Heal
    Ability - Water Veil
    Nature - Naughty
    6 perfect ivs

6IV wild caught so yes. (Though MAYBE possible via RNG? I'm not sure if it works for wild Pokemon, maybe Soaps can speak on this.)

UberRoimel

The Blaise Witch Project
    Years
  • Shiny Mienshao - Male, Lv.100, Pokeball
    IVs:31/31/31/31/31 | EVs: 252 Sp.A. 252 Spe, X Sp.D. | Stats: 271/286/156/260/157/339
    OT/ID: Liam/61898 | Nature/Ability: Jolly/Regenerator
    Moves: High Jump Kick, Knock Off, U-Turn, Poison Jab

Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region.
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain

I got it from my Shop :D

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Shiny Mienshao - Male, Lv.100, Pokeball
    IVs:31/31/31/31/31 | EVs: 252 Sp.A. 252 Spe, X Sp.D. | Stats: 271/286/156/260/157/339
    OT/ID: Liam/61898 | Nature/Ability: Jolly/Regenerator
    Moves: High Jump Kick, Knock Off, U-Turn, Poison Jab

Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region.
    Characteristic: Somewhat vain

I got it from my Shop :D

Looks like the standard UU Life Orb set featured on Smogon. And because it's 6IV, I'd probably say hacked.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • The Wailord and Meinshao are legal, unfortunately there isn't much of a way to determine their legitimacy status with the information given.

Last edited:

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
    Years

Caught in a Heavy ball
    OT - Meg
    ID# 925091
    Hp 481
    Att. 237
    Def. 127
    Speed 156
    Sp. Def. 170
    Sp. Att. 216
    Held item - Burn Heal
    Ability - Water Veil
    Nature - Naughty
    6 perfect ivs

It could be legit with the info we have. However, seeing as someone named it "Your Mom" with a Naughty nature and a Burn Heal held item, I'd say that someone's having fun and you got... burned.

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • So we are ignoring the fact that it's wild-caught and also has 6IVs?? Even with the 4IV guarantee from SOS call that is crazy lucky, and on a Shiny too. Soapy even just said that wild RNG isn't possible at this time so that's out the window.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    How to find out if a Pokemon is Shinified?

If those 'mons are in Cherish Balls, you can check whether the event distribution released them as shiny or not, or if they got a chance to be shiny.

If they were from a previous generation, like Gen3 (I'm not sure if Gen4 as well), you can check their nature+IV combo if it can be a shiny.

Other than those two, there's no way to know.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    How to find out if a Pokemon is Shinified?

There's also checking via PKHeX, where you can see if the Pokémon 's PID matches its Nature, Shininess, and OT' s TID.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back